DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 12/11 - 12/17/2023 - Fairytale of New Punk

Dolfan in NYC

16 hours ago, hammerva said:

Putting Lexis King in a tournament where the vast majority of them just started months ago seems stupid but I guess we aren't really supposed to know that Pillman has been working for about 3 or 4 years already.

I think a mid-level heel getting himself entered into a beginners tourney to get an easy win kinda works FWIW.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, username said:

I think a mid-level heel getting himself entered into a beginners tourney to get an easy win kinda works FWIW.

yeah a certain amount of online reactions to BPJ's Lexis King work is a bit like "hey, you know he's trying to be a heel, right?".. like we haven't seen enough of this and we think that the heels are just the people we don't cheer as loudly 

like the reactions to his intentionally shitty facial hair

but yeah, in theory, we're not supposed to cheer the people who don't fight fair

Edited by Cobra Commander

Spoiler

So at the NXT tapings for either next week or end of year, Ilja Dragunov was stretchered off with a neck injury because of Ridge Holland attack.   Apparently this is an angle.  Although given in the last year alone we have BIg E with a broken neck who may never wrestle again and one of Pretty Deadly suffered a serious shoulder injury because of him, at best it is extremely tasteless and worst not a work.  

8 hours ago, hammerva said:
  Hide contents

So at the NXT tapings for either next week or end of year, Ilja Dragunov was stretchered off with a neck injury because of Ridge Holland attack.   Apparently this is an angle.  Although given in the last year alone we have BIg E with a broken neck who may never wrestle again and one of Pretty Deadly suffered a serious shoulder injury because of him, at best it is extremely tasteless and worst not a work.  

Spoiler

I think it honestly just a shitty thing to do to Ridge given the bad luck he has had with injuries the past 2 years. Just puts him in a bad position where people will hate on him legitimately. 

On 12/14/2023 at 11:07 AM, hammerva said:
  Hide contents

On 12/14/2023 at 7:23 PM, Eivion said:
  Hide contents

I think it honestly just a shitty thing to do to Ridge given the bad luck he has had with injuries the past 2 years. Just puts him in a bad position where people will hate on him legitimately. 

Spoiler

Man, that's in poor taste.

Here's how I know I'm getting back into WWE, I'm justifying things I don't enjoy like, "It makes sense it's so commercialized, all sports are commercialized to death. The Blue Jays have branding on every available surface". Dumb ass Stockholm Syndrome. What can I say, a good Mania season still gets me and it will be the first one without Vince so who knows what could happen. It occurred to me today that this Mania could end with Punk and Cody getting their big moments so Thanks, Tony (I mean that both sincerely because he offered a place for those two to raise their profile and derisively because he dropped the ball with them)

I enjoyed the opening segment. Roman handled the Whats really well, the crowd barely got 3 out before he took back over. Do wrestlers cut promos during the breaks? What was Randy doing for 5 minutes?

Hayes/Waller was a good debut for Melo, I don't think he'll go all the way on this one but I expect we'll see him in the Rumble too. Grayson hit a second rope variation of the Overdrive and it was the only time the move has ever looked plausible. The US tournament is a little interesting, Escobar and Lashley should be weird good

Orton/Knight for Mania! Book it!

Owens/Theory was okay. I'm not into Theory at all and the A-Town Down stinks so Owens getting a good old fashioned cast assisted victory works for me. Owen Hart would be proud. I'm glad they're acknowledging that you can't superplex Owens, maybe they'll phase that spot out now (nope). This is the match I noticed WWE doesn't consider the apron as outside of the ring, has that always been the case?

Then Owens was congratulated by Trevor Lee in full gear on his way to a match that never happened

I'm happy to see Kairi Sane back, the name Kabuki Warriors still feels wrong for some reason but I'm into the team returning too. Their promo video earlier was pretty funny too, the end was just a bunch of close ups of them laughing maniacally

The New Hurt Business rules

Haha, Orton wasn't taking that ass to the face, no way no how. With Styles back this might be the deepest the roster has been in a long time

• Like 4

Opening segment was solid-good though too long. Still its fun seeing how Roman handles the audience. 

Hayes/Waller was a good showcase for both guys. Its nice to see Hayes get a victory in. 

Owens/Theory was good though also felt like something we had mostly seen before with how long the feud has been going on. Its sad since this was probably the best of their matches, but I'm ready for both to move on. I did like Owens winning via the cast. It felt like something Theory brought on himself wit how he attacked it earlier. 

Really dug the Damage Ctrl. promo vid. Kabuki Warriors vs. Zelina/Mia was solid. That promo vid, the victory here, and the victory over Charlotte feel like a nice comeback to power for the group after the War Games loss. Hopefully HHH is smart and lets them win the 8-women tag next week as well. DC has always had good potential as a group, but HHH never did give them enough success to stay credible in the past.

The Escobar and Lashley/Profits promos were nice. 

Orton/Jimmy was solid and good fun all around. Jimmy as singles wrestler has been so much better than could have been predicted. He plays his role so perfectly and is such a character each time. You can tell he is having a lot of fun with it. The post match with Roman attacking, AJ, making the save, and AJ punching Knight was all well done and a nice surprise with AJ. Curious to see where things go. I just know I'm all for Roman defending against Styles at least once.

All the matches and segments were pretty solid-good. Very enjoyable episode and noticeable step up from last week. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

So Liv Morgan arrested in Florida for having over 20 grams of weed in possession.   I guess we will see if Triple H is more lenient with this than others.

Pretty sure that’s a 1st degree misdemeanor in Florida with the risk of a 1 year stint in jail. But she can afford a really good lawyer, so I’d imagine she’d get off with probation, fines and lots and lots of community service.

Not that I have any knowledge in this area. Nope. None at all. 😞

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, hammerva said:

So Liv Morgan arrested in Florida for having over 20 grams of weed in possession.   I guess we will see if Triple H is more lenient with this than others.

If you look on Liv's IG there's a reel of her and CJ Perry making brownies and they are both baked out of their mind.

Also, weed is legal in Florida if you have a medical card, I can imagine a wrestler with their line of work can find a reason to get a card. This is probably a nothing burger.

It also depends on if she was driving while intoxicated. A medical card doesn’t excuse you from driving high. And you still have to present said card when you’re pulled over and it’s found.

Also she had synthetic marijuana too, and it’s illegal in Florida. Thats a 3rd degree felony.

Edited by Casey

3 hours ago, Casey said:

It also depends on if she was driving while intoxicated. A medical card doesn’t excuse you from driving high. And you still have to present said card when you’re pulled over and it’s found.

Also she had synthetic marijuana too, and it’s illegal in Florida. Thats a 3rd degree felony.

She was driving.  Officer pulled her over after he observed her vehicle weaving erratically and crossing the center line.

4 hours ago, Sparkleface said:

The laws regarding marijuana in this country are phenomenally dumb.

If you mean they should be much stricter, I agree.

• Sad 1