DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DECEMBER 2023

Dolfan in NYC

8 hours ago, Teflon Turtle said:

President Tanahashi cleaning house like it's The Godfather.

Trying to think of anybody else who has irritated him over the years...

I like the idea of Tanahashi becoming Vince to Stone Cold Okada. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Not bad for a guy who literally had his brain removed from his skull.

Wait what?!

If you want to find out his likes and dislikes, the NJPW site's multipart interview with him would be useful. (For some reason they stopped running it... I wonder why?) 

26 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Wait what?!

If you want to find out his likes and dislikes, the NJPW site's multipart interview with him would be useful. (For some reason they stopped running it... I wonder why?) 

It’s impossible for you to not have heard or seen the story by now. Maybe you did and forgot it. Meltzer, being old and stammering and stumbling over his words said they physically removed Shibata’s brain from his skull to save his life. I think he attempted to explain they had to cut into his skull to take pressure off Shibata’s brain and what came out was saying they removed his brain. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Octopus said:

I like the idea of Tanahashi becoming Vince to Stone Cold Okada. 

I think what I want instead is a callback to when Keiji Muto wrestled as both himself and Great Muta in the same match.

Tanahashi in a multi-man tag vs. House of Torture. Tana gets frustrated with their antics and walks to the back. He returns in a suit, grabs a microphone, and officially abolishes HOT mid-match under pain of all of them being fired. Tana’s team thus wins by forfeit and all HOT members either find new factions or troll him by re-incorporating under a new name.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Teflon Turtle said:

I think what I want instead is a callback to when Keiji Muto wrestled as both himself and Great Muta in the same match.

Tanahashi in a multi-man tag vs. House of Torture. Tana gets frustrated with their antics and walks to the back. He returns in a suit, grabs a microphone, and officially abolishes HOT mid-match under pain of all of them being fired. Tana’s team thus wins by forfeit and all HOT members either find new factions or troll him by re-incorporating under a new name.

Now you've made me mad we won't ever see Tanahashi in a suit screaming around ringside to end a shitty HoT match Ala Inoki.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2023 at 6:27 PM, John from Cincinnati said:

Don’t know anything about him aside from really enjoying his episode of Talk is Jericho. 

And another day one behind the scenes person that I’m sure everyone will be normal and chill about elsewhere: 

I don't know how much of this was due to Dana specifically, but I always found the merch selection at AEW shows to be so so disappointing. They have a huge roster and the same 10 shirts at every show. At first I thought it was due to maybe difficulty crossing the border with alot of stock, and then I went to Dynamite in Pittsburgh and was disappointed again by what they had for sale. Imagine the money left on the table when you do that twice a week, every week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

Everything that's happening today with Chris Jericho is very much a reflection of Tony Khan's poor leadership in handling what took place before and after AEW All Out 2022. 

Time for Bryan Danielson to send out some fines.

I didn't know what you were talking about and decided to look it up - https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/2023/12/25/24014544/chris-jericho-claims-witnessed-brawl-out-twitter-feud-stephen-p-new-cm-punk-attorney-christmas

Jericho has been one of my favorite guys ever since seeing him in ECW forever ago, but man has he ever crawled up his own ass in the past several years. Every time he does one halfway decent thing, is involved in a quality match, or provides some other type of veteran leadership he takes two steps back with an inversely awful storyline or some carny bullshit like this.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

I don't know how much of this was due to Dana specifically, but I always found the merch selection at AEW shows to be so so disappointing. They have a huge roster and the same 10 shirts at every show. At first I thought it was due to maybe difficulty crossing the border with alot of stock, and then I went to Dynamite in Pittsburgh and was disappointed again by what they had for sale. Imagine the money left on the table when you do that twice a week, every week.

It can't get worse with someone new there. 

7 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Everything that's happening today with Chris Jericho is very much a reflection of Tony Khan's poor leadership in handling what took place before and after AEW All Out 2022. 

Time for Bryan Danielson to send out some fines.

Your mileage may vary with your Jericho opinions. But why is what he did there worthy of a fine? The money mark lawyer is doing podcast rounds marking out about something he's supposedly under an NDA for. I 1,000% get why that would annoy Jericho.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Your mileage may vary with your Jericho opinions. But why is what he did there worthy of a fine? The money mark lawyer is doing podcast rounds marking out about something he's supposedly under an NDA for. I 1,000% get why that would annoy Jericho.

Danielson is mad with power. I even got a fine for recycling wrong. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I’m no lawyer but I have watched a few clips of Suits on TikTok. Maybe something something no handbook or employees not getting an employee handbook or something something if AEW’s legal team said something something differently than Jericho said or eventually says. Something something Discovery something something civil suit something. 

Or just being a tool online can get you a fine. I wasn’t thinking about Brawl Out and how much that bummed me out and now I’m thinking about it again because Chris wants clout. 

But really, if everything is cool and Jericho can blab, then hopefully we get an awkward Brawl Out ep of TIJ that bums me out but is wild. 😈 Danielson can only see out of one eye know. Someone distract him and be naughty on the other side.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Ask Bryan Danielson:

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/details-behind-bryan-danielson-s-involvement-aew-disciplinary-committee-cm-punk-termination

If someone poisons the social media water hole, Bryan Danielson is one of those responsible for laying down the law. Fightful Select reported last week that Danielson was effectively the face of the disciplinary committee in AEW, and that it extended to laying out fines when necessary.

For some reason, reiterating this on this week’s Hump got a lot of publicity, so we thought we’d elaborate on what we know. The notoriously disconnected-from-social media Danielson (except Tout) has been at least partially responsible for handing out fines regarding social media conduct in recent weeks. Most of the conduct is related to helping AEW look as professional as possible as a company, and can extend to retweets and likes. We’ve not heard that fines are particularly common.

Edited by TheVileOne

Envisioning an off-the-grid Danielson, digging for clams, being visited by Jon Moxley (dressed up as Colonel Trautman) saying "I know you don't read the Internet, but Jericho is talking about... Wembley." Danielson then adjusts his eyepatch, puts on his red headband, bullet belt and Rambo knife, and GOES BACK INTO THE FRAY. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I hate Jim Cornette’s podcast schtick as much as the next guy, but it’s not like the lawyer guy is just some nobody trying to make a name for himself. He’s already an accomplished lawyer outside of wrestling in his state apparently, but within it - just recently - got the bag for the (unnamed) wrestler who had YEET trademarked. And represented several wrestlers who filed suit against Joey Ryan during Speaking Out.