DVDVR Message Board

Raw 4-6-15

MGFanJay

There needs to be a Dean Ambrose / Luke Harper singles match at Extreme Rules where they beat the living shit out of each other and right at the end they both are like, "Y'know what?  If we beat the shit out of other people the way we beat the shit out of each other, we could be tag champs,"  and then they go and nuke Cesaro and Kidd the following night on RAW.

• Like 7

I wish I could be as optimistic about New Day's heel turn as everyone else.  I like all three guys and can't wait to see Big E rip someone in half.  But me thinks this is going to end badly.  We've got Vince and Michael Hayes booking this--we're going to hear jigaboo this, Buckwheat that for months.  And then watch the guys get buried because Vince will blame them for when he can't get sponsors to sign on due to the company's 'black issues.'

On a lighter note--anything that gets Luke Harper on my screen more is fine by me.  I live for his mule kick.

I mean seriously, I like Kane and Big Show, but they're not bringing anything new to the table that they haven't brought for the last decade plus.  

Meanwhile, I see Luke Harper being the new Cesaro, as in the constant "why isn't he getting pushed more".

As for the New Day turn, it would have made more sense if Kofi was wrestling and Xavier was the one with the kick on the outside.  Xavier seemed really angry in the backstage promo, then when Kofi cheated, he was like "What are you doing?"  It didn't make sense.

To echo what everyone else has said, just put Harper back with Bray already. I get Rowan not being with them as I always thought he was dead weight, but put Bo in that group and have Harper and Bo as a tag team. You don't even need to change Bo's gimmick. He can keep the Bo-lieve stuff, but just be in the cult. Shit, he already looks gullible and dumb enough to fall for multiple cults.

And Ultimo Necro already pointed out the Titus/Terry Crews comparison. PUSH TITUS DAMMIT. 

• Like 2

As for the New Day turn, it would have made more sense if Kofi was wrestling and Xavier was the one with the kick on the outside.  Xavier seemed really angry in the backstage promo, then when Kofi cheated, he was like "What are you doing?"  It didn't make sense.

It looked more to me like he was thinking, "Now there's an idea! Why didn't we try this sooner?"

• Like 1

It looked more to me like he was thinking, "Now there's an idea! Why didn't we try this sooner?"

evil will always triumph because good is dumb

• Like 2

It wasn't that long ago that Kane was in Team Hell No and had one of the more entertaining stretches of his career. Show had his moments in his feud with the authority.

I know it sounds like a broken record, but it really comes down to booking. They've been just relentlessly shoving Show/Kane down the audiences throats for months now. Combined they must be on the screen for 45-60 minutes of each Raw.

What they were doing wasn't working four months ago so it's not just going to start working now. 

The Neville match really makes you realize just how small he is and the obstacles he's going to have to overcome. Rollins isn't exactly a lumbering giant. 

What they need to do is give Bray another family.  Or at least let someone destroy him during a match to prove he actually can pull someone over to the dark side.

I would give him the Ascension as underlings.  They've already got a face-paint, yammer about nonsense thing down.  Wyatt could call them his archangels or something.  It would sound cooler coming from him.  Realistically, one couldn't go wrong by teaming up Bray with the Ascension, having them fight Harper/Rowan and someone else who's not busy. Truth?!

You really must hate him in that case. Might as well give him some concrete shoes and dump him in the harbor.

Nah, it would be perfect.  Two mostly charisma-less underlings to do his bidding.  They won't upstage him, they won't start getting cheered when they're supposed to be heels, and they fit the vacuous zombie-model that a unquestioning cult member should be.  With Harper/Rowan, fans were inevitably waiting for them to get sick of Wyatt's shit and beat him up as they were two big, intimidating guys with some cool moves.  With the Ascension, there would be no such feelings.

I may have just gotten really into the idea of the champ being a monster that only shows up for special occasions, but I feel like I've already seen Seth Rollins, World Heavyweight Champion too much. He should be busy being the biggest celebrity of all time, not wrestling matches on Raw against rookies and getting into fights with Kane. 

Seconded on Harper, and even Rowan being the guys in Big Show and Kane's spot. It's not even that Big Show is crazy boring now (he is). He's accomplished so much and now he's a glorified jobber. It's like he moved to TNA Impact without leaving the company. Just let the guy retire, or be a dominant monster team with Mark Henry.

Kalisto's 'lucha' chant was great in the indys, I think people hate it because Sin Cara keeps fucking it up. 

Are there enough teams for a tournament? The tag division needs a good #1 Contenders Tournament. 

Rollins isn't a lumbering giant, but he is 6'4, which makes him taller or as tall as Brock and Roman Reigns.

You're thinking about Ambrose. Rollins is around 6'1".

Is Vince still on the real height and weight thing, or is Rollins really like 5'10"?

I think current heights given are fairly legit.

Tag teams for a tournament:

Prime Time Players

New Day

Ascension

Lucha Dragons

Matadores

Usos (depending on injury situation)

You could toss Barrett/Seamus together, and possibly Ziggler/Bryan, or Ziggler/Ryback for a 8-team tournament.

Tag teams for a tournament:

Prime Time Players

New Day

Ascension

Lucha Dragons

Matadores

Usos (depending on injury situation)

You could toss Barrett/Seamus together, and possibly Ziggler/Bryan, or Ziggler/Ryback for a 8-team tournament.

Blake and Murphy could pop in for a main roster match on Main Event

Really liked Rollins/Neville. Neville got a good reaction and even trended on twitter, so hopefully he'll stick. I wonder who his first real feud will be with.

Cena/Stardust was looking good until they went 50/50 down the stretch. No one buys Stardust is on Cena's level. Cena with the US title should be face version of Sheamus. He should be terrorizing midcarders under the pretense of "being a fighting champion" and a "proud American" instead of pure spite of course, but it's not gonna mean anything when someone finally steps up to him if all his matches are the same.

The New Day just became significantly more watchable embracing the "heels who think they're faces" act. The "New... Day Sucks" chant is perfect for them. I've also always had an odd interest in seeing Kofi work as a heel for some reason.

Rollins isn't a lumbering giant, but he is 6'4, which makes him taller or as tall as Brock and Roman Reigns.

You're thinking about Ambrose. Rollins is around 6'1".

I could be wrong but it definitely doesn't seem like Ambrose is taller than Rollins.