DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023/24 - WEEK SEVENTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

I’m the hugest fan of teams winning ugly when they deserve it for refusing to quit. That means the Bills, Lions, 90s Packers before they hit their peak. That doesn’t mean the Chiefs or recent Packers teams. I counted the Eagles with the Bills and co but hearing about today now, I just don’t know. They’ve let it happen 1 to many times and they just don’t look good. 

So anyway all this mediocre football talk is trash. It’s not mediocre football. It’s teams be each other who aren’t going to just let the other team win as easy as everybody thinks.

Also I hope Josh Allen didn’t just get hurt holy s*^%.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Best Case Scenario!

Almost win!

Draft a QB!

and that 2nd Down run lost just enough yards to be plausibly blamed as the difference on Crosby's FG going in or not.  Fine slice of red meat for the NY Sports Talk Circuit.  Everybody wins!

Edited by BobbyWhioux

who's lazier, NFL schedulers who keep putting Chiefs/Bengals in December/January or NFL referee assigners who have put John Hussey in this game twice in back to back years (and initially put Hussey in for a Chiefs/Bengals game 2 years ago before switching him out at the last minute)

Playoff stuff that has been determined

Both #1 Seeds - San Fran and Baltimore

Browns are definitely the #5 seed (meaning they will play the winner of the AFC South)

The NFC East "loser" (ie: whoever doesn't finish first) will definitely be the #5 seed (they will play the winner of the NFC South)

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Maybe I'm crazy, but if I'm Chicago I really think I use the #1 pick on Marvin Harrison Jr and let Fields cook with Moore and MHJ on the outside.

The last couple of weeks of seeing VJJ, Tonyan, and now Scott dropping perfectly placed balls that should be touchdowns, only make me think that's what Poles is going to do. When they were still strugging and looking at two top five picks, I'd have guessed trade the first for another haul and then use the second for Harrison. But there's no way that happens now.

5 hours ago, Mister TV said:

Did they tell the ref before the game they were potentially going to run a tackle eligible or that they planned on sending the three tackles over to the ref when reporting before the tackle eligible? The Lions increased the chance of human error when they tried to be cute with how they had 68 report, had he been the only one to go over to the ref the goof doesn’t happen. 

They sent two over. The third guy was never close to the ref. Abs is the third guy that Allen said declared. And there's video showing that Brad Allen acknowledged Decker had reported. I mean, it would be sort of understandable if he'd announced as eligible the guys standing next to Taylor Decker. He didn't. He announced the guy that was never close to him. 

What's the reason for pointing the finger at Detroit here? The Lions did not do anything wrong. The ref screwed up. It really is that simple. 

9 minutes ago, Tabe said:

What's the reason for pointing the finger at Detroit here? The Lions did not do anything wrong. The ref screwed up. It really is that simple. 

And the fact that they shouldn’t have tried to be cute is just such a weak try and making it the Lion’s fault, even with hindsight vision. The ref either shouldn’t have screwed up or shouldn’t have been calling a rigged game because that’s what I’d call it before I blamed the Lions for anything.

• Like 1