DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023/24 - WEEK SEVENTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

2 enormous mistakes by the Bengals that will go overlooked IMO. The punter kicked an alltime great punt. They had time to jog down there and cover. So when he finally caught it the first guy there went for the missile shot instead of tackling and wrapping. The returner barely even had to sidestep to only get touched by 1 arm and he took off across the field where nobody was because the punt was so good the coverage team didn’t think they had to stay home.

Edited by BloodyChamp

6 minutes ago, hammerva said:

The bullshit is real in Pittsburgh.  Now the question is whether the Ravens will start their top guys in a meaningless game

Maybe they start them, but I'll be shocked if Jackson makes it into the second half. Maybe not even the second quarter.

13 minutes ago, hammerva said:

The bullshit is real in Pittsburgh.  Now the question is whether the Ravens will start their top guys in a meaningless game

I believe they will at least start them, as historically NFL teams don't like to give their players two straight weeks off and they already have a bye after that. Maybe they tell Jackson to chill on the runs or pull him at halftime but I don't think it'll be a purely scrub affair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

What's the reason for pointing the finger at Detroit here? The Lions did not do anything wrong. The ref screwed up. It really is that simple. 

My issue is the fact that after the whole thing got blown up, DC was still dead set on going for two. Even without the offsides call on Dallas, there was still no way that was going to work out for them.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I think the Panthers owners might be angling for a match with TK. Based on his behavior today. 

The team ought to be docked a draft pick and he should get a 7 figure fine. Likely if there is any penalty at all it'll be in the 10-25k range, IF.

18 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

some heel desperately angling for more screentime in AEW just pitched the idea of throwing a drink at Tony out of anger over some decision

by some heel, I mean "Jericho"

He is no stranger to those kind of angles. 

24 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

The team ought to be docked a draft pick and he should get a 7 figure fine. Likely if there is any penalty at all it'll be in the 10-25k range, IF.

Are owners allowed to ban other owners from attending games at their stadium? That's how I'd penalize him, ban him from all away games for five years or something. That'll annoy him more than a fine.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Are owners allowed to ban other owners from attending games at their stadium? That's how I'd penalize him, ban him from all away games for five years or something. That'll annoy him more than a fine.

That would be spectacular. . . .

1 hour ago, Mike Campbell said:

My issue is the fact that after the whole thing got blown up, DC was still dead set on going for two. Even without the offsides call on Dallas, there was still no way that was going to work out for them.

That's legit criticism. Still had a good call for the last attempt, just a poor throw. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Raziel said:

Fraudadelphia fucking sucks.  Last year was an anomaly.  At least a lesson in how important good Coordinators are.

It's the one real consistent flaw of the team culture under Lurie/Roseman: great seasons make them overconfident. They get on their "Gold Standard" bullshit and expect to just be great again the following year without putting in the work.

On one hand, the packer returner did signal fair catch so I get why Green Bay is pissed.

On the other hand, the Viking gunner was already into his tackling motion before the fair catch and literally could not possibly have avoided hitting him, and seemed to try to minimize it, so it would've been utter bullshit to give Green Bay fifteen yards there.

Edited by Brian Fowler

I feel like benching Mullens for Hall should be a fireable offense. Hall is clearly not good and they watch his practices, they should have known that. Change just for the sake of change isn't a good reason to make a change, Mullens isn't great either but he looked like Brady compared to Hall. Hall had a QBR of 1.1 in the first half which I didn't think was possible.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hammerva said:

I went to the Steelers/Pats game and by the end I was convinced the Pittsburgh wasn't a playoff team. 

But...

How many teams go through a skid during the season? San Fran lost 3 in a row. The Steelers were 7-4 with Kenny Pickett. And 2-0 with Mason Rudolph. And lost 3 winnable games because Trubisky was the wrong choice. They should've benched him after the Pats game. 

They've beaten some good teams. They've beaten some teams that have beaten good teams. And they're clicking at the most important time of the year. If they make the playoffs, they won't be an easy out.

Reality is that they are fighting for a chance to have the exact same thing that happened to them last year.  Except maybe we can watch parts of the 2nd half unlike the Chiefs game.  I believe the only scenario the Steelers have for the playoff is beat the Ravens and the Titans beating the Jags.   Have to make Colts vs Texans a division title game

Surprised that they decided to put the important games on a Saturday.  Usually those games are completely meaningless and they put the good games all at 1 or all at 4

Here’s the Steelers playoff scenarios. 

If the Miami Dolphins (11-5) defeat the Buffalo Bills (10-6), or the Tennessee Titans (5-11) defeat the Jacksonville Jaguars (9-7) or they tie, combined with a Steelers win, the black and gold would earn a playoff berth.

The Steelers could also earn a playoff spot if they win, the Bills win and the Jaguars win, but the Houston Texans-Indianapolis Colts game ends in a tie. The Texans and Colts are both 9-7.

Here is the full breakdown of the scenarios:

1. Steelers win and Indianapolis-Houston tie or

2. Steelers win and Buffalo loss or

3. Steelers win and Jacksonville loss/tie or

4. Steelers tie and Indianapolis and Houston do not tie and Jacksonville loss or

5. (Even with a Steelers loss) Indianapolis and Houston do not tie, Jacksonville loss and Denver win.

• Thanks 2

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic