DVDVR Message Board

2023-24 NCAAF - GOIN' BOWLING!

Dolfan in NYC

On 12/27/2023 at 9:01 PM, Robert C said:

Aggies had our starter at QB (would be third stringer but #1 is out for the year and #2 was out for the year and then transferred) for exactly one play before he broke his arm.  Fourth stringer had thrown three passes before tonight.  

Add in having a total of three receivers available and losing about 300 guys on defense, and this is gonna be ugly.  

Said fourth string quarterback apparently finished with the fifth most passing yards since Fisher was hired.  If that doesn't explain Fisher's downfall, I don't know what does.

Also fun - two guys I'd never heard of caught passes, and A&M's leading tackler was a walkon.

14 hours ago, hammerva said:

Imagine Jim Harbaugh with an oversized Pop Tart after winning a playoff game.  Like watching a live version of Silence of the Lambs 

SVqpaGf.jpeg

Bing AI is the bee's knees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sam Hartman looking like he should go into wrestling post-football with this look

If not for the sources listing him at 6’1/212, they should bill Handsome Sam Hartman at like 6’4/230 as a wrestler.

I don’t know if he has any verbal charisma or just physical charisma so the “only Notre Dame Quarterback in WWE history” gimmick might not work if he’s boring.

Also Clemson/Kentucky has been bonkers down the stretch.

3 hours ago, Pete said:

That has to be intentional, no?

I know a lot of people online were hoping they would when the game was announced.

Not bad for Mizzou. Drinkwitz managed to both troll Michigan in his first interview about the game and then Ohio State in the game itself. 

Hey kids, do you like college football cheating scandals?

Catapult, a company I'd never heard of that provides access to practice footage and other video for players and coaches to study, is cooperating with an NCAA investigation into someone allegedly hacking the system and acquiring practice footage of opponents. Catapult says they did their own investigation and found no breach, but are continuing to work with the NCAA.

(And for what it's worth, a Michigan spokesperson has said they are not the school being investigated, but they believe they were one of the schools targeted. Michigan apparently removed all videos from catapult in November.)

I am sure that the "NIL is destroying the college bowl system" was going to use Florida State and Georgia and they still probably will.  But I am sure Missouri vs Ohio State will be investigated a ton.  I mean could Missouri have beaten a full Ohio State maybe but there are is no way this 10-3 score could have been predicted.   Shows you that maybe Marvin Harrison should have been considered a Heisman more than he is worth if Ohio State offense would be that terrible without him.   Unless Mccord is actually better than we think

If anyone is going to change this, it might be gamblers because it has to be almost impossible to put bets on games not involving the playoffs.  

13 hours ago, odessasteps said:

If only the Clemson had done a Shane Douglas and throw down the belt

I know that Tony Khan has way too many issues right now in order to prevent AEW from looking like WCW 1999 but if you are going to do the giving a championship to a winning team gimmick like in WWE, you need to work on the presentation.   Maybe this was Dana Massie last act as a subpar merchandise person because it looks like they just a replica AEW title and put maybe the smallest Clemson stickers possible and slapped it on a title somewhere.  

12 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Hey kids, do you like college football cheating scandals?

Catapult, a company I'd never heard of that provides access to practice footage and other video for players and coaches to study, is cooperating with an NCAA investigation into someone allegedly hacking the system and acquiring practice footage of opponents. Catapult says they did their own investigation and found no breach, but are continuing to work with the NCAA.

(And for what it's worth, a Michigan spokesperson has said they are not the school being investigated, but they believe they were one of the schools targeted. Michigan apparently removed all videos from catapult in November.)

And then there's this.

If only they got some Mizzou footage.

• Haha 1

Just now, Cobra Commander said:

Georgia could probably just run the same play every time by this point of the game. Maybe alternate sides for which direction the RB is going. But this is de facto running clock time

The football equivalent of Thurman Munson not even bothering with signals and just motioning for Goose Gossage to send the heat while the batter just stares at him.

It should be noted that with Showtime Boxing no longer being a thing Joe Tessitore is somehow a top choice for football PBP AND the #1 play by play announcer for boxing. God, I hate life and Tessitore ain't even that bad at calling boxing.