DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 2/5 - 2/11/2024 - Hey Hey, My My, Rocky Pushed Cody Aside

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

Watched all of this while a bit sick so I could be off on some of it save the first match.

Axiom/Frazer vs. Blade/Enofe was fucking awesome. Everyone just went for broke and looked amazing.

Dug Hayes's promo. The content was predictable, but he stated it all pretty well and was so easy to hate for it.

Matches and segments were both solid-good. Axiom/Frazer vs. Blade/Enofe tag is must see and elevates an already pretty solid episode into a good one.

I don't watch a ton of NXT. But man, that tag match was out-of-this world. On top of all the crazy spots, there were so many well-time false finishes and cut-offs and etc. I hope everyone watches this match. Absolute MOTYC type of match. Also, The WolfDogs on commentary were awesome -- they put everything over while acting like major jerks, and then laid everyone out.

I wanted to watch to see the Hayes/Trick aftermath. Hayes was so awesome. I loved the presentation -- totally aped from the legendary Eddie heel turn promo where he screams at Rey's mask. No need to reinvent the wheel with motivations. Just let Melo give his reasoning in a way that reeks of him being a total dickhead. So hatable. The crowd is going to go nuts when Trick finally comes back. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Greggulator said:

I don't watch a ton of NXT. But man, that tag match was out-of-this world. On top of all the crazy spots, there were so many well-time false finishes and cut-offs and etc. I hope everyone watches this match. Absolute MOTYC type of match. Also, The WolfDogs on commentary were awesome -- they put everything over while acting like major jerks, and then laid everyone out.

I wanted to watch to see the Hayes/Trick aftermath. Hayes was so awesome. I loved the presentation -- totally aped from the legendary Eddie heel turn promo where he screams at Rey's mask. No need to reinvent the wheel with motivations. Just let Melo give his reasoning in a way that reeks of him being a total dickhead. So hatable. The crowd is going to go nuts when Trick finally comes back. 

I'm unable to tag so quoted you for this:

https://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/10821-february-2024-wrestling-talk/page/7/#comment-1352763

Didn't want you missing out knowing how much you love The Wyatt Family vs. The Shield from Elimination Chamber 2014 which turned ten.

2 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

let me repeat the joke about them turning Roman face because that's the one thing they really haven't done over his title reign

I know it's not really a "Philly Crowd" (rather a Wrestlemania crowd in Philadelphia), but I'd guess Roman would be the de facto face, just based on crowd reactions alone. 

But yeah, adding Cody back in is basically the only way to save this.  Short of Rock ending Roman's reign and having Priest instantly cash in on him.  

Some champ trying to be a face purely to avoid having to wrestle another face would be an amusingly meta way to do book things.

But yeah, Roman going into the stretch run of the "I'm having a 4 year long title reign" as a face so he can face different opponents and not face Cody would be one way to do it. Not a good way, necessarily, but probably better than doing the historic thing with an out and out heel.

I forget if I typed the idea on here a year ago about Cody winning the title, going heel, and inheriting Heyman. But yeah, if Roman goes face, that would probably roadblock the Cody thing for a moment or two.

The way to save it is to do an injury angle, have the Bloodline take out the Rock tonight and slot Cody back in. They won't, but that's the most straightforward way.

1 hour ago, Steventon said:

Have they done any follow up to Jade Cargils debut at the Rumble? Feels pointless to have given her that moment then cycle her back into development for another 3-6 months

Jade's about to be in a Super Bowl commercial with Aubrey Plaza

as for the press conference... guess WWE TV has found a way to do chaos booking without having Vince tearing up scripts 5 minutes before showtime

In other words.

Spoiler

Cody picks Roman Reigns, despite not picking Roman Reigns last week, and then the Rock slaps Cody Rhodes

Sure seems like the next evolution of this Bloodline stuff is to run with the idea of a two man power trip.

Also I’m absolutely lol’ing at Punk on that panel, talking about fighting bosses and taking out eyes and biting. 🤣

EDIT: For anyone that didn’t keep watching, Rock interrupted Triple H’s interview backstage and told him to fix this or “he’s fucking fired”. Yeah they’re doing a two man power trip.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Steventon said:

Have they done any follow up to Jade Cargils debut at the Rumble? Feels pointless to have given her that moment then cycle her back into development for another 3-6 months

She appeared on a Smackdown segment with Aldis and Peace, continuing to basically hype up which brand she signs with. Probably the question is whether she ends up in the Elimination Chamber match or not.

Advice to the Wrestlemania booking council: don't do the exact same finish when you put Reigns over Cody this year, have something else sink Cody this time.

edit: so, Cody/Seth vs Rock/Reigns on night 1 so that Cody can get a tag team pinfall on Roman before losing to him on night 2. Presumably with the butterfly effect of Seth being able to blame his night 2 loss on working that night 1 match.. would they really use the Rock's return on Aussiemania?

Edited by Cobra Commander