DVDVR Message Board

2023-24 NCAAF - GOIN' BOWLING!

Dolfan in NYC

For the last time, the top 4 teams will compete for the chance to hoist a crystal football that costs more than the budget for all four school's English departments combined! 

YOUR MATCHUPS~!

Rose Bowl (Semifinal) | 5 p.m. ET Monday, Jan. 1 on ESPN

#1 animals-wolverine.gif

VS.

#4 giphy.gif

Sugar Bowl (Semifinal) | 8:45 p.m. Monday, Jan. 1 on ESPN

#2 dog-hanging-out.gif

VS

#3 ffmanbun-manbun.gif

CFP National Championship Game (Houston, Texas) | 7:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 8 on ESPN

Undefeated FSU gets fucked over hard because of injuries.   And once again, we see why they expanded to 12.  (And why they will eventually expand to 16.)

Bowl season starts December 16th at 11am with the Myrtle Beach Bowl!  

God for-fucking-bid we go a season without a blessed SEC school in the playoffs.  FSU got fucked.

And no, I'm not mad that now Michigan has to go through Bama because SEC.

• Like 2

Oh like Michigan vs Iowa will be remembered for years to come.   

The only thing I can figure is the committee doesn't think that Florida State backup QB will be back in 3 weeks (which is dumb as hell) and just didn't want to deal with the potential of a horrible game.   Also shows you that nobody outside of the Atlantic coast areas cares about the ACC

Edited by hammerva

26-0 is a tad more impressive than winning 16-6.

Florida State played 3 ranked opponents all year. The ACC was the epitome of mediocre once you got past the top. Even then, Louisville played last night like they also had a 3rd string QB.

Anyways, Clemson remains the only ACC team ever to make the CFP under the current format and Texas/Washington are the second Big 12/Pac 12 schools to make it.

• Like 1

We won the game the same way the 49ers won vs the Packers in 2021 and the Jaguars won the game vs the Bills in 2017. I know what’s different about those 2 games which makes this not the same, but I also know the similarities for the comparison, which means we got effed IMO. 

55 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

26-0 is a tad more impressive than winning 16-6.

Florida State played 3 ranked opponents all year. The ACC was the epitome of mediocre once you got past the top. Even then, Louisville played last night like they also had a 3rd string QB.

Anyways, Clemson remains the only ACC team ever to make the CFP under the current format and Texas/Washington are the second Big 12/Pac 12 schools to make it.

FSU made it the 1st year & played Oregon Winston vs. Mariota 

Tally is pissed & some are calling for us to refuse all bowls games while others are beating the drum, we win the bowl game then crown ourselves champions. 

Edited by Hail Sabin
  • Like 1

I’m cooling down over here which isn’t to dramatic of a change because I was just so happy that we made it back to the dance. We were such trash for so long…

I’m going to miss this because from now on it will just be another playoff bracket like at every other sport at every other level. The funnest part about CFB was the tiny imperfections that made so many different things matter, but almost never get added up to amount to everything being perfect. The bowl games, the waiting to see who they would vote in even though they might not have played in the main game, the fighting about it lol!

This will never happen again. We will be the last team to have had to eat it just like we were the last BCS Champions. 

Also whatever beatdown we would have took couldn’t be any worse than the 1 Oregon gave us 💩💩💩

Edited by BloodyChamp

5 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

I'm thinking I read the wrong table (the table for the title game instead of the final four)

Reading the right table.. 6 of the 8 ACC appearances were Clemson, 1 Florida State that you mentioned, and Notre Dame counts as ACC on that table.

All the "ACC is dead because of today" talk forgets that Clemson is the only ACC team that has consistently had a place at the table under the CFP.

Having 7-5 Kentucky beat 10-2 Louisville in Louisville probably doesn't help the perception of the ACC vs the SEC in football.

Anyways, Texas joins OU and TCU in CFP berths from the Big 12 and Washington now makes up 2 of the 3 Pac 12 CFP berths.

FSU is in a 'fun' spot where either they beat Georgia and claim they were robbed, or they lose to Georgia and blame it on the committee anyways

13 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

Tally is pissed & some are calling for us to refuse all bowls games while others are beating the drum, we win the bowl game then crown ourselves champions. 

The AP can name them Nation Champions, I’m really hoping either of the 1 loss teams win the playoff and the AP voters rank FSU #1, then we have split National Champions like the good old days. 

