DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA OFFSEASON

Cole Miner

According to defensive +/-, Derrick Williams was the worst defensive PF in the NBA last year. Think of the ground that covers.

Is Enes "OLE" Kanter considered a PF or a center, because if he;s better than Williams. . . .

Still he's only 24, played for a massively dysfunctional franchise (even worse than the Knicks!), signed for what is, in this crazy new NBA, basically nothing, and has shown flashes of decent offense, and is borderline a good enough shooter to spread the floor as a stretch 4.

I doubt he gets much better, but it's possible, and it's for five million per for only two years. He's being on himself to double dip into the big money in two years, and it's a defensible risk for Phil.

According to defensive +/-, Derrick Williams was the worst defensive PF in the NBA last year. Think of the ground that covers.

I like diff percentage. The stat that is least influenced by teammate performance. Williams numbers were bad but he was Tony Allen compared to this. Payne from Minnesota had a +11.1 impact on shooting percentage as well. That whole team was lousy though. Dieng was far worse than I expected. +5.1 with a % at the rim equal to Anthony Bennett.

5fub08I.png

Yahoo has reported LaMarcus Aldridge will be a San Antonio Spur. 

That is so rad!

Edit:

Lamarcus Aldridge

@aldridge_12
I'm happy to say I'm going home to Texas and will be a Spur!! I'm excited to join the team and be close to my family and friends.
Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 4

More NBA news....Happy 4th of July!!!

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 3m3 minutes ago

Free agent center Bismack Biyombo has agreed to a two-year, $6 million deal with the Toronto Raptors, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

BIYOMBO!!!!

Tim MacMahon @espn_macmahon 6m6 minutes ago

Mavs hope to sign JJ Barea and Jeremy Lin. Have $2.8M exception, can create $2.6M slot by stretching Ray Felton. Both might get more $.

Lin is pretty good at times on offense. Sucks on defense and he's turnover prone late in-games. He'd be an ok pick-up for the Mavs. I liked him on a 2-PG lineup and I think Byron played him in that role a few times with Clarkson.  He's a ex-Laker though, RandomAct might have to start praying the Laker-to-Mavs curse doesn't continue. :)

KOUFOS!!!!

Mike Bresnahan @Mike_Bresnahan 6m6 minutes ago

Kosta Kofous is "on our radar," according to Lakers source. No signing imminent. They need somebody. Anybody, really.

I dunno, I think the Lakers might be better off taking back someone like Hibbert on a 1-year deal in a salary dump if there's any asset thrown in.

The way things have gone for the Lakers, I'd expect Koufos signing elsewhere by the time I'm done posting this.

Listening to the latest Zach Lowe podcast, there seems to be no chance Boogie leaves the Kings. They'll run through three more coaches before they get rid of him.

Spurs should really be interesting next year because their best two players don't need to be on a rest plan.

Alfredo, I kinda had it in my head all along that we'd end up with Lin.  He's a little better defensively than Jameer Nelson was last year, and being paired with Matthews in the backcourt may help him on that end.  Biggest strength is clearly his PnR game, which is needed to maximize DJ offensively.  It's either him, or roll with Felton, so....yeah lol.

If the Spurs signed David West, can I label them a superteam?

They won't get the same heat though.

I'm more surprised it was down to the Spurs and THE SUNS for LaMarcus.  How the Suns get in there?

I think JaVale would actually be a good DJ replacement. And we should get some more Chris Paul freaking out gifs with McGee on the Clippers.

Does this mean Big Baby gets more playing time too? Because I'm all for that.

I actually do think losing Splitter is a legit lost for the Spurs.  I mean obviously you want LaMarcus, but Splitter was a legit center and he would play those grind it out minutes for them.  LMA and even West aren't those types of players.

I actually think keeping him and getting rid of Diaw may have been the better move, if it was possible.  Still a great combo of players though.

• Like 1

I guess Pop feels Baynes can fill in for Splitter. He did play 16 minutes per and his numbers aren't too shabby.

Baynes signed with Detroit yesterday.  I guess Diaw is the backup center?

• Like 1