DVDVR Message Board

R-EVOLUTION V - 3/3/2024

AEW's had previous with time management issues but this was the worst going off air on PPV as Sting's cutting his promo. I'd rather had matches shortened instead. It'll be on YouTube but still.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

There is no longer any debate about Darby's dumbest bump.

Everything in the show was pretty good, but nothing was really great.

e: I take that back Kingston/Danielson and Excalibur calling  Scotty Riggs and Paul Walter Hauser 'dignitaries' were both great.

Edited by Zimbra

Much to speak of tonight, but first we must acknowledge that a not-insignificant number of people in the audience in Greensboro apparently thought Will Ospreay is Australian and/or Ospreay and Kyle Fletcher are the same person (hopefully the post-match clarified the latter).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, EVA said:

we must acknowledge that a not-insignificant number of people in the audience in Greensboro apparently thought Will Ospreay is Australian

you telling me his name isn't Will AUS-pray?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EVA said:

Much to speak of tonight, but first we must acknowledge that a not-insignificant number of people in the audience in Greensboro apparently thought Will Ospreay is Australian and/or Ospreay and Kyle Fletcher are the same person (hopefully the post-match clarified the latter).

I got a kick out of the Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi chant. England; Australia, I guess it's all the same in North Carolina. 

I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Seldom do I feel letdown by an AEW ppv. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

I had a lot of fun with this show. Too excited to give we’ll thought out write ups.

Kingston vs Danielson had me wiggling throughout. I loved Eddie’s arm getting worked over. My MOTN but likely has been emotionally beaten by the Main.

Cinnabon vs Bruv was maximalist excellence. I got worried for Ospreay with the weird corner bump, but he seemed alright.

Evil Cowboy. I like it. ALL HAIL CHAMPION JOE.

Main Event was beautiful and brutal. I loved his sons being there. The Young Bucks were perfect. Such pieces of shit and willing to bump and play sleaze-bags. Sting was perfect and Daby is too crazy. Such a great send off.

LOL at the cut off point. I don’t blame AEW for that. PPV company gonna PPV company. We’ll get it on Dynamite or YouTube. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

Mirror match on AEW Dynamite this week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

you telling me his name isn't Will AUS-pray?

although there was a time I thought Juice Robinson was Australian or a New Zealander due to his relationship with Toni Storm

I'd say the best match was Bryan Danielson vs. Eddie Kingston but for emotions, Sting/Darby Allin vs. The Young Bucks was if that contradiction makes sense.

Edited by The Natural

12 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

So am I just high on emotion, or was that the best Young Bucks match ever?

I understand the Bucks and Pentagon are pretty well hated around these parts, but the cage match at All Out 2021 remains the best Young Bucks match for my money.

I really thought for a second there that this was going to be a big ol’ squash match and Sting would do the whole Mutoh thing where an unannounced singles match is in fact his retirement match.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

So am I just high on emotion, or was that the best Young Bucks match ever?

They’ve done such a good job of making everyone want to see them get the shit kicked out of them. And ironically, Sting and Darby took almost all the huge bumps in this match.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

I'd say the best match was Bryan Danielson vs. Eddie Kingston but for emotions, Sting/Darby Allin vs. The Young Bucks was if that contradiction makes sense.

For pure wrestling, I'm leaning towards Ospreay/Takeshita, but nothing was going to top Sting/Darby vs. Young Bucks for pure emotion. 

• Like 1

I said it on Discord...I don’t give AF sometimes I just want to see big, athletic, creative dudes doing MOVEZ~! and Ospreay-Lard Lad was that x1000. I hope Will is okay it I suspect he’s passing blood and might have a lacerated kidney after that nasty corner botch. But they were beating the absolute shit out of each other with knees and forearms up to that point.

• Like 8

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

For pure wrestling, I'm leaning towards Ospreay/Takeshita, but nothing was going to top Sting/Darby vs. Young Bucks for pure emotion. 

I liked Ospreay/Takeshita more than I expected considering Ospreay's overrated. Think I'm in the minority thinking that about Bruv.

• Like 1

Thank you, Sting.  I grew up a little Stinger like a lot of you here.  I think him and Warrior were probably my two favorite wrestlers when I was like 4-years old or whatever and had started watching.  I liked tough dudes in face paint.  

That match was a great send off.  What a spectacle. I didn't think Sting and Darby would go over either but I am glad they did.  What a night.  

Takeshita vs. Ospreay was a MOTYC for sure! Incredible stuff.   The World Title match was really good too.  Very good show. 

For the love of everything though PLEASE get the fuck off the B/R app.  It took me about 30 minutes to get the fucking thing to work tonight.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Natural said:

AEW's had previous with time management issues but this was the worst going off air on PPV as Sting's cutting his promo. I'd rather had matches shortened instead. It'll be on YouTube but still.

This is a Twitter take. Darby was telling him to go home for like three or four minutes.

• Like 1

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

For the love of everything though PLEASE get the fuck off the B/R app.  It took me about 30 minutes to get the fucking thing to work tonight.  

The bad part is, if you don’t follow people on Twitter or perpetually online, you’d never know about the problems with BR tonight and that they opened up US buys on Triller or whatever it’s called now for $30.

Also I don’t know if anyone is watching the scrum, but they’re going the route WWE takes. TK is out at the end, Renee is the “host” to pick out the media and introduce the wrestlers.