DVDVR Message Board

2014 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

Yeah this game has a way of making me play late into the night when I should be sleeping.  It pairs way too well with keeping me awake into the wee hours of the night watching hours of ECW Hardcore TV on WWE network.

It took me way to long to realize you need to level up both cards all the way BEFORE you combine them to max them out.  I kind of ruined my super rare Andre, Hogan & Bray Wyatt cards by combining them right away and now they are half-assed, won't do that again.  Working on my Pro super rare Undertaker & Edge, got a maxed out Pro super rare cena & Paige (from the ladder), got a bad ass ultra rare pro Mysterio from KOTR and just got an epic Lesnar from the People's Champ.... & epic Ziggler.

For those who might care, the PS4 version of Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag is on sale for $15 (used) at Gamefly.com.  if you've never bought from Gamefly before, their used titles are generally in great shape, always come with cases and all manuals, and all online codes are unused.  $15 for this game is a STEAL.

I wish I could get into the Assassin's Creed series, but everytime the story goes to the present I turn off the game and never come back.

That's a legit gripe.  I hate the present-day stuff as well.  I can't even fathom why it's still included.  There can't be more than 5 people on the entire planet that think that stuff adds to the games.

I wish I could get into the Assassin's Creed series, but everytime the story goes to the present I turn off the game and never come back.

That's a legit gripe.  I hate the present-day stuff as well.  I can't even fathom why it's still included.  There can't be more than 5 people on the entire planet that think that stuff adds to the games.

*raises hand*

I liked how similar Assassin's Creed Brotherhood modern day section is to the main game.

Assassin's Creed will never fully recover from the commercials for III trying to sell the colonial American nonsense where you really weren't sure if it was a real Assassin's Creed commercial or a parody.

You do know that the latest game was the fastest-selling and biggest-selling in the series, right?

I cracked and got Divinity: Original Sin last night.  I don't think I've ever paid full price for a Steam game before, but the idea of a spiritual successor to Ultima 7 is too much to pass up.

Holy cow, that game looks amazing.  I mean, wow.  And a full editor comes with it?  Good grief.

I don't ever play PC games anymore but that one would be #1 on my list in a heartbeat if I did.  Wow.

Also my 3-5 day laptop repair will be going into it's 12th day tomorrow and much like OG Loc I'm so tight I'm about to burst. Fuck this bullshit.

So this has become the most ridiculous saga now.

I go in yesterday to pick up my machine after 2 weeks (was told 3-5 days initially as an estimate). Fan's been replaced, great. We ran a benchmark on your system, it's working well. Great. So I turn it on in the store to make sure everything's cool and within literally 2 seconds it's clear everything isn't cool and my fan is still revving like a 14 year old boy that's just discovered tits. So... turns out the temperature sensor on my motherboard is shot. That part I understand, that makes sense. The part that they benchmarked my system (and they did, there's a fan speed program installed on my desktop that wasn't there before) and you never noticed my fan going completely berserk the whole time... what the fuck is that about? How asleep are you not to pick up on that? Literally I walked into the store, they turned it on for me, and within 2 seconds I knew. It just doesn't make *that blender noise* if it's working right.

They're replacing the sensor for free which kept me from going full Joe Peschi in their store, for now. Who fucking knows how long this will take.

Also, this is the weirdest part... I swear, in the brief time I was on it, some of my WIndows settings have been fucked with. And I can't for the life of me figure out why. The windows login screen had the default Win 7 background instead of the one that's part of the ACER theme package It's had for three years. I'm not sure my resolution was right. And it looks like someone fucked with my trackpad settings. Why? What the hell is going on here? Unless it was started in Safe Mode and they just didn't tell me, I have no possible explanation for that.

I just want my machine back in one piece at this point. Fuck this.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Now that's off my chest, I finally got the replacement xbox 360 from my brother.  Well he used the ethernet port to connect to the internet all the time, while I rock the wireless.  The ethernet port must be all rusted or jacked or something, because the 360 will connect briefly to my wireless network / Xbox Live.  It then promptly disconnects because the 360 thinks there is still an ethernet cord plugged in. 

And you can't just tell the 360 to fucking shut off wired connections.  So my 360 acts like it has an invisible wire trying to connect via ethernet port, which prevents any wireless connections. 

Fuck it.

Also, this is the weirdest part... I swear, in the brief time I was on it, some of my WIndows settings have been fucked with. And I can't for the life of me figure out why. The windows login screen had the default Win 7 background instead of the one that's part of the ACER theme package It's had for three years. I'm not sure my resolution was right. And it looks like someone fucked with my trackpad settings. Why? What the hell is going on here? Unless it was started in Safe Mode and they just didn't tell me, I have no possible explanation for that.

My only theory would be that while replacing stuff they also updated all your drivers/ran Windows Update.  Updating drivers can chance some settings, for example if they updated your video card driver or trackpad driver, it may change the settings.  They also could have done an old restore just for shits and giggles but I don't think that would change those settings.  Check and make sure your documents/programs and what not are all there of course to make sure they didn't re-image your laptop as that would of course also change those settings :)

They may have flash updated the bios, which could change some things, but yeah, sounds like they did everything EXCEPT actually fix the problem. So sorry, man.

I'd be a lot more worried about stuff on that side of the incident if I didn't have an external hard drive with all my important fun stuff backed up on it.

For the record, one of the best peace of mind investments I've ever made. Totally worth it. It's doubly important for me because in rural Canada, bandwidth limits are still very real and pretty crazy low. So something like my huge collection of mp3's, or my Steam library, would be impossible to just go grab again without one.

All I'm really worried about is get my hardware stable and working as intended.

Do people in America not have bandwidth limits? I'm on a sweetheart of a deal with the local company where I have half-decent speed and no cap... I can't imagine having to check where I'm at in-between watching Netflix movies and such.