DVDVR Message Board

E3 2014.

I'm not sure I understand what PlaystationTV is.

if a PSVita was a Roku. You need a separate controller and you don't get any of the touch stuff, but otherwise it's a tiny Vita for TV.

(Getting to this late, because stuff)

I still don't understand why they made this Dual Shock 3 compatible instead of Dual Shock 4. The number of games that can't be played on PSVTV, but could have with the DS4 touchplate, is kind of mind boggling.

Games I want to play that actually come out soon.

Captain Toad: more of that great Lolo/Mole Mania type shit please.

new dragon age: can't suck as much as the last one did.

Far Cry 4: want to shoot the shit.

===-

mario maker needs a thing like super meat world had where you can string levels together to form worlds. 

Recipient deliberately walking into the debutant's finisher to pop the crowd as the announcer goes wild = suitable for a wrestling board's e3 thread.

I wasn't feeling the Pac Man reveal until I saw the game's Pac-Man / Mario / Mega Man / Sonic combination described as 'gaming's Mount Rushmore' and now it's starting to sink in.

• Like 1

And now we get another presentation on Far Cry 4.  This one's different than the "first 5 minutes" Ubisoft showed us during their presser.  This is a gameplay trailer.  The environments are incredible, I'll give 'em that much.  This is a freaking gorgeous game.  How have I never played a Far Cry before?  I've got #2 sitting in my cabinet, unplayed.  Hey, look, co-op!  And a gyrocopter!  And elephants!  Gotta say, this looks like a lot of fun.

And you can have PSN friends that don't own the game - on either PS3 or PS4 - join you in co-op.

Far Cry 3 - get on it Tabe. It's stunning to play. Blown away by the prettiness of the islands.

• Like 1

And next we get a long gameplay trailer for...The Order: 1886.  Hey look, it's Next of Us with Civil War-looking dudes and higher resolution.  Am sure that's a crowd pleasure but not so much for me.

I was really pumped for The Order last year, but it has been delayed so many times, and all of the "hands on" previews have made the project sound like a disaster.

I agree. Originally it seemed like a really interesting steampunk title, but now it's just Resident Evil 1886.

I'm fine with the Order being RE 1886 if it plays well. I'm really into The Evil Within. Sure it looks like it contains many genre tropes but I don't care I like survival horror games.

The new Arkham game looks amazing. I wonder though does Rocksteady just keep making these games? After this I think I'd like to see them try something else.

I'm fine with the Order being RE 1886 if it plays well. I'm really into The Evil Within. Sure it looks like it contains many genre tropes but I don't care I like survival horror games.

The new Arkham game looks amazing. I wonder though does Rocksteady just keep making these games? After this I think I'd like to see them try something else.

Yeah, I don't get the souring on The Order. This is what it looked to be setting up from day one. Anochronistic weaponry and werewolves. It doesn't hurt that it's possibly the best looking console game to they've shown so far, either.

Rainbow 6: Siege looks like it will be a blast online. Really dependent on with whom you play, though, so getting DVDVR crews going on both PS4 and Xbone will be a good idea.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't get the souring on The Order. This is what it looked to be setting up from day one. Anochronistic weaponry and werewolves. It doesn't hurt that it's possibly the best looking console game to they've shown so far, either.

Rainbow 6: Siege looks like it will be a blast online. Really dependent on with whom you play, though, so getting DVDVR crews going on both PS4 and Xbone will be a good idea.

I wish I could remember the hands on review I read a couple of months ago that stated the issues with the game they noticed.

Very little of it had to do with them changing the style of the play or expectations of it being a more true to form shooter vs. an RE style game.

EDIT: I think this was it...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/18/the-order-1886as-mixed-signals