DVDVR Message Board

TNA/GWF MEGA THREAD OF DOOM~!

If Jeff Jarrett's idea was to be a throwback to the era of empty arena matches, he would have been successful. Alas, I don't think that's what he was going for. I hope these guys are getting paid somehow for working in front of nobody. If Double J stiffs them on pay, it's even more depressing.

Has anyone found results from the Global Force show in Erie, PA on Saturday? Thanks in advance.

Global Force Wrestling Grand Slam Tour - July 10, 2015 from Erie, PA

*AR Fox def. Aaron Draven & Chuck Taylor

*Moose & Sonjay Dutt def. Jamin Olivencia & Jon Bolen

*Cherry Bomb def. Taeler Hendrix

*Eric Young def. John McChesney

*Nick Aldis def. Kongo Kong

*Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson (w/ Scott Steiner) def. PJ Black & Sanada

• Like 1

Literally, the only guy I was interested in seeing was KUSHIDA. And they managed to pair him off with the guy I least wanted to see.

And match him up against 2 guys I've never heard of.

Reno SCUM are two Bay Area guys, Adam Thornstowe and Luster the Legend, who have been out here for quite some time. They always put on a good live match, though they really peaked a couple years ago. Still nice to see them getting a shot somewhere other than the Bay Area or Reno.  

• Like 1

GFW can go ahead and cancel the Neo*Geo tournament cause Manny Villalobos is:

1. Still alive

2. Still wrestling

3. Still Global TV Champ

"Welcome back to the debut episode of Amped presented by GFW. Good ol' JR here alongside MMA great Chael Sonnen as we take a good look at the outside of tonight's venue, the lovely Orleans Arena here in Las Vegas."

"Ha, looks like we got a cab fare dodger. A Mexican. Trump was right."

"That's "Hard Luck" Manuel Villalobos."

"He's running into the arena. And there's a cop chasing him."
"That's Rico Constantino, former WWE Tag Team Champion."

"Manny's in the ring. He's trying to get the mic away from our ring announcer and Teen Beat correspondent, Brandon Baxter."

"Please, I pay for cab, I pay for cab. I just need to win tournament first!"

"Oh no! The Coast To Ivory Coast Connection of Sweet Daddy Compton and "The South African Stud" PJ Black have attacked Manny and they've laid out Rico too!"

"Look JR!"

"That's Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden, The Stud Stable."

"Now y'all go on and shooo. I got words for this Manny Villalobos fella. Now son, look at ya. Ain't got a penny in your pocket or a brain in your head. Well, my associate here, the good Doctor James Golden and myself, the beloved Reverend Robert Fuller are here to help you and the entire world! We're here to help sad sacks like you become real men in a world where real men are becoming a scarcity. They used to call me "The Tennessee Stud" not because it looked good on a t-shirt but because I earned that moniker. We didn't call our crew "The Stud Stable" because it fit a catchphrase. We called it that cause between drinking and fighting we made love to every woman that would have us. You look at society today. The top movie star is some guy that shakes his lil' ding-a-ling around. People say Bruce Jenner's brave cause he wears a dress. Now if his daddy were Buddy Fuller he could call himself brave cause my daddy would've knocked me into the next century if he ever saw me in a dress. And the football players, the big tough football players! All they do is whine about their heads hurting and get on their phones and beg women for dates. Now in my day, we had to fight the women off with a stick even with our heads busted open and bleeding. But worry not, people! The Stable is back! We're back to help society. All you sad sack men out there can now join The Stable Of Studology and learn to become real men. Just visit our website and you can find out how you can receive teachings direct from me on how to become a real man. And while you're making your mind and spirit stronger, you sad sacks can't go forgetting your body now. Just drink a bottle of Doctor Jimmy's Magic Golden Elixir and you'll be full of vigor and vitality. Here you go, Manny. First bottle's free."

"Oh, vigor and vitality!  Hey, Rev sign ol' Chael P. up.  You remember what it's like to have vigor and vitality, JR?"

"Vaguely. We've got to go to commercial, folks. We'll get all this straitened out during the break. You're watching GFW Amped!"

• Like 6

POTENTIAL LEGAL ISSUE LEADS TO TNA DROPPING WRESTLER & CAUSES MASSIVE CHANGES TO IMPACT WRESTLING TV SERIES

By Mike Johnson on 2015-07-15 18:28:19
An issue between TNA and Lucha Underground has led to a number of planned TNA TV segments being pulled from upcoming episodes of Impact Wrestling, storylines being dropped and one recent TNA signing being dropped from the company, PWInsider.com has learned

At the center of the controversy with Shawn Hernandez, who recently returned to TNA and became part of the Beat Down Clan after appearing on the first season of Lucha Underground on The El Rey Network.

TNA sources indicate that Hernandez was signed to a deal by the company after informing TNA that contractually, he was free and clear to do so.  After Hernandez made a number of appearances at TNA TV tapings, Lucha Underground approached TNA and informed them that contractually, Hernandez was still their talent, signed to their series and that he was not released from his obligations to their promotion, therefore he could not legally appear on TNA broadcasts.

As you might imagine, this put TNA into a legally actionable position where they could be sued. With Impact Wrestling already pre-filmed well in advance as well, it put the company into a terrible situation where their storylines, which are worked out well in advance, would be useless.

I am told that TNA management attempted to work out an agreement with Lucha Underground that would allow the existing footage to be used, including offering to pay Underground for Hernandez' appearances. We are told that Underground turned down all those attempts.  Given that the producers of the Lucha series come from a film and TV background, I was not surprised to hear that.

Since TNA cannot use the footage, the decision was made to pull anything involving the BDC. As of today, all of the current BDC storylines are completed and done as it would be impossible to edit around Hernandez.

I am told that starting tonight, TNA will be replacing those matches and vignettes with existing material, including some matches from the TNA Slammiversary PPV from a few weeks ago. TNA also intends to film material at their Orlando TV Tapings later this month that they can drop into the segments that are no longer available to be used.

The matches and segments that were filmed are (for now at least) completely scrapped and TNA will re-edit all of their TV.

Hernandez, obviously, is gone from TNA and he is now in a position where he's losing work as TNA wanted to use him and cannot. Lucha Underground is still working to finance a potential second season, so Hernandez is now stuck off TV until they pick up production again.

As far as the rest of the BDC, MVP, Kenny King, etc. are also effectively be off those TV episodes until TNA can get new material with those talents. So, through no fault of their own, a number of TNA talents are now off television suddenly until TNA can work them back in while talents who wrestled them also find their matches yanked.

Obviously, the TNA editing team has their work ahead of them.

Well, it's more El Rey shooting TNA in the foot than TNA doing it themselves for a change. Kind of a dick move seeing how it affects a bunch of TNA guys through no fault of their own.

How is it a dick move?  TNA's lucky they're not getting sued right now.  Getting a C&D to not air the stuff with Hernandez is getting off easy.  LU could've taken them to the cleaners on this one.

TNA could've resolved this situation before it happened with one phone call to find if Hernandez was telling the truth and was still under contract.  Instead, they barreled ahead anyway, hoping they could beg off or buy off whoever complained.  Not this time.

• Like 1

How hard is it for TNA to do their due diligence and call El Ray and confirm that Hernandez was clear from his contact?  I'd think that would be pretty standard practice to confirm that their talent is contractually clear to appear on their show.