DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact 11-21-13

Other than Storm's promo, and the Roode-Storm match being a greatest hits of the past and maybe breathing life into Storm as a heel, this show pretty much sucked. I liked Anderson-Bully a little bit. It wasn't much, but Anderson's new gear looks better than him working in jeans and a shirt and the Aces are now thankfully dead.Talk about ending with a whimper.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/11/tna-impact-11-21-13-debut-of-dixieland.html

Screens -

3125f6290354095.jpg

1fdc52290349572.jpg

ad146e290346715.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/ogi3f0w8emf2cxrb0y3re34g18in8vtx

I loved that the 4-6 guys came out and watched the main event (Which Tenay laughably referred to as the unity of the locker-room) because they were SO INVESTED in seeing Aces & Eights end but not enough to stop Bully Ray from piledriving Anderson on the cement, or enough to stop Knux from interfering or enough to stop Brooke from bringing Bully a hammer.

I have no idea where they are going with this Samuel Shaw/Christy Hemme thing but chances are it is going to be really creepy even by Spike standards.   Plus I guess he is going to be the first openly OCD wrestler 

I always like Candice Larae work in PWG but damn did she choke in the big time or what.   If you can't have a good match with Gail Kim there isn't much hope for you

I hope TNA continues to use these 'Clash' as the launching and ending point of major angles. A&E's was LAME since day one...so of course that means TNA is going to run it for 18 months. Glad it is over.  Storm/Roode felt like they were just going through spots because of the type of match they were in and not because they HATE each other or that there was something important on the line. The beer bottle under the ring was one thing but then the board wrapped in barb wire took me completely out-of-the-match. There are just certain things I cannot buy being under the ring without someone in the ring crew saying 'What the fuck!' and removing it asap.

• Like 1

I got a Patrick Bateman vibe from Samuel Shaw. If you looked at the art book he had two pages of something all gorey and violent he had drawn...but chose not to show them. An OCD gimmick would be interesting, but when he asked Christie out I was picturing him talking to her in a future video about Huey Lewis.

Tonight was a pretty good show. Dixie and her massive ego continue to amuse the hell out of me.

What does no amuse me is the continued wasting of James Storm. It is amazing how much they have screwed him over since he won and then lost the World title. Tonight would have been a perfect night for him to get a huge win especially when he would not go down. I guess they are setting up to an Angle/Roode finals and that would mean Bobby Roode would become Dixie's world champion.

Bobby Roode does make a good world champion. But Storm should have won tonight.

Storm said in his promo that he wanted a death match so he could use barbed wire among other things, must've had it placed under there. Pretty fun brawl they had. Surprised Candice LeRae didn't even get two minutes in there, thought she'd be a potential new signing. Agreed with Paco above, I figure Magnus wins as well though I'd much prefer Roode/Angle as the heated final.. enjoying their feud. Crazy that Aces & Eights went on as long as it did, I'm guessing the piledrivers mark the end of both Garett & Knux. Hope next week's TNA Survivor Series match is good, always enjoy those especially the 2011 one.

I was just realizing - has TNA aired that canned PPV yet where the did the World Cup dealie and Aces & Eights was its own team?

Because that would amuse me to no end if they finally killed off the group but still had to air that one.

I got a Patrick Bateman vibe from Samuel Shaw. If you looked at the art book he had two pages of something all gorey and violent he had drawn...but chose not to show them. An OCD gimmick would be interesting, but when he asked Christie out I was picturing him talking to her in a future video about Huey Lewis.

Tonight was a pretty good show. Dixie and her massive ego continue to amuse the hell out of me.

What does no amuse me is the continued wasting of James Storm. It is amazing how much they have screwed him over since he won and then lost the World title. Tonight would have been a perfect night for him to get a huge win especially when he would not go down. I guess they are setting up to an Angle/Roode finals and that would mean Bobby Roode would become Dixie's world champion.

Bobby Roode does make a good world champion. But Storm should have won tonight.

Hopefully last night was a setup for a Storm heel turn, which is long overdue .

The in-ring aspect of an OCD gimmick would be my favorite thing in the world. Like, the guy would keep trying to go up top to hit his 720 corkscrew splash finish, but would always have to reposition his opponent's prone body 37 times first and eventually just get small packaged.

Christy, don't just stare at it eat it! I was thinking Gunner is set to turn heel, not Storm.

Christy, don't just stare at it eat it! I was thinking Gunner is set to turn heel, not Storm.

Yeah after last night I think Gunner is the one turning. Storm is aiming to become like Sting. All his partners end up turning on him.

I have been a long supporter of someone doing an American Pyscho gimmick. There's TONS of potential. Shaw, potentially, has a gold mine. I hope him and TNA are able to keep it as strong as the first segment. Historically speaking, we know how this normally goes. TNA had their female version of The Undertaker in "Winter" and quickly pissed that way. So I will try not to gett TOO excited.  I am surprised TNA hasn't had any gimmicks based off music artists as those are usually pretty over. Shawn Michaels (David Lee Roth), John Morrison( Jim Morrison), The Artists Formley Known as Prince Iaukea (Prince), are just a few. I would like to see a Dr. John gimmick in TNA, but Wyatt already had that covered in WWE.

I wonder how much of Parks still being J. Parks has to do with creative vs him being broken down and not wanting to take insane amount of bumps/punishment on a weekly basis? I can't think of anyone else, in recent memory, who has toned down on the hardcore stuff, stuck to the basics, and became EVEN MORE over.  Perhaps Daniels toning down the BEST WRESTLER IN THE WORLD gimmick and becoming aces on the mic.

I loved the Shaw segment, that was the kind of character reinvention TNA should be doing with a lot of their young guys over the last few years. The subtle bit with his art book was fantastic and creepier than the paper and pen stuff. As long as it all doesn't revolve around Christy, this could go places.

Joe needs a break for a while, he's going on where and comes of really stale. They shouldn't have done a commercial at the beginning of the match either, those guys were working way too hard backstage for it to just be highlight filler

I was just realizing - has TNA aired that canned PPV yet where the did the World Cup dealie and Aces & Eights was its own team?

Because that would amuse me to no end if they finally killed off the group but still had to air that one.

That is the next one to start airing on December 6

Oh that is funny

Just like isn't that the show where Ivelisse Velez is the woman on Aces & Eights and not Brooke?

Oh that is funny

Just like isn't that the show where Ivelisse Velez is the woman on Aces & Eights and not Brooke?

Yep, shame they never did any sort of follow up with Ivelisse other than using her on a couple of the taped PPVs. In fact, the Team Aces & Eights on the show also includes DOC, Mr. Anderson and Wes Brisco while the US team still has Mickie James on it.

TNA can EASILY cover all of that up by redubbing the commentary, though it would be stupid to do so. TNA would be best to just show the PPV and try to sell it as the final video footage to air in 2013 showing a cohesive A&Es as well as....etc...etc..

Well, they've not been presenting them as live, have they?

I mean, WWE has been known to post spoilers about Smackdown on their own website on occasion. Everyone knows this stuff is taped.