DVDVR Message Board

A little surprised I hadn't seen anyone on the internet make the connection from the formula Coulston/Garrett was writing to the formula from earlier in the season (Episode 4)  that they stole. I instantly remembered seeing it before, don't know what it leads to but I knew they had referenced it before.

Jeffrey Bell was kind enough to point out the Eye Spy reference with the alien language in an IGN interview.

193cghxa24o6ajpg.jpg

Way back when, someone said the letters resemble the Skrull language.  So someone scrawling Kree and Skrull-ese together?  Those two are always embroiled in civil war.

I think what Garrett and Coulson are plotting out is circuitry. Circuitry that maybe they can't figure out, but Stark can, thus leading to a possibly fun cameo next season in the run up to Ultron.

How about that Hulk cameo, huh? Nice touch.

That was the best Whedon-touch they've done thus far.  I was thinking "Oh, come on!  They just left him there without ensuring he was dead???"  But the gag made it totally worth it.

I didn't get the Patton Oswalt reappearance.  I might have missed a line.  Twin?  Clone?

Remember how Patton's first episode said he plays Call of Duty with his brother? That's the brother.

Writer and executive producer Jeffrey Bell said this in the IGN interview.  Seeing as to how he also mentioned the weird drawings being in Eye Spy, I have no reason to doubt his words.

Sometimes the simplest answers are the right ones.

Anyone with more comics knowledge know who Skye's father could be or what the heck Coulson and Garret were writing?

Considering they used the word "evolution" at least 4-5 times in the finale, I got the impression they were hinting at the High Evolutionary. It fits in with stuff we've seen/are about to see in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

High Evolutionary experimented with Kree DNA so that fits in with the blue guy they found. He used his genetic experiments to create monsters so that explains the monsters searching for Baby Skye deal, too. He also discovered Wanda and Pietro as babies - Magneto adopted them, they weren't his bio kids - so that would tie into Silver and Witch appearing in Age of Ultron next summer.

Of course, I may be just projecting since I've been calling Skye is actually Jessica Drew since week one. If all my guesswork turns out true, though, than the "father" we saw would either be Jonathan Drew - her actual dad - or more likely Herbert Wyndham (High Evolutionary's ID), who considers her his daughter because his experiments created her.

I only know Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman from the cartoon and when she's appeared in comics I've read, I really can see Chloe Bennet as her. That's a theory I've come across. The others I've seen are Kree, Abigail Brand and Inhuman. I'm hoping Skye's Spider-Woman. It would be interesting seeing Marvel Studios having a Spider powered character as they don't have the rights to Spider-Man.

It makes no sense personality wise though. Granted, they're willing to make haunted, cold-as-ice, cool russian wit Natasha into a sort of bouncy cheerleader, so who knows. Her personality doesn't mesh with any existing Marvel character, but especially not Jessica Drew, not any take I've seen on her, including Bendis' who sorts of writes everyone not that far from Whedon characters.

I really think she's her own entity even if she has ties to broader MU elements in her origin. 

I'm with Matt D on Skye being her own character. She doesn't make much sense personality wise with what I have of Jessica Drew so far. I forgot who made the ridiculous Abigail Brand guess, but Skye fits her even less.

I know they went their own way with Deathlok, and maybe they can do that too with Jessica Drew, but if that was the case, she'd just be the character in name. Carol Danvers makes even less sense since Carol is marketable in and of herself in a way that Marvel really needs, I think. She's Marvel's Wonder Woman but endlessly more relatable. 

I honestly think She-hulk is Marvel's Wonder Woman.  I could totally see an Ally McBeal as superhero show/movie taking off massively.

That might have been true when Byrne was working on her and when Carol was Binary, but ... alright, let me put it this way.

In 2014:

She-Hulk is what DC Entertainment wishes Wonder Woman was. 

Carol Danvers is what Marvel's ideal Wonder Woman could be. 

Second Guardians of the Galaxy trailer out this Monday!

New poster and images...

YqdkVPu.jpg

H4O34px.jpg

PZcmOCT.jpg

gawhBmN.jpg

UPDATE: Guardians of the Galaxy out in the UK on the 31st of July, one day from the original 1st of August date we once held with the US. Normally we get it a week ahead.

A while ago when I had time on my hands, I went on IMDB to look at the Marvel Studios film release dates in the UK and the USA. Out of the ten Marvel Studios films so far, two came out on the same date (Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk), six in the UK before the USA (Iron Man 2, Thor, Avengers Assemble, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy). Only one came out in the USA before the UK (Captain America: The First Avenger).

Edited by The Natural