DVDVR Message Board

2023-24 NCAAF - GOIN' BOWLING!

Dolfan in NYC

Jacksonville State vs Louisiana-Lafayette in the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl.

San Jose State and Coastal Carolina in the EasyPost Hawaii Bowl.

K-State and NC State in the Pop-Tarts Bowl.

USC and Louisville in the DirecTV Holiday Bowl.

Kentucky and Clemson in the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl.

The bowl games sorting through ACC teams:

• Military Bowl
  • Duke's Mayo Bowl
  • Pinstripe Bowl
  • Sun Bowl

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

The bowl games sorting through ACC teams:

• Military Bowl
  • Duke's Mayo Bowl
  • Pinstripe Bowl
  • Sun Bowl

Notre Dame/Oregon State in the Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl

Miami/Rutgers in the Bad Boy Mowers Pinstripe Bowl

UNC/West Virginia in the Duke's Mayo Bowl

Virginia Tech/Tulane in the Military Bowl presented by GoBowling.com

5 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

I'm thinking I read the wrong table (the table for the title game instead of the final four)

Reading the right table.. 6 of the 8 ACC appearances were Clemson, 1 Florida State that you mentioned, and Notre Dame counts as ACC on that table.

ND was ACC for 2020. Played a full conference schedule, made the conference title game.

-----

If FSU beats Georgia, especially if they can do it by a couple scores, and if one of the one loss teams win the playoffs, I don't rule out the possibility the AP might vote a split champ like the (good?) ole days.

• Like 1

Oh, and just a "wow we really are about to enter a new era" note: the current top 12 features 5 teams that will be in the Big Ten next year (#1, #2, #7, #8, and #10)

It also features six teams that will be in the SEC next year (#3, #4, #6, #9, #11, and #12)

Florida State at #5 is the only team in the top twelve that won't be in the big two next year.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

If you’re the Big 12 commissioner, how do you react to your champ being left out if your champ is leaving the conference anyways

Big 12 is used to being left out.  IRRC,  they’ve had a team in the cfp five years out of 9 (Oklahoma 4x, TCU 1x).

I think Big 12 has an image problem next year.  Without Okla or Texas, they have a lot of teams, but are kinda short on bluebloods.  Part of the reason they’ve only made half the cfp’s is  that the committee dropped teams like Baylor at the end of the season because the perception was the Big 12 team played weak competition. Big 12 has had teams drop to 5 or 6 spot during final weekend on at least one or two occasions.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

just a "wow we really are about to enter a new era" note: the current top 12 features 5 teams that will be in the Big Ten next year (#1, #2, #7, #8, and #10)

It also features six teams that will be in the SEC next year (#3, #4, #6, #9, #11, and #12)

Wonder how many top spots will open up from the attrition of those teams beating each other up. Along with other teams outside the B10/SEC feasting on new opponents.

The season probably starts with a lot of B10/SEC ranked teams and then some of them will get beat down as the year goes on. Especially the teams having to travel a lot to complete a schedule.

Of all the lazy takes about why Florida State shouldn't have been in the playoff,  the "you can thank TCU for them not getting there" is top 2.   Wait you mean the same TCU team that beat Michigan in the semis.  so we are supposed to act like that didn't happen

Herbstreit on the selection show was praising how BRAVE the committee was for putting in Bama over FSU, and basically laid the Noles' exclusion as exclusively the fault of Jordan Travis.  Because, if he hadn't broken his leg, they get in. 

I swear to god, Kirk must really, really love his job.  Because no one on earth is that sycophantic without some sort of incentive.

Booger looked like he was ready to jump through the screen to choke him to death. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Jacksonville State vs Louisiana-Lafayette in the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl.

Found out today that my nephew will be kicking for Jacksonville State in the Bowl

He is a freshman and hadn't played all season but the starting kicker entered the portal as a graduate transfer so here we are

• Like 10

Booger is as AWESOME on CFB as he was horrible on NFL football lol! I’m proud of my coach for being gung ho about playing Georgia, but I’m a little disappointed in some of the players and fans. If they don’t want to play then don’t play but don’t be all Colin Kaepernick about it. 

They still “vote” at the end? 

27 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Booger is as AWESOME on CFB as he was horrible on NFL football lol! I’m proud of my coach for being gung ho about playing Georgia, but I’m a little disappointed in some of the players and fans. If they don’t want to play then don’t play but don’t be all Colin Kaepernick about it. 

They still “vote” at the end? 

The AP still does a vote, yeah. Not sure about the CFP committee. 

And, yeah, Booger is much better in the studio doing college then he was in the booth trying to do color for the NFL. 

Edited by Tabe

AP and Coaches polls both still come out at the end of the season. CFP committee is done for the year.

I'm not sure if the coaches are still obligated to put the NCG winner at #1 like they were in the BCS era.

16 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

AP and Coaches polls both still come out at the end of the season. CFP committee is done for the year.

I'm not sure if the coaches are still obligated to put the NCG winner at #1 like they were in the BCS era.

I don't know what you people want from the Committee.  Didn't you know Condoleezza Rice stayed up until 3am and barely touched her caviar platter, fretting over putting FSU at the 5 or 6 seed?   Or the guy that was SEC vice president?  He had to drink *LUKEWARM* bottled water, because he couldn't decide if Bama was going in at 3 or 4. 

You people act like the Committee aren't human beings.  For shame.

• Haha 1

On 12/4/2023 at 2:00 PM, RIPPA said:

Found out today that my nephew will be kicking for Jacksonville State in the Bowl

He is a freshman and hadn't played all season but the starting kicker entered the portal as a graduate transfer so here we are

Phil's nephew gets camera time on the sidelines in overtime after Louisiana-Lafayette misses an overtime field goal.

4th and 7, 27 yard field goal attempt, and the Cajuns call a timeout.

The snap, the kick, "Rippa for the Win"