• Like 1

Utah State vs Georgia State in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl.

Ohio State vs Mizzou in the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic.

Ole Miss vs Penn State in the Chick-fil-a Peach Bowl.

Oregon vs Liberty in the Vrbo Fiesta Bowl.

and...

Florida State vs Georgia in the Capitol One Orange Bowl.

Edited by Cobra Commander

New Mexico State will take on Fresno State in the Isleta New Mexico Bowl. Isleta is the Isleta Pueblo, which is a federally recognized Native American tribe based south of Albuquerque

Boise State and UCLA will face off in the Starco Brands LA Bowl Hosted by Gronk.

Western Kentucky will play against Old Dominion in the Famous Toastery Bowl in Charlotte, the one year replacement for the Bahamas Bowl

Arizona vs Oklahoma in the Valero Alamo Bowl.

I knew they wouldn’t leave out an SEC team so I expected UT to get screwed despite beating Alabama. I’m trying to feel sorry for FSU but then the sound of the racist chant drowns out any pity I might have had.

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

God for-fucking-bid we go a season without a blessed SEC school in the playoffs.  FSU got fucked.

And no, I'm not mad that now Michigan has to go through Bama because SEC.

I would have put FSU in over Texas.  But I wouldn’t have given much thought to putting Texas or FSU in over Georgia.  Schedules easier in ACC & Big 12.  Big 12-especially had a lot of awful teams this year (all four newcomers, Baylor, TCU)

1 hour ago, Hail Sabin said:

hear me out:

Run-In.

Iowa State and Memphis. AutoZone Liberty Bowl.

Texas State and Rice. Servpro First Responder Bowl.

Northwestern and Utah. SRS Distribution Las Vegas Bowl.

Wyoming and Toledo. Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl.

Appalachian State and Miami-Ohio. Avocados from Mexico Cure Bowl.

South Florida and Syracuse. RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl.

UCF and Duke. Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl

South Alabama and Eastern Michigan. 68 Ventures Bowl

Georgia Tech and Troy. 76 Birmingham Bowl

Marshall and UTSA. Scooter's Coffee Frisco Bowl

Bowling Green and Minnesota. Quick Lane Bowl.

LSU and Wisconsin. Reliaquest Bowl

Texas A&M and Oklahoma State. TaxAct Texas Bowl.

Georgia Southern and Ohio. Myrtle Beach Bowl.

Boston College and SMU. Wasabi Fenway Bowl.

Kansas and UNLV. Guaranteed Rate Bowl

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Old-Fashioned Gamer said:

I would have put FSU in over Texas.  But I wouldn’t have given much thought to putting Texas or FSU in over Georgia.  Schedules easier in ACC & Big 12.  Big 12-especially had a lot of awful teams this year (all four newcomers, Baylor, TCU)

Texas beat Alabama in Alabama, only loss was neutral site rivalry game to a ranked team, and beat ranked Kansas, KSU, and Oklahoma State. Every conference has a lot of awful teams, and Texas didn’t even play UCF or Cincinnati. And remember TCU was a top 5 preseason pick (which was a huge joke).

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Appalachian State and Miami-Ohio. Avocados from Mexico Cure Bowl.

LOL, avocados cure what?  Mexico from ever developing a legitimate middle class?

FSU was kinda the wrong call, mostly the right call.  When they get housed by UGA, it'll show.

Edited by Contentious C

a list of bowl games with new names/sponsors this year

• The LendingTree Bowl is now the 68 Ventures Bowl.
  • As noted already, The Famous Toastery Bowl is the one year replacement for the Bahamas Bowl because the Bahamas Bowl stadium is being renovated.
  • The TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl is now the 76 Birmingham Bowl.
  • The Duluth Trading Cure Bowl is now the Avocados From Mexico Cure Bowl.
  • This is the first year that Scooter's Coffee is sponsoring the Frisco Bowl.
  • The San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl is now the DirecTV Holiday Bowl. It's still being played at PETCO Park.
  • The Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl presented by Stifel is now the Starco Brands LA Bowl Hosted by Gronk.
  • The Military Bowl presented by Peraton is now The Military Bowl presented by GoBowling.com.
  • This is the first year that the New Mexico Bowl is being sponsored by the Isleta Pueblo.
  • The Cheez-It Bowl is now the Pop-Tarts Bowl. Not to be confused with the Cheez-Its Citrus Bowl.