DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2023 PLAYOFFS

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Hamhock said:

Last night's game in Philadelphia was worth every penny that I paid, and then some. And I'm glad that I wear earplugs, because the noise app on my watch registered 108 dB.

No lie, that game reminded me of the Cubs/Cards NLDS game I went to in 2015 where the Cubs cranked homer after homer and the crowd was just going absolutely fucking insane. I was in the bleachers for that and even though they had us crammed in there like sardines because of assigned seating, we were just going crazy all night long.

Watching that game and seeing that Philly crowd made me think of that. Glad you got to experience it. 

• Like 1

Also, fucking Jomboy. I can't believe Baby Jake's "we play for rings in the desert" is one step closer to becoming a reality, again. Let's go Phils and Rangers for maximum chaos and because I really like the makeup of this Phils team. 

(additionally, physics is cool, because I'm sure they timed it for the flyover to happen as the song ends, but with the delay in the soundwaves making it to the top of the building, I think it hit in a cooler part of the song.)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Craig H said:

LFG!

Also, LOL at Nick - "Where's the question in that?" He's so awesome.

Oh, there's no question about that at all.  I don't think I appreciated him as much while he was with Washington but he's been on my radar since he moved to Philly.

And @Dolfan in NYCmy friend is obsessed with fighter jets so I'm sure he's going to love the shit out of this.  And yeah that was such a perfect part of the song for them to come in.

• Like 1

That's actually not a horrible idea in this case. The Cowboys were at one point practicing on wet grass to simulate week one against the Giants. And boy did that pay off wonderfully for them. So preparing a team for something that could affect them might be crazy enough to work. I don't truly believe it will but nice effort.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Phillies took an early lead and now it's a 2 run lead, so can they hold it to take a 1-0 lead (to be determined)

Confirmed, 1-0 lead for Philly Phillies.

If the Rangers win Game 3 - they will tie the 2014 Royals (of all teams) for most consecutive victories to start/in the same postseason (The Royals had 8, 4 other teams got to 7 including last year's Astros)

A note of caution - of the 8 teams prior to win at least 6 consecutive games, only 3 went on to win the World Series

On 10/13/2023 at 10:37 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

That's actually not a horrible idea in this case. The Cowboys were at one point practicing on wet grass to simulate week one against the Giants. And boy did that pay off wonderfully for them. So preparing a team for something that could affect them might be crazy enough to work. I don't truly believe it will but nice effort.

Decades ago during the later Montana years, the Niners used to roll a giant sound system out on their practice field and play Huey Lewis music cranked up before road games to simulate crowd noise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Decades ago during the later Montana years, the Niners used to roll a giant sound system out on their practice field and play Huey Lewis music cranked up before road games to simulate crowd noise.

When I was in grad school at Texas (late 90s), I walked out of the ENS building one November afternoon and wondered where all the yelling I heard was coming from.  Then I heard the Aggie War Hymn fire up.  It was loud as hell where I was, two thirds of the way across campus.

4 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

So "Phillies Fans" is one guy who bought 20 tickets.  Never disappoint me, Twitter.

The other guy bought the tickets to give away not leave them unused.

• Like 1