DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

I would try to be patient with the service right now. If they are still having these problems months from now, then people should worry. Personally I am trying to wait a few months before subscribing. 

Do it now. It's worth it.

OK fellas, I've got my buddy to agree to let me educate him on all the great stuff he missed out on by only watching WWF his whole life. Lesson 1 is Barry Windham. Assuming I have 2 hours of time, what should I show him?

I'm a little nervous. Now, for the last three days the live stream has been flawless but just now as I was watching Royal Rumble '13 it froze for a few seconds before resuming and then did it again later on. It's been perfect now for the last 20 minutes, though.. 

I'm nervous because I'm wondering if it was a high traffic issue...  I really hope they are fully prepared for the live shows like NXT tomorrow and of course WM.

Whatever you do, show him the Widowmaker after he properly appreciates NWA Barry Windham so that he, too, can wonder wtf the WWF was thinking.

Yeah that's how lame Windham's WWF/E gimmicks have been. When he said "Who?" I told him "Widowmaker, Stalker, new Blackjacks". The only one he remembered was New Blackjacks which isn't fair because that was Barry at about 60%

• Like 1

OK fellas, I've got my buddy to agree to let me educate him on all the great stuff he missed out on by only watching WWF his whole life. Lesson 1 is Barry Windham. Assuming I have 2 hours of time, what should I show him?

Any of the stuff where Barry Windham turns heel and starts using the Claw and being U.S. Champ and feuding with Luger. Wait, no! If you can find Windham and Luger winning (and losing) the tag belts first, that stuff is super awesome. 

Any of the stuff where Barry Windham turns heel and starts using the Claw and being U.S. Champ and feuding with Luger. Wait, no! If you can find Windham and Luger winning (and losing) the tag belts first, that stuff is super awesome. 

The problem is that most of Windham's best stuff weren't on PPVs proper. But they'll put the Clashes up at some point I'm sure.  

• Like 1

I'm watching Spring Stampede '94. You know who was really good before his knee injury before he left WCW? Johnny B. Badd. He and DDP had great chemistry.

The variety of matches on this card is amazing. We've got garbage matches, brawls, scientific bouts, etc. 

You need to watch every card from Superbrawl 1994 until Fall Brawl 1994. Johnny B Badd, along with William Regal, is one of the MVPs of WCW workrate in 1994. 

The problem is that most of Windham's best stuff weren't on PPVs proper. But they'll put the Clashes up at some point I'm sure.  

True. I actually saw most of this stuff via YouTube. Someone had up every NWA Worldwide for 1989 and most of the Saturday Nights, so I saw quite a few clipped versions of '89 NWA matches (and had to search for awhile just to find a fan-cam version of the end of Midnights/Arn + Tully).

I wonder if some of this stuff comes up if you search Barry Windham? I'll have to try it when I'm able to access the Network. 

I'm watching Spring Stampede '94. You know who was really good before his knee injury before he left WCW? Johnny B. Badd. He and DDP had great chemistry.

The variety of matches on this card is amazing. We've got garbage matches, brawls, scientific bouts, etc. 

You need to watch every card from Superbrawl 1994 until Fall Brawl 1994. Johnny B Badd, along with William Regal, is one of the MVPs of WCW workrate in 1994. 

I haven't listened to Part 1 of your 1994 WCW Year in Review podcast, but Part 2 was pretty awesome. With the network I can follow along at my leisure.

And parts of Dusty's "Walk Behinder" promo are in the Fall Brawl 1994 video package while they set up WarGames. That match could have used blood but it was bloody awesome even without it.

I take back what I said on the first page. I think the quality of some of the PPVs was only grainy because the shit was buggy as hell at that point. The video quality on all the PPVs I've checked out today has been pretty damn good. No Way Out 2001 looks better on the network than it did the day I ordered it on PPV.

At a quick glance I see:

Windham/Dustin Rhodes/Nikita Koloff vs Austin/Eaton/Arn Beach Blast 92

Windham vs Flair Slamboree 94 (is this the one where he blows out his knee?)

Windham vs Flair Beach Blast 93

Windham vs Arn Slamboree 93

Windham vs Muta Superbrawl 3

Windham/Dustin vs Dr Death/Austin Halloween Havoc 92 (why were Doc and Austin teaming?)

War Games 1991 and 1992. He opens 1992 against Austin, and I believe he opens 1991 against Pillman. Starrcade '90 with Arn/Barry against Doom. Pillman-Windham taped fist match at SuperBrawl I. Windham/Rhodes vs. Austin/Zbyzsko at SuperBrawl II. Windham/Pillman against Steamboat/Shane Douglas from Starrcade '92.

A shame that the Clashes are not up, as Windham/Scorpio from Clash 19 is phenomenal. Also, Windham/Luger vs. Arn/Tully at the first Clash.

Man, given I will probably average maybe an hour a night to watch old stuff...I'm never going to get through all this.

Watching Havoc '89.  Was surprised to hear such organized "Boring" chants that far back...but then remembered where it was being held.

Also...on Tom Zenk: "This young man has superstar written all over him.  Barring a serious injury, with a look and attitude like that he has a long and glorious career ahead of him."