DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA OFFSEASON

Cole Miner

Same with the Mavs and them signing Jordan and Matthews. But I think both teams are in a position where they aren't bad enough to tank so they need to assemble the best possible roster and let the chips fall.

I think more than anything, it makes them more attractive to free agents next year, and the team goes in with a ton of cap space after next season presumably.  IF Matthews can still shoot the 3 and play defense, he's a p big upgrade on Ellis.  Again, I loved what Monta brought, but his shortcomings weren't going away.  DJ is basically younger, more athletic Tyson Chandler, but he doesn't have Chandler's edge, I don't think.

As someone pointed out, the big story is that Dallas turned an aging core roster into a younger one without having to truly tank out.  Depending on who we get at PG(most likely Jeremy Lin), the team got younger at every position except for PF.  Above all else, I'm just thrilled that the team got the targets it wanted for a change.  The last 3 offseasons have been rough as a Mavs fan.

Latest FA news...

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 7m7 minutes ago

Free agent Corey Brewer has agreed to a three-year, $24 million deal to return to the Houston Rockets, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA 3m3 minutes ago Land O' Lakes, FL

Talks between the Sacramento Kings and Patrick Beverley are progressing, according to sources. They may be nearing a deal.

If Beverly signs with Kings, that might leave the Lakers or teams with MLE as only options for Rondo! Amazing how much he's fallen.

Did Enis Kanter resign yet?

I think he's a restricted FA.

I'm guessing Kanter, Shumpert & Tobias Harris might get offers at the July 9 date. I don't think other teams can throw an offer sheet until that day when FAs can sign. They could talk to them, but not have them sign. That's also assuming teams have cap room since every team, but the Lakers & Sixers seems to have reached agreements with players early on.

Shumpert agreed to 4/40 with the Cavs.

Did Enis Kanter resign yet?

I think he's a restricted FA.

I'm guessing Kanter, Shumpert & Tobias Harris might get offers at the July 9 date. I don't think other teams can throw an offer sheet until that day when FAs can sign. They could talk to them, but not have them sign. That's also assuming teams have cap room since every team, but the Lakers & Sixers seems to have reached agreements with players early on.

Shumpert agreed to 4/40 with the Cavs.

DAMMIT!!!!

Crosses him off list. I think I forgot when everyone was signing...

DJ is a ridiculous upgrade over Chandler. I just wouldn't want to pay Wes that if he was 100% healthy.

The Suns with LMA would be a real threat. Markieff off the bench would not be fair. If Bledsoe and Knight continue to show improvement they would be a tough out.

DJ is a ridiculous upgrade over Chandler. I just wouldn't want to pay Wes that if he was 100% healthy.

The Suns with LMA would be a real threat. Markieff off the bench would not be fair. If Bledsoe and Knight continue to show improvement they would be a tough out.

I think they'd have to deal Markieff and another player to sign LMA along with Tyson Chandler.

Becky Hammon will head coach the Spurs' summer team, making her the first woman to lead an NBA team in any capacity.

And I'm sure anyone who pulls any "Wildcats" shit can deal directly with Pop.

• Like 1

Rondo, Rudy, Cousins, Ben Mac and WCS is your potential starting 5. It probably works on NBA2K but unfortunately for Vlade this is real life and it's a bitch.

I want this to be a reality show so much.

Rondo, Rudy, Cousins, Ben Mac and WCS is your potential starting 5. It probably works on NBA2K but unfortunately for Vlade this is real life and it's a bitch.

There needs to be an episode where they refuse to practice because the ghost of Wayman Tisdale is haunting their gym...

It really is sad how fast Rondo has fallen.

As much as I hate the Boston Celtics, he was, pre-injury, one of my absolute favorite guys to watch. The passes at absurd, impossible angles man...

I normally don't quote Bill Simmons in any way, but the Kings are so the team most likely to start a fight in the club.

I normally don't quote Bill Simmons in any way, but the Kings are so the team most likely to start a Fight Club.
FTF Both of you
  • Like 1