DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK ELEVEN

Dolfan in NYC

"Stop asking me about my players, I am not in charge of them", says the head coach.

Boy that sure sounds like someone who knows he's gonna be packing up his office in January.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Dorian Thompson-Robinson will start for the Browns this weekend against Pittsburgh.

No time like the present to find out what you've got in your 5th round pick... 

So, if you see the rumor coming up, Ryan Tannehill  (according to a tweet that Pat McAfee thought was real and proclaimed on his show as a scoop) asked for his release.  

Multiple sources are wholeheartedly rejecting that claim and McAfee himself retracted right before the show ended for the day.     

I mean come on, why on god's green earth would Ryan fuckin Tannehill want out of his huge money contract without any compensation whatsoever.  This is why putting all their eggs in the "Funny" Punter basket may not have been the best idea ESPN's ever had. 

• Like 2

Because Florio floated a story earlier today that Tannehill and some other QB (I forget who) should demand they be released so that the Browns would claim them

Im in the car - you can find the article

On 11/15/2023 at 3:07 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

"Stop asking me about my players, I am not in charge of them", says the head coach.

Boy that sure sounds like someone who knows he's gonna be packing up his office in January.

A coach saying that if his starting quarterback is medically cleared to play, that he will play? I'm not sure what's controversial about that. 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Because Florio floated a story earlier today that Tannehill and some other QB (I forget who) should demand they be released so that the Browns would claim them

Im in the car - you can find the article

It was Garoppolo

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/heres-how-the-browns-could-entice-the-raiders-or-titans-to-cut-jimmy-garoppolo-or-ryan-tannehill

(And it might be one of the most hare-brained articles I've ever read on PFT, which is saying a lot)

• Haha 2

Today, the Eagles waived Bernard Williams from their reserve/suspended list.

If you're wondering who Bernard Williams is, he was an offensive tackle that made the NFL's All-Rookie team in 1994 and then was suspended indefinitely for marijuana in 1995. He never applied for reinstatement and I guess the Eagles just finally got around to waiving him.

Williams turned 51 this past July. Better late than never, I suppose.

Courtesy of this tweet that won't embed for whatever reason: https://twitter.com/alexkatson/status/1725278556014424181

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And the NFL is now investigating the Browns for not having Burrow on the injured report despite clear evidence that he was nursing an injury before the game

As if its not bad enough to have their sex offender QB hurt, Cleveland has to do Cincinnati's work for them too?!  :)

• Haha 2

Saleh is traumatized. I wouldn’t hold anything he says against him. If I had to pick something I’d pick his not being mentally prepared for Rodgers to possibly get hurt or atleast suck really bad. Them somehow winning that Bills game doesn’t help in hindsight. Any coach with his coaching hat on straight would have kept that team together after winning that game. Not that they’re full on Lions quitting on Bobby Ross level here, but they’re very dysfunctional before you even get into Xs and Os.

Edited by BloodyChamp
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

As if its not bad enough to have their sex offender QB hurt, Cleveland has to do Cincinnati's work for them too?!  🙂

The AFC North blends together but to stay with the Browns and QBs - they are working out Joe Flacco

• Like 1

EDIT -- Three of us posting the exact same thing at the exact same time.  lol 

Well... again, on behalf of the rest of the American Football Conference:

• Haha 4

I just watched the condensed Lions vs Chargers game and I don’t know how that game was tied at 38 because they beat the Chargers up and down the field. They got greedy on the 4th down that they missed otherwise that game would have been over alot quicker. Then when it wasn’t over the Lions played like they just knew they were going to win like a college team does vs an unranked opponent whose so competitive that it’s cute lol!

The Lions have 2 starting level RBs. Also they run this 1 basic play that used to get ran out of the far/near formation. They run it the same way only the WR is in motion towards where the FB would have been and it works every time. Montgomery had 1 that he broke Barry style. When they missed on that 4th down, that was the only 4th down where they passed the ball. 

The passing game made up for that though when they scored untouched on the WR screen from pretty far out. How often does that happen??? Like you’ll see 1 untouched near the goal line every now and then but that’s about it. Then the playaction over the top touchdown was untouched. 

They must have just got caught asleep vs the Ravens. I don’t know because I’ve only seen the Chiefs game from the Lions. 

• Like 1

Best little fun fact about Montgomery's 75 yard touchdown: the play only happened because somebody made a mistake. They had the wrong personnel on the field for the play called, so Goff audibled to a run just to save the play and get out of the mistake.

• Like 1

Miami cuts Robbie Chosen to make room for the newly activated Devon Achane.

DA is expected to play tomorrow vs the Raiders.

On 11/17/2023 at 6:46 AM, Kuetsar said:

As if its not bad enough to have their sex offender QB hurt, Cleveland has to do Cincinnati's work for them too?!  🙂

Sam Wyche ranting and screaming in his grave over this

• Like 2