DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK SIXTEEN

paragon11

It's funny to think that over the last 35 years, the only two good head coaches the Redskins have had during that span are the same guy. I'd take 90 year old Joe Gibbs at this point.

Him and Bob arguing on the sidelines would be funny to me at least.

Agreeing with Phil,  Cowher is apparently far too happy to become the new John Madden and never coach again in his life and just let checks from CBS and Time Warner Cable roll in.

(also note, Cowher's soft-spoken voice is like nails on a chalkboard for me)

Whether the Giants will fire Coughlin and whether they should are two completely different things though. Also, it's going to be very interesting to see if they shop Eli this offseason.  

Grrrr.  As much as I loathe Cowher - and Lord do I loathe Cowher - I would even take him as a Raider HC if that means I don't have to get another fucking Cowher Time Warner commercial.  

Fucking Cowher.  Fucking Time Warner.

• Like 1

After his wife's passing, I think Cowher would rather stay in broadcasting.  It allows him to see his children more often.

His daughters are all grown and probably don't care about seeing Dad too too often. (In fact two of the three are now married to professional athletes)

Now spending time with Queen V is a different story

Yeesh, some kids like their parents even into adulthood! Come on, Rippa!

The Queen V thing is legit, though.  I still get tickled about the appearance Cowher made in one of her videos.

Yeah - that Queen V thing still seems like a weird concept but they seem to be really into each other. And good for Cowher

If something like that happened to me - I don't think I would be able to function... well ever again

The Fritz Pollard Alliance has released it's list of minority candidates to consider of Head Coaching jobs

Ignoring the billion problems with the concept (and with the Rooney Rule)... here are the candidates

Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin

Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles

Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell

Buccaneers defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier

Titans defensive coordinator Ray Horton

Colts offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton

Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson

Packers assistant head coach Winston Moss

Former 49ers coach Mike Singletary.

I think it will be shocking if Todd Bowles isn't a head coach next year.

I don't see how anyone can look at Perry Fewell and Ray Horton and think "Boy - your units are so amazing, I think you should be a head coach" (well in Fewell's case - again)

I liked Hamilton as a candidate for the Vikings' job last year before they went with Zimmer. Think Minnesota interviewed Bowles last year, too. They should both be head coaches in 2015.

The fact that either Frazier or Singletary is on that list, let alone both of them, is incredibly humorous.

The Fritz Pollard Alliance has released it's list of minority candidates to consider of Head Coaching jobs

Ignoring the billion problems with the concept (and with the Rooney Rule)... here are the candidates

I don't see how anyone can look at Perry Fewell and Ray Horton and think "Boy - your units are so amazing, I think you should be a head coach" (well in Fewell's case - again)

I've said it before - if I were the 49ers owner when Singletary was the head coach, he wouldn't have even lasted a full game.  Soon as he dropped his drawers at halftime, he'd have been fired.  He was completely overmatched as a head coach.

It's funny to think that over the last 35 years, the only two good head coaches the Redskins have had during that span are the same guy. I'd take 90 year old Joe Gibbs at this point.

Shows how messed up the Redskins have been that you consider the second coming of Gibbs to be a "good head coach" when he was 30-34 and widely panned at the time as being completely out of touch and lost on the sidelines.

I liked Hamilton as a candidate for the Vikings' job last year before they went with Zimmer. Think Minnesota interviewed Bowles last year, too. They should both be head coaches in 2015.

The fact that either Frazier or Singletary is on that list, let alone both of them, is incredibly humorous.

It really undermines their credibility too. . .

After watching Ray Lewis absolutely freak out on Cutler on Monday, I don't think this is too surprising honestly.

Can't wait to see where he ends up next year. Did he get along with Lovie? I can see reunion on Tampa.

Although lets be honest, Cutler has "Future New York Jet" written all over him.

I am in the camp that Cutler is pretty much finished barring a major turn around in attitude and skills.  But the idea that you would bench him for Jimmy Clausen is just stupid.   I don't care how good he listens to his head coach he has proven that he at best a 3rd stringer in the NFL

In a bizarre world, it would make sense for the Bears to tank. But the Bears organization has not shown an ability to draft well when in a position to draft Top of the Draft talent. So I don't trust them to do well with it. And with so many teams sucking even more than the Bears, tanking is only going to get them 10th at best, as the Bears would be playoff contenders in the NFC South. 

And if there is someone who needs to get pummeled into oblivion, Jimmy Clausen is as good a sacrificial lamb as any. God he's horrible.

On the bright side, Trestman could go back to Montreal and guide the Alouettes to another Grey Cup...

All I want for Christmas is Jay Cutler signing with the Redskins or the Jets.

You know what? I'll so a Kyle Orton/Cutler swap straight up. With the Bills D and tools, he wouldn't be called upon do do as much. All the Bills QB really needs to do is hit Sammy for a 50 yarder once or twice a game. . . . 

You know what? I'll so a Kyle Orton/Cutler swap straight up. With the Bills D and tools, he wouldn't be called upon do do as much. All the Bills QB really needs to do is hit Sammy for a 50 yarder once or twice a game. . . . 

Yeah, if only Cutler had a good rugged defense, two giant wide receivers capable of making the most ridiculous catches ever and a Pro Bowl caliber running back on the Bears...

• Like 1