DVDVR Message Board

the dumbest wrestling card ever

jstout

I beat my head against the monitor this afternoon trying to come up wth something and the only thing I could come up with is:

The Inbred Brothers vs. Bobby Trippe and Ed Gentry in a "Squeal Like a Pig" match.

Wait, there was also:

The Hemophiliac vs. The Free Bleeder in a First Blood match

EDIT: Here's a sub-assignment - a match between the two most indyriffic names in history, like:

Shane "Wicked Payne" Michaels vs. Shayne "The Ladies' Man" Jericho

some older out of shape guy who has worked about a match a month for the past 30 years and once did a job at an NWA house show yet considers himself a seasoned vet and tried to open a wrestling school several times vs. some skinny 19 year old who has been doing backyard matches wearing oversize pants and an ICP shirt for 5 years that tells everyone he knows he's going to be in every upcoming big deathmatch tournament but has never gone beyond posting youtube videos of his work on indy facebook walls

• Like 1

You need a match featuring the most overused gimmicks and generic wrestling names in Indy sleeze.

Chris "Superstar" Michaels vs. Doink The Clown in a Loser Leaves Town match comes to mind.  Naturally it will end in a Double DQ or Double Count-Out.

If you really want to get redneck, have a cage match where the "cage" is made of chicken wire.   No lie, I have seen this in a Carolina backyard fed.  Production values were LOW~! but whaddya expect for five dollar tickets and beer that is a buck fifty per cup?

Most of them were made out of mesh metal welded together.  Sectionals of steel fencing.

Steel-cage.jpg

Cages made of chicken wire were indeed fairly common prior to the 80's, but no so much after.

-Billy Jack Haynes' Hat vs. Jerry Lawler's Crown in a "Winner Gets To Leave A Number Two In Michael Hayes" Match

-Seconding the 20-Doink Invitational Royal Rumble idea, but due to a paperwork error one of the contestants is Roderick Strong.

-an eight-on-eight DVDVR Meme Elimination Deathmatch - one team consisting of Ideas For Movies Starring Mark Henry vs.The other team consisting of Chris Hero's Fat Rolls - Special Referee: Robert Gibson's Lazy Eye

You need a match featuring the most overused gimmicks and generic wrestling names in Indy sleeze.

Chris "Superstar" Michaels vs. Doink The Clown in a Loser Leaves Town match comes to mind.  Naturally it will end in a Double DQ or Double Count-Out.

If you really want to get redneck, have a cage match where the "cage" is made of chicken wire.   No lie, I have seen this in a Carolina backyard fed.  Production values were LOW~! but whaddya expect for five dollar tickets and beer that is a buck fifty per cup?

Metal Maniac vs. Jimmy Snuka in an End of an Era Hell in a Chicken Wire Cell. Unforgiven II will be the theme song.