DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Miz is a also a victim of WWE miscasting. He's pretty good as a chickenshit heel. But they keep trying to make him out to be a badass and it's laughable.

This. I think everyone was on board until they went 'WWE main event heel blueprint' with him and fucked up his character

A request for someone who knows how to do it.

Please edit Matt Borne's Wiki page so it doesn't link to the wrong Steve Regal

I got WAY too excited yesterday over the fact that there was Borne/Regal footage I had never seen.

Stupid Wiki

I was just watching the WWE network Ultimate Legend thing and a thought struck me... where was Warrior running from? Like, you knew Goldberg was in his room getting psyched and then they'd go and knock for him, but Warrior just appeared from nowhere running to the ring.

I like to think he sprinted from town to town, only making it just in time for his match.

Further to this, I've settled on the fact that he had to sprint through the portal from Parts Unknown and it exited at the curtain.

Looks like today is going to be busy

WWE has come to terms on the release of the following Superstars as of today, June 12, 2014:

Theodore Long
    Camacho
    Brodus Clay
    Evan Bourne
    Yoshi Tatsu

Definitely a mercy killing for Yoshi. Poor guy... he had such a great run in ECW and then the idiots forgot about everything that made his initial push work after the brand contraction.

• Like 1

Maybe my desire to see a newer face on top outweighs all of this "paper champion" talk, but if Seth Rollins ends up as WWE WHC, I'd be perfectly fine with it. I didn't think Rock was ready in '98 or Foley or HHH in '99, but obviously time proved me wrong on those-- I'd love that element of surprise again. Orton and Cena held them too recently, and as great as Kane has been in his Authority role and with the Team Hell No stuff before it, I really have no desire to see him as champ. I'm not a huge Sheamus guy, and I'm still holding out hope that my Cesaro/Sheamus/Barrett "Team Europe" stable will come to fruition., so in my guesstimation, he's out. Plus, I think having a guy on his level as US champ is great for the status of the title amongst the average viewer. Until Bryan can go, I think they should shock the shit out of everyone and go with a Rollins or hell, even Wyatt. Sure, some may say he's not ready, but he just had a long, arduous (to watch..) program with Cena-- if the average fan isn't going to buy Wyatt now, when will they?

What about Brock? Sure, he's a part timer, but he's hot off the 'Taker win, and in my opinion, I think it does a lot to raise the profile and mystique of the title when the champion isn't on TV every week. I was probably in the minority, but I thought it was fantastic when the Rock had it between RR and WM last year for that very reason. Plus, it might do a whole lot of good for the the IC and US titles to have them contested in the TV/PPV main events on a more regular basis, as some were alluding to above with TNA and even UFC.

I don't know if anyone else suggested this, but they could go by the European Union. Of course since it's WWE, they'd eventually abbreviate it to the EU, but it'd still be awesome.

Brodus Clay would do well in Jarrett's new thing, I would think. 

Also, I am now even more convinced that no one in the office knows JTG is still employed...