DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA XL - 4/6 & 4/7/2024

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Just Adam Bay Bay said:

Didn’t you see him legit limping after the main event? Unless he got hurt on his one bump during that then he wasn’t selling anything during the Drew match he was hurt. 

Beat to fuck with his knee and back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Just Adam Bay Bay said:

Didn’t you see him legit limping after the main event? Unless he got hurt on his one bump during that then he wasn’t selling anything during the Drew match he was hurt. 

This is a fair point: Seth sucks so bad that if he wasn’t really injured, he probably wouldn’t have bothered selling leg work from night 1 that the announcers were trying to put over for the whole match.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I fucking love wrestling. When it’s good there’s nothing better (except my Cubs winning it all and anything with my kids) and when it’s bad, all you want is for it to be better. Pro wrestling motherfuckers.

Here here, in all its glorious forms.

How blessed are we that we get these big budget Hollywood summer action epics (WWE), prestige television (AEW) and Indy A24 type stuff (indies, puro, lucha) all at the same, widely accessible time like this.

Like I mean shit between Mania, Dynamite and Rampage this week I got to watch Endgame and two episodes of Shogun. Shit rules.

• Like 5

The opener was finisher spam nonsense, but the post-match with Drew/Punk and Priest’s cash-in was great. 

The six man and Styles/Knight were certainly matches that happened. 

U.S. Title 3-Way was really fun, though the hokey random “influencer” in the Prime bottle gimmick has certainly run its course. 

Bayley/Io ruled, MOTN for sure. Very cool to see Bayley get her WM moment. 

Main was better than expected after the fucking slog last night. The absolute nerfing of Seth seemed unnecessary, and can’t help but wish it would’ve been Austin instead of Taker, but overall it definitely delivered. 

Star of the night, John Cena’s bald spot.

Edited by MKERyan
  • Like 1

What a really fun two nights. I missed the Street Profits and the LA Knight matches. But if everything I did see:

1) The end to Drew/Seth was great. I loved Drew trolling Punk. Absolutely did not see the Priest cash-in coming. Well done moment of comeuppance for one of the best heels going right now. It’s also a great way for the Judgment Day (who in a lot of ways have been the heart-and-soul of the show) to regain some face after they lost both straps last night.

2) Man, Bayley/Iyo was special. Was it the best women’s match ever at WrestleMania? It was an incredibly laid out match. Someone said it in the chat — Bayley selling the injury from the start really made it. I fell for it and thought Bayley blew out a knee. Iyo came out of the match looking like the best wrestler in the world but not the champion, and it was because Bayley earned the win and not because of a banana peel. 

3) The triple threat was a lot of fun. I liked the psychology of it at first where KO and Randy were a tag team against Logan, and loved the part where Logan tried to stir the pot and they just shrugged him off. Fun stuff and a really unique take on the triple threat.

4) The main event was fun. I wanted ga ga and they gave us all of the run-ins we could want  — and as the conclusion to what was a really awesome brawl between two of the best there are.

Who saw this ever coming with Cody when he was teaming with Sandow? He had two things in his first run I liked — Dashing Cody and him and Dustin against The Shield. Everything else was lame. But man, that dude bet on himself like no one else in wrestling ever has and he did it. Total respect. He changed wrestling. 

So did Roman. That was a truly historic title reign. Everyone he interacted with came out bigger and better than they were going in. He leveled up how you have to perform as a character and if you can’t put some acting chops with your work now then you don’t belong at the top of the card. As it should be. Wrestling is theater, and I think Roman understands that better than anyone.

• Like 7

This is amazing. This place, more than any other, has shit on Seth so fucking hard for so many years and now people are calling out Seth being made to look like a goof.

Look, Seth is going to be fine. Y’all will go right back to hating the dude and that’s fine too.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Greggulator said:

What a really fun two nights. I missed the Street Profits and the LA Knight matches. But if everything I did see:

1) The end to Drew/Seth was great. I loved Drew trolling Punk. Absolutely did not see the Priest cash-in coming. Well done moment of comeuppance for one of the best heels going right now. It’s also a great way for the Judgment Day (who in a lot of ways have been the heart-and-soul of the show) to regain some face after they lost both straps last night.

2) Man, Bayley/Iyo was special. Was it the best women’s match ever at WrestleMania? It was an incredibly laid out match. Someone said it in the chat — Bayley selling the injury from the start really made it. I fell for it and thought Bayley blew out a knee. Iyo came out of the match looking like the best wrestler in the world but not the champion, and it was because Bayley earned the win and not because of a banana peel. 

3) The triple threat was a lot of fun. I liked the psychology of it at first where KO and Randy were a tag team against Logan, and loved the part where Logan tried to stir the pot and they just shrugged him off. Fun stuff and a really unique take on the triple threat.

4) The main event was fun. I wanted ga ga and they gave us all of the run-ins we could want  — and as the conclusion to what was a really awesome brawl between two of the best there are.

Who saw this ever coming with Cody when he was teaming with Sandow? He had two things in his first run I liked — Dashing Cody and him and Dustin against The Shield. Everything else was lame. But man, that dude bet on himself like no one else in wrestling ever has and he did it. Total respect. He changed wrestling. 

So did Roman. That was a truly historic title reign. Everyone he interacted with came out bigger and better than they were going in. He leveled up how you have to perform as a character and if you can’t put some acting chops with your work now then you don’t belong at the top of the card. As it should be. Wrestling is theater, and I think Roman understands that better than anyone.

Bianca Belair vs. Sasha Banks from WrestleMania XXXVII is still my #1. Rhea Ripley vs. Charlotte Flair from WrestleMania XXXIX and Bayley vs. IYO Sky from WrestleMania XL fighting it out for second and third place.

