DVDVR Message Board

Jack the Ripper mystery apparently solved after 120 years

Reed

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-09-07/jack-the-ripper-unmasked-dna-tests-prove-that-he-was-a-polish-hairdresser-called-aaron-kosminski

Long story short: They took DNA from the descendant of one of the chief suspects and it matched with the shawl found on one of the victims.

He was a Polish immigrant hairdresser, which will probably give Daily Mail readers a heart attack.

• Like 3

Seems like all they really proved is that the suspect may have deposited some semen on the shawl.  That is unless there's more to it then what the article mentions.

Well, the dude they are naming as THE Ripper was actually already a suspect so this moves beyond circumstantial evidence into "smoking gun" territory.

Seems like all they really proved is that the suspect may have deposited some semen on the shawl.  That is unless there's more to it then what the article mentions.

Well, the dude they are naming as THE Ripper was actually already a suspect so this moves beyond circumstantial evidence into "smoking gun" territory.

Yeah it would be one hell of a coincidence if a guy considered the chief suspect also just randomly happened to have slept with one of the murder victims.

Most of these unsolved mysteries lose their luster when they're finally solved.

Anastacia was dead all along.

That early American colony that disappeared? They just upped and left to live some with nearby native Americans.

Frederick Valentich was simply a bad flier.

The Taman Shud case has always fascinated me but I'm pretty sure if the truth ever DID come out it would be rather disappointing.

Even if its one of the more fanciful theories, i still prefer the whole Prince Eddy/Dr. Gull premise.

Alan Moore painted such a vivid picture, didn't he?

I had read the Prince Eddy stuff before From Hell was published. But that issue with the carriage ride through London explaining all the Masonic stuff was amazing.

We still have Amelia Earhart.

Didn't they find some possible evidence of her being on some island?

Yeah, they like found bones of a tall Caucasian woman as well as some her equipment and bits of what looked like her plane a couple of years later. Yeah, it's circumstantial, but it's the most likely scenario. If they hadn't been so careless with the evidence back in 40s, it's possible this whole thing would be wrapped up by now too.

• Like 1

Yeah it would be one hell of a coincidence if a guy considered the chief suspect also just randomly happened to have slept with one of the murder victims.

Although considering they were prostitutes, that wasn't exactly a unique achievement. . .

There's Jimmy Hoffa as well, though there are several theories on him.

Although i believe the Mythbusters debunked the Meadowlands theory.

Only way is if he's in the parts of the parking lot that haven't been dug up yet, considering since the renovations to the racetrack, the addition of the Giant's offices and training complex, and building of MetLife and Xanadu there's like no parts of the area that haven't been dug up yet.

There's Jimmy Hoffa as well, though there are several theories on him.

Although i believe the Mythbusters debunked the Meadowlands theory.

Only way is if he's in the parts of the parking lot that haven't been dug up yet, considering since the renovations to the racetrack, the addition of the Giant's offices and training complex, and building of MetLife and Xanadu there's like no parts of the area that haven't been dug up yet.

Cause the myth goes that he was dumped at the 20 yard line of one side of the field. MB used ground penetrating radar to walk along both 20's and a few other places and found nothing

• 1 month later...