DVDVR Message Board

TNA One Night Only: Joker's Wild 2 PPV Spoilers

*Dark Match/Xplosion Match: Gail Kim def. Shanna

TNA One Night Only: Joker's Wild 2. Airing May 2, 2014

*Jeremy Borash & Christy Hemme introduce the show and pull names from the bin to make up the teams.

*The British Invasion (Magnus & Doug Williams) def. Chris Sabin & Gunner

*Samoa Joe & Bad Bones def. Christopher Daniels & Robbie E

*Bully Ray & Rockstar Spud def. Austin Aries & Mr. Anderson. In a comedy spot during the match, Earl Hebner slammed Spud.

*Ethan Carter III & Kazarian def. Eric Young & Curry Man

*The Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) def. Beer Money (James Storm & Bobby Roode)

*Abyss & Samuel Shaw def. Jessie Godderz & Zema Ion

*Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, & ODB def. Alpha Female, Gail Kim, & Lei'D Tapa in an elimination tag with ODB as the survivor.

*Ethan Carter III won the 12 man battle royal of all the winners.

So are we supposed to believe the Wolves got picked to team together in a blind draw?

Let's not revisit the fight from last year's thread about this - since everyone loved to yell that their math was right.

BTW - is the other BroMan hurt? It seems odd that only Robbie E was in it

Yeah, Bad Bones is German wrestler John Klinger, the guy who won TNA's online gutcheck voting tournament thing last year. They used him on one of the Impact tapings too.

Jessie is there too, teamed with Zema

So are we supposed to believe the Wolves got picked to team together in a blind draw?

Let's not revisit the fight from last year's thread about this - since everyone loved to yell that their math was right.

I would like to point out that it's pretty fucking uncanny that you get so many already-been-established tag teams in this thing. One, I'd give them ... maybe two even. But the Wolves, Beer Money, the Prince Justice Brotherhood (EY/Curry Man), and British Invasion ... bullshit.

I would like to point out that it's pretty fucking uncanny that you get so many already-been-established tag teams in this thing. One, I'd give them ... maybe two even. But the Wolves, Beer Money, the Prince Justice Brotherhood (EY/Curry Man), and British Invasion ... bullshit.

Math is not my strong point or I'd break it down in precentages. :)

Just looking at it...I agree. There is a CHANCE obviously, but not THAT HIGH. TNA should have fun with these PPVS and not worry about heel and face, etc. as its all ONE NIGHT ONLY and ultimately doesn't matter. Gunner and Abyss, James Storm and Curryman, Robert Roode and Sam Shaw, etc. The Royal Rumble is always enjoyable because you get to see these different personalities all interact. Joker's Wild COULD have been that for TNA...but I see they don't want to do that.

Incidentally, I thought Williams had been released.  Or are they just using him because they're there?

Never mind, looks like I answered my own question.

Wasn't Doug a trainer at OVW? Edit: guess not anymore, you're right. Released.

• 3 months later...

Watched the Spud/Bully vs. Anderson/Aries match earlier today. If you're in the mood for some great comedy wrestling then you should definitely track this match down. Bully and Spud are absolutely hilarious as a team. Very fun match.

It was a good show.  Taped in England so the crowd was hot for most of it.

Taz and Tenay's commentary was awful though.  I don't even know why they bother recording commentary for these things.  They clearly don't want to be there and they add nothing and even worse take away from the show.

I liked how this took place in England and the prize was a briefcase full of US dollars.  Also, amusing was Christy Hemme at the beginning showing off the money and then setting it down next to the guardrails were one of the fans could've just reached over and taken off with it.  Also, funny how names kept falling through the grating of the barrel when she was drawing names.  And how they had a lot of names left in it at the end.

So disappointed they turned Bully Ray face when he could've joined Team Dixie and been paired up with Spud this whole time.

Liked Abyss and Shaw as a team and wouldn't mind those guys being paired up full-time either.

They gave away Wolves/Beer Money too soon.  This could be a money match down the road.  Well, you know, if this wasn't TNA.  Storm hadn't turned yet so he was way over as a face and Beer Money was way over as a team.  This was a crowd with knowledge and potential passion for TNA.  Davey Richards basically pleading for cheers was just sad.  Wolves were brand new and the crowd didn't seem familiar with them.  More evident when they got Demolition'ed for the gauntlet battle royal.  Could've lived without Roode adhering to the Code Of Honor at the end.  Also, seems like Beer Money has been reunited a few times lately.

Knockouts match on the card for some reason.  Gail Kim and Lei'D Tapa explode again.

I think they charge $15 for these.  Maybe worth it.  Spud kicks Shaw in the dick.  If they cut the Knockouts match this would've been a fine concept for a Spike special free-per-view rather than a PPV though.