DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane VII - 10/7/2023

Dolfan in NYC

Anyone wanna see me trigger Natural? 

Ahem... 

"WWE made the correct call in having Roman pin Bryan at Fastlane 2015" 

😈

THE CARD~

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH FOR THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Seth F. Rollins (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

TRIPLE THREAT FOR THE WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Iyo Sky (c) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka

FOR THE UNDISPUTED TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Judgement Day (Priest / Balor, c) vs. Jey Uso and Cody Rhodes

The Latino World Order (Mysterio / Escobar / Wilde) vs. Bobby Lashley and The Street Profits (Dawkins / Ford)

2 ON 1 HANDICAP MATCH - The Bloodline (Uso / Sikoa) vs. John Cena and LA Knight

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

THE CARD~

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH FOR THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Seth F. Rollins (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

2 ON 1 HANDICAP MATCH - The Bloodline (Uso / Sikoa) vs. John Cena

* FOR THE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP - GUNTHER (C) vs. Tomasso Ciampa

Most looking forward to Gunther vs. Tomasso Ciampa. The match they had at NXT TakeOver: Stand and Deliver 2021 was one of the best matches that year. It's a Gunther match that needs talking up more. Hoping for Shinsuke Nakamura to win the World Heavyweight Championship but expect to be disappointed. Nakamura should have beat Jinder Mahal for the WWE Championship at SummerSlam 2017 and AJ Styles at WrestleMania XXXIV. Man the Nakamura/Styles feud was such a disappointment.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I haven't been following WWE recently, but I really am curious how they do the handicap match without cutting the legs off of Jimmy and Solo.

It's not going to be a handicap match.   LA Knight had COVID so he couldn't be on SmackDown on Friday.  So when the Bloodline beatdown Cena, he was supposed to save him, but obviously couldn't.   

He'll probably be Cena's partner for a tag match.  That said, I've also seen Rock's name floated and even Orton. But at the end of the day, Cena's not going at it alone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

It's not going to be a handicap match.   LA Knight had COVID so he couldn't be on SmackDown on Friday.  So when the Bloodline beatdown Cena, he was supposed to save him, but obviously couldn't.   

He'll probably be Cena's partner for a tag match.  That said, I've also seen Rock's name floated and even Orton. But at the end of the day, Cena's not going at it alone. 

Oh that sounds substantially better, thank you for clarifying that for me.

7 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Really want to see Nakamura take it here, but I'm biased because I'm not a Rollins fan.

Honestly, even if you like Rollins its hard to argue against Shinsuke finally becoming champ with how great he has been the past six weeks.

• Like 2

Are they really just doing a five match card or is something going to be added in the next 24 hours? I'm not complaining, since I have peacock anyway its not hurting anything, it just seems like even less than usual for a PLE. Line-up is pretty good though, no bathroom break matches. Yet.

Two results didn't go my way, I wanted Shinsuke Nakamura to win the World Heavyweight Championship even though I knew he wouldn't and the Judgment Day to retain the Undisputed Tag Team Titles. I don't want JD McDonagh in the Judgment Day either.

Finn/Priest vs. Cody/Jey built into something good by the end. Not big on Cody and Jey winning the belts though I'll be ok with it if they go back to Judgement Day or to the Street Profits within a month or two.

LWO vs. Lashley/Profits was solid though mostly just something to build to a big Carlito return. Kind of so-so on that as Carlito doesn't feel like a big deal in 2023 outside of Puerto Rico. Still done decently well and not a bad win for Rey and Santos.

Io vs. Charlotte vs. Asuka was mostly the usual solid WWE 3-way. I really dug the beginning and end. The mist was just a nice surprise to start things out, and that moonsault/F4 finish always looks nasty. Glad Io retained.

Knight/Cena vs. Solo/Jimmy had to be the longest Cena match in years. It was good seeing Cena play FIP to setup the big LA Knight hot tag. This was pretty solid match all around and a nice boon for Knight.

Seth/Nakamura was pretty damn good and probably MOTN. Nakamura showed so much swagger and was wonderful dick at times, especially early on when he was playing with Seth's head a bit. Those false finishes almost angered me because they made me want to believe Shinsuke might actually walk out of this as champ, but alas it twas not to be as I figured long before. The actual finish worked well despite not quite being the level of what Shinsuke pulled off earlier. I do like that Seth just barely survived. 

Solid B PLE/PPV.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2