DVDVR Message Board

Banning question.

Jerry Hattrick

I'd like to take this moment to say that I'm 97.28768914% sure that I was the only DVDVR member that visited Movie Feast regularly.  I supported you! :)

I went there SEMI-regularly.  I think someone asked me to post there too, but I'm the slowest updater on the planet and can't really be relied upon for consistent content.  

I only wish he had contributed to the Centipede Press movie books. They are all excellent critical studies as they are, but Ash would have elevated them to another level.

People here actually write professional books?  Like, the kind you get paid for?  That's... weird.  Sometimes the publishing industry seems SO closed and inaccessible to anyone wanting to break in, such a "Death Star with better security and no weak points except nepotism" kind of place that it seems like every book is secretly beamed to our planet by aliens, not actually written by any of my fellow humans.  (This is probably me just subconsciously laying the framework for future angry delusions about why I never published anything.)

• Like 1

It is kinda crazy how many super active posters have come and gone over the years.

I've been here since the green board, and probably don't have 500 posts combined.  But I've read the board nearly every day (it's been up) for over 10 years.

This thread is a blast from the past.  Wonderful that Gonzalez could bring us all together.  And yes, getting a recent board archive up so we can re-live Resident Evil's beautiful demise would be nice.

• Like 9

Manos99? We (Manos, Evil Ash, Hollinger, Televiper, IssacDuke, and myself) used to contribute to a cult movie blog called Movie Feast. Then we all got super busy in real life.

I'd like to take this moment to say that I'm 97.28768914% sure that I was the only DVDVR member that visited Movie Feast regularly. I supported you! :)

Nope...

Manos99? We (Manos, Evil Ash, Hollinger, Televiper, IssacDuke, and myself) used to contribute to a cult movie blog called Movie Feast. Then we all got super busy in real life.

I'd like to take this moment to say that I'm 97.28768914% sure that I was the only DVDVR member that visited Movie Feast regularly. I supported you! :)

Nope...

I left room for some smarty-arty like you who would inevitably come around.  Why can't I be the only one, waaah! :D

• Like 1

Who was the suuuuper creepy Joshi fan who eventually got banned?  No idea what his name was but I remember him getting indignant about people calling out the Ice Ribbon stuff as creepy.

GLF is still registered here, I think. Does the guy who posted as Dr. Funkenstien or something like that still post here under a different name, or was he a casualty of defend your existence? I seem to remember him getting the Johnny Cash avatar at some point, but I can't say for sure. He is probably the troll poster I remember most clearly for some reason. 

That Krone-Meltzer video was brilliant.

There was a creeper on the puro-section a while back that would fetish underaged japanese pop bands and follow it up with My Little Pony memes like "Haterz Gonna Hate." I told him to cut it out, because he was treating Japanese people like freaks, which, SHOCKER, is one of my troll weaknesses. I think Schneider came in and dropped the hammer on him.

I miss ResidentEvil/WildPegasus constantly arguing with people, but with every post he'd end or begin it with "I gotta go, I'm really busy."

• Like 2

Oh man what a blast from the past. The day I joined the old green board, JerseyKidd was destroying OSJ in some stupid debate and in many ways nothing has changed.

Yes, you still manage to balance on that fine line between delusional and obtuse, so in many ways you are right, not much has changed.

Was jkpuro the dude who made the bacon strip/latina floppies comment about Ariel, or am I getting confused with someone else? 

Also, I don't think he got banned, but whatever happened to Khanouchi? I'm sort of sad I don't get to read his take on this current Knicks team. 

Was jkpuro the dude who made the bacon strip/latina floppies comment about Ariel, or am I getting confused with someone else? 

Also, I don't think he got banned, but whatever happened to Khanouchi? I'm sort of sad I don't get to read his take on this current Knicks team. 

Now I want to go watch old episodes of Nu ECW with the Artist Formerly Known as Mordecai. Relive the mediocre television that was followed by the subsequent creepiness.