Seth went to all the trouble of dressing up in his Shield gear just to get punched in the face.  What a geek.  Minutes into Cody's celebration Sami was helping him to his feet 😄

I was half paying attention but I caught Cody with the Bucks in the video package.  Is that the first time they've done that?  I didn't catch Omega, was it in the same package?

I thought Punk attacking Drew leading to Priest's cash in was perfectly done.  I'm not a regular viewer but I genuinely didn't see it coming.  Punk was great just sitting there with a cheshire cat shit eating grin.  Great performance all-around by Drew.  Match was a little disappointing.

I didn't think the show was particularly good or bad wrestling wise, just kind of there.  Snoop was fun on commentary but that match was nothing and they didn't even get creative with the weapons.  I had higher expectations for AJ and Knight but it was ok.  Triple Threat was pretty good.  Never heard of Ice Show Speed before, damn kids.  Meant to mention it after night 1 but the Prime logo is inoffensive, I was expecting worse.

I paid closer attention to the in-match production and I still don't see a difference from Dunn.  Camera cuts galore!!!  I know they went through phases in WWE where they'd do more/less, and I haven't been watching much or at all since 2019, but if I didn't know Dunn was gone I wouldn't have guessed it

I was happy for Bayley and Cody.  I couldn't believe it was Bayley's first WM singles match.  Having all the babyfaces who'd had run ins with the Bloodline celebrate with Cody was a nice touch.  And that asshole heel CM Punk.  I was also expecting Austin to counter Rock and was pretty disappointed it was that shitbird Mark Taker

Now back to my regularly scheduled posting!

14 minutes ago, Octopus said:

I was just asking because I was wondering if he mentored Cody or something cool. 

wasn’t being sarcastic and I feel a little disrespected here

I’ll say this, my comment wasn’t directed at you. However, while the connection was pretty obvious to people who remember all of this shit, I’ll cut people a break if they don’t reminder everything or if they just got into this shit recently.

And if you did get into recently then it makes me salty because you didn’t sit through attempt after attempt to coronate Roman in the dumbest fucking ways.

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

This is amazing. This place, more than any other, has shit on Seth so fucking hard for so many years and now people are calling out Seth being made to look like a goof.

Look, Seth is going to be fine. Y’all will go right back to hating the dude and that’s fine too.

I haven’t stopped hating him…

1 minute ago, ExcellenceofAirPollution said:

Seth went to all the trouble of dressing up in his Shield gear just to get punched in the face

at least he got punched while wearing a comfortable padded outfit

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, ExcellenceofAirPollution said:

Seth went to all the trouble of dressing up in his Shield gear just to get punched in the face.  What a geek.  Minutes into Cody's celebration Sami was helping him to his feet 😄

I was half paying attention but I caught Cody with the Bucks in the video package.  Is that the first time they've done that?  I didn't catch Omega, was it in the same package?

I thought Punk attacking Drew leading to Priest's cash in was perfectly done.  I'm not a regular viewer but I genuinely didn't see it coming.  Punk was great just sitting there with a cheshire cat shit eating grin.  Great performance all-around by Drew.  Match was a little disappointing.

I didn't think the show was particularly good or bad wrestling wise, just kind of there.  Snoop was fun on commentary but that match was nothing and they didn't even get creative with the weapons.  I had higher expectations for AJ and Knight but it was ok.  Triple Threat was pretty good.  Never heard of Ice Show Speed before, damn kids.  Meant to mention it after night 1 but the Prime logo is inoffensive, I was expecting worse.

I paid closer attention to the in-match production and I still don't see a difference from Dunn.  Camera cuts galore!!!  I know they went through phases in WWE where they'd do more/less, and I haven't been watching much or at all since 2019, but if I didn't know Dunn was gone I wouldn't have guessed it

I was happy for Bayley and Cody.  I couldn't believe it was Bayley's first WM singles match.  Having all the babyfaces who'd had run ins with the Bloodline celebrate with Cody was a nice touch.  And that asshole heel CM Punk.  I was also expecting Austin to counter Rock and was pretty disappointed it was that shitbird Mark Taker

Now back to my regularly scheduled posting!

I think it's the first time. Kenny Omega was also in the video package.

• Thanks 1

Just now, EVA said:

Even better: Not only did Seth get chumped, but people were more disappointed that Moxley didn’t show up.

also disappointed that the ultimate Shield member didn't show up

Kurt Angle!

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I’ll say this, my comment wasn’t directed at you. However, while the connection was pretty obvious to people who remember all of this shit, I’ll cut people a break if they don’t reminder everything or if they just got into this shit recently.

And if you did get into recently then it makes me salty because you didn’t sit through attempt after attempt to coronate Roman in the dumbest fucking ways.

I knew Cody tagged with Jey and had a public admiration for Cena. Forgot the Taker match and was wondering if outside of being Attitude Era rivals with the Rock if there was a Cody connection. Now I remember his sorry about their Royal Rumble interaction which Cody has a story about you can watch on YouTube.

5 minutes ago, EVA said:

I am currently hating him!

I never hated Seth, but this gimmick is the worst. For some reason though people love it and I don’t understand why. It’s so cringe.

It is weird that Seth is one of HHH’s boys and for a solid month Seth has looked like a geek, been buried by the Rock verbally, looked like the red headed step child in that tag match, and then got punked out tonight.

1 minute ago, Octopus said:

I knew Cody tagged with Jey and had a public admiration for Cena. Forgot the Taker match and was wondering if outside of being Attitude Era rivals with the Rock if there was a Cody connection. Now I remember his sorry about their Royal Rumble interaction which Cody has a story about you can watch on YouTube.

Cena was out there more because Solo beat him and “ended his career” and Roman has beaten Cena twice.