DVDVR Message Board

2024 SPRING TRAINING

RIPPA

Sports card collectors looking at the issue with Fanatics and jerseys just kind of snickering like "Been there done that.  Soon to be very worse" 

After listening to Anthony Rendon comments where he basically told the media that he is in only for the money,  I have to wonder if Mike Trout is either too nice for own good or just a moron who doesn't understand what his legacy will be

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Sports card collectors looking at the issue with Fanatics and jerseys just kind of snickering like "Been there done that.  Soon to be very worse"

I mean.... 

We're about to find out what religion a lot of these guys are.

• Haha 1

Add Jerry Reinsdorf to the list of owners that want public money for (another) new stadium. He wants the state of Illinois to pony up at least $1 billion to build a new stadium for the White Sox or else they might move to Nashville. 

22 hours ago, Log said:

And here we thought George Castanza making the Yankees wear cotton uniforms was bad.

There is no problem with the uniforms whatsoever.  I don't know what you're talking about.

GG4VJtjXUAAYoKv?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 2

Adding to the transparent pants issue is also this:

Apparently, many teams aren't able to get pants. At all. Teams are literally breaking out piles of pants from last year and tossing them onto a table in the locker room for guys to wear. 

There's also the issue that Fanatics isn't allowing the same customizations of the pants that Nike/Majestic previously allowed. They can still be tweaked but not nearly as much as before. 

I haven't dealt with any Fanatics related trading cards since they've taken over the industry, but I do get a chuckle out of these clothing issues.

Somehow I was under the impression they got their start in that industry, but after looking into their history there's a lot of venture capital money involved.

To me, at least, that explains most of the issues.

• Like 1

Love this deal for both sides. 3 year deal, $30/$30/$20 with opt-outs after each year. Bellinger gets to prove last year wasn't a fluke and can take a shot at getting a longer deal after one of the upcoming seasons, the Cubs get flexibility and also make sure their hot prospects (PCA, Busch) aren't perma-blocked.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/39596106/cody-bellinger-cubs-agree-3-year-80-million-deal

The Yanks and Tigers played the most Spring Training game ever

Final was 22-10 where both teams tormented everyone by scoring 12 runs in the 9th inning (It was 14-6 going into the inning)

The teams combined to use 18 pitchers... in their first spring training game

The Yanks Spencer Jones entered as a PH in the 5th and ended up going 3-3 with a walk, 1 HR and 4 RBIs

Ooof... apparently Tim Wakefield's wife, Stacy, passed today after her own battle with cancer

(As a reminder - Tim passed away in October of Brain Cancer)

• Sad 5

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Ooof... apparently Tim Wakefield's wife, Stacy, passed today after her own battle with cancer

(As a reminder - Tim passed away in October of Brain Cancer)

I’ve seen a lot of folks pointing to where they live and there being more unusual instances of cancer there than in other places. Just awful. All I can think of is their kids and hopefully their kids wind up getting regular screenings for cancer and other disorders yearly. 

Also, I guess the other part of Curt Schilling being a dumb fuck leaking Tim’s cancer news was that at the time Tim’s wife was going through a very rough time battling pancreatic cancer.

Just heard a promo read for a Legends of Baseball cruise. For anybody wanting to go on a cruise with Mickey Rivers, Ron Blomberg, Charlie Hayes, Homer Bush, Jesse Barfield and Jeff Nelson (the pitcher, presumably).

also Blue Jays radio has Pizza Nova promos from Dominic Primucci which threw me off at first because I heard “Dominic DeNucci” and I knew that DeNucci is dead and that I wasn’t listening to a Pirates game.

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 1