DVDVR Message Board

Dolfan in NYC

if you hate Cincy, you'll really love how 20+ fouls per game West Virginia matches up against Kentucky

can't lie, having Kentucky destroy this West Virginia team is kinda amusing. The fouling disguised as defense played by WV deserves to be pounded hard.

Hey, I got all four games right yesterday on my bracket. No shot at winning my pool though - person ahead of me has pretty much identical picks the rest of the way.

I went with the "Everyone's picking Kentucky, so I need to pick someone other than Kentucky" approach to my bracket this year. best I can finish now is second if Arizona wins out. If Kentucky wins, I probably finish last place and win my money back.

With the rowrbazzle going on about Indiana's new "religious freedom law" (cough cough), I'm wondering: do the NCAA and their broadcasters actually have to MENTION where they are? What if they took "Indianapolis" off all the graphics, the court etc and explicitly forbid their announcers from mentioning the state at all? I know it isn't fair to Indy (most of whose commerce organizations seemed to be dead set against SB101), but short of moving the entire show out of town I think it's the best possible solution.

• Like 1

I'm sure they could and hope they do. I also hope the B1G and NCAA tournament say adios to Indiana until this bullshit is fixed. Shit, even people at Notre Dame think this is fucked.

And I'm stopping there. I don't need my Facebook feed to bleed into this. I'm sure Pete and others see enough already.

• Like 1

Grant made some questionable decisions there down the stretch.   I hate the Harrison twins. They won't be anything at the next level but they are great to hate on the college level.

Probably a combination of fatigue (playing every minute of every game is impressive but fucking dumb) and Kentucky being ridiculously long/good. He forced a three earlier in crunch time and then failed to recognize the double and eventual triple team -> corner trap at the end there. Jackson was all but invisible barring one nice drive and finish (1-7 for the game), which is probably a bigger factor. He looked shook. But the entire ND starting 5 was trending downwards as the fresher Kentucky team was making most of their later shots. That's what you have to expect when UK has that kind of depth vs. basically 5 players (Colson barely played in the 2nd half and Auguste refused to play hard on the block, leading to free and easy inside buckets for UK).

Edit: Dewar, my Canadian bruver, TSN is the absolute dog shit in terms of making us sit through back-to-back NCAA tournaments with that fucking Asiago sandwich commercial from Wendy's. Fuck them and fuck that sandwich. These commercials make my head hurt. The same 5 fucking ads the entire tournament. :(

Double edit: I hope Travis Trice becomes this generation's John Starks. Somewhat similar appearance and game. I mostly just miss John Starks.

I try to watch as much CBS coverage as I can. I hate that damned Asiago sandwich commercial too, but I can't stop laughing when she's "face deep in a baconator".

My mother decided that birthday dinner for my brothers needed to be held while Gonzaga plays Duke today. Need to come up with a plan to get kicked out of the kitchen during dinner, so I can watch the second half.

• Like 1

Hmm, what is this ditty you speak of? I have never heard of it. :/

Mangok (forgot the silent "k") hit that big, game winning shot vs. Virginia at the end of the regular season and almost booked the Cardinals' tickets to the state that should not be named. Another fun game. This tournament is the best thing.

You know why I love this board?  

Everywhere else, people are frothing at the mouth at Duke going to the Final 4 yet again.   But here, since it was Wrestlemania weekend, nary a peep.