DVDVR Message Board

Banning question.

Jerry Hattrick

Not sure if awesome would be my word to describe it, but it did attract some of the old board's better posters like K. Thor Jensen, Raven Mack (I always looked forward to Friday Love / Hate), and David Smith. 

I miss David Smith's rants on the evils of IGN.

Jon Snowden and I fell out every now and again, but you can't ever say he didn't have a very informed opinion.  AFAIK, he's still stationed at Ft. Rucker.  His name is still in the US Army Global Address Book, so I assume he still works for DoD.  I'm always tempted to send him a friendly e-mail, but I don't for fear that i'll get a "Hey, you're that self-righteous dickhead from DVDVR ain'cha?" reply.

Hey, this means we could email each other at work, instead of taking up board posts. :)

Jonathan Snowden is a Bleacher Report lead writer. He's a former radio DJ and television producer who worked for the White House Communications Agency in Washington, D.C. He currently works for the Department of Defense.

Also

• Favorite Athletes

Nick Diaz, Diego Sanchez, Rumina Sato, Chael Sonnen, Rashad Evans, Frank Shamrock, Carlos Newton, Forrest Griffin, Bubby Brister, Jimmy Spencer, Hines Ward, Dusty Rhodes, Ricky Morton, Daniel Bryan, Antonio Cesaro

Who was the suuuuper creepy Joshi fan who eventually got banned?  No idea what his name was but I remember him getting indignant about people calling out the Ice Ribbon stuff as creepy.

Sounds like a typical joshi fan. Like calling the sky blue or rain wet. 

• Like 1

Haha shit yeah GLF posted here.

I feel like my rise to power and prominence came after DVDVRs prime.

What power? 

FSW is ninth in command in the MMA forum, right behind Nenz. If Nenz gets beheaded or dies because of consumption, he moves one step closer to moderator regent.

Who was the suuuuper creepy Joshi fan who eventually got banned?  No idea what his name was but I remember him getting indignant about people calling out the Ice Ribbon stuff as creepy.

Sounds like a typical joshi fan. Like calling the sky blue or rain wet. 

Yeah no one ever watched fucking Dreamslam to see good wrestling or anything.

JTU was a know-it-all dick who primarily posted in the TFW and Comics folders and liked to hang off of Snowden's jock. He got banned for being a know-it-all dick...He may have been banned by OSJ if memory serves.

He got banned specifically for a massive comics-related flame war he got into with "Paul Roma" (who read like a blatant troll, but posted the exact same opinions elsewhere, and then bragged on the F4WON board about getting banned here and taking someone else down with him; I put the quotes around the alias because he used his real name there).

I joined this board when I was 18 in 2006.  I posted some, but didn't really spend much time here until a few years ago.  Really wish I could have read some of this buffoonery.

I do remember Hollinger's best films of the 90's thing that took for fucking ever to finish.  That was a great source for me to sort of play catch up on a bunch of great films.  Thanks for that, bros.

I've been here since the green board, and probably don't have 500 posts combined.  But I've read the board nearly every day (it's been up) for over 10 years.

I feel you man. I've been here since '99 when it was all CONTENT~! Best/Worst/Underrated/Overrated/etc. posts...I just make the occasional observation where I see fit...

I joined like a week before the thread that shall not be named, and most of these names mentioned gave me the giggles. The trolls we get today are nothing compared to the crowd we got after said thread. Poor Phantom Lord became the target of many MANY jokes on the old board, a lot of it undeserving.

I had a lot of stuff happen in 08-10, and didnt have internet regularly until 2012..so I missed out on a lot of things. Were there any great gimmick posters/meltdowns during that time period?

Oh shit Paul Roma was the worst. I'd say the poster who was the most respected was Naimark or however that was spelled. The MMA section used to have quite a few personalities as well.

One thing I miss is the KrisZ daily results threads. It was nice to know Chris Hamrick was working Kamala in some Alabama Indy.

Whatever happened to BeanFriedPork? Anyone remember him?

This thread has been a great read. I've been here for...God...10 years or so and this is causing the memories to come flooding back.

We've all laughed, cried, and been incredibly creeped out together. I love this place, it really is amazing how many of us have grown up posting here.