DVDVR Message Board

E3 2014.

Whats the deal with grim fandango? Coming back? I saw a couple tweet about it but no details.

Coming for the PS4, just a remastering.  As to why - nerds can't let things go.

Well there is the whole "allowing a new generation to play it" thing but you can go with the snarky answer too

Well hell, I never played it. So I'm looking forward to it.

Obviously, my last few posts were made as I was watching Sony's presser. Just starting Microsoft's now. First thing: it was startling to hear them mention Sony and Nintendo by name so much instead of saying "our competition" or whatever.

The PlaystationTV appears to be a Hopper/Amazon Firetv-esque system for the PS4

THA HAWPAH!?

From everything I've seen so far, I hope there's a Team Leeroy Jenkins contingent on PS4, because I think that's where I'm leaning.

My decision to not buy Last of Us and GTAV on PS3 in hopes that they would be released on PS4 certainly paid off. Overall I was happy with the conference and No Man's Sky is a concept that may end up the sleeper game of the conference.

I dunno. I've come away from E3 still feeling pretty good about the idea of not buying a console. Bloodborne kind of has my attention, but I haven't gotten any decent progress into Dark Souls 2 yet so I can hold off.

Same here. So far, only a few indy things have made me want to get a PS4. Everything else can be played on PC.

There's so much shit from Nintendo that just makes no sense. Some of it looked cool, but most, if not all of it, is just Nintendo being Nintendo. Acting like the Amiibo shit is something new or groundbreaking is almost insulting because Skylanders has been around forfuckingever, and now there's Disney Infinity.

I could Mario Maker being neat. That new Zelda looked cool. New Zelda is out in 2015 and who knows what that game will end up like.

I haven't watched any of the press conferences completely, just clips here and there, but it seems like Nintendo has just won E3.

Overall E3 seemed to be mostly uneventful this year, though.

I guess the games I'm most expected for are Uncharted 4, Dawn of the Genesis of the Tomb Raider and New Zelda, even though they haven't show much of either one of those games.

Star Fox was a pleasant surprise, since the Wii U is at the moment the only next Gen I have, I'm pretty satisfied with what they showed today.  I'll eventually get a PS4 since I love my PSN Plus but something special will have to come out for it first for me to dive in (either Fallout or Mass Effect probably, two of my favorite IPs).  

Nintendo has some unique games. The new Xenoblade, Bayonetta 2, The Devils Third. Zelda was beautiful and Smash Brothers should move some systems. They obviously didn't show everything either. What's Retro working on? Where is the rumored 2D Metroid game for the 3DS? That wacky Fire Emblem/Shin Megami game...

Then there's Mario Maker. I might now be making levels but I'll be real interested to see what people come up with.