DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 4/25 - 5/1/2022

Dolfan in NYC

9 minutes ago, Eivion said:

They may be separated by brands, but the sheer amount of good-great women in WWE is actually ridiculous right now when you put all of them together. Even NXT UK has Meiko and Priestly running around.

Yeah, it's all about numbers.  Plus, where would Roxanne Perez, the newest NXT gal, rank if she had signed with AEW?  Third best, fourth best?  I mean she is about as good as Thunder Rosa.  Tony Storm, Jamie Hayter and Serena Deeb are the only women who are definitely better.

EDIT: And if Perez signed with IMPACT!, she would be fourth best behind Deonna Purrazzo, Tasha Steelz and Masha Slamovich.

Some expect NXT 2.0 to end up on the WWE network, but USA doesn't have much original content anymore, strong doubts if they move the show back. Because Pro Wrestling/Sports Entertainment or whatever you want to call it gets bundled in with the lucrative Sports category for networks. 

Anywayz I'm done doing the Raw ratings unless it's a very notable rise. The ratings they get now is good enough for the niche business.

I doubt NXT goes back The Network too. They won't get a huge rights increase for it, but certainly the numbers it does will justify another deal like the current one. It's not like USA was paying a boatload, Wrestlenomics reported $30 million a year. Maybe they shave that back to $25 million a year just on the slight drop since they moved off of the war. Or maybe they keep that same number. But WWE get nothing if they put it back on WWE Network. And if my math is correct $30 million is better than $0.

That new Summer Slam logo is pure garbage. Straight dookie.

Nikita Lyons takes the craziest bump to the floor that I've seen in a while.  Lyons is bumping like a psycho in this.  I am suddenly in love.   Nikita can work and is making Lash Legend look like 400 bucks.  That was one of the best WOW matches ever.  Too bad about Xyon Whatshisname couldn't go tonight.  I dig him.  Von Wagner and Tony Italian Guy are perfectly fine.  Ah, his name is Tony D'Angelo.  He is still perfectly fine.  Von Wagner hits a truly shitty Spinebuster.  They show a replay of it!  Tony hits things much cleaner.  FUCKERY!   Wagner is the new Bryan Adams.  Oh my God, his finisher boot missed completely but you don't really notice until they show a replay.  Instant replay was not that match's friend.  What are Kacey and Kaden called now?  Man, WWE is annoying.  This match was good, whatever everybody is called this week.  It's Solo Sikoa against Trick Williams!  Williams works on Sikoa's shoulder.  It's a simple but effective story.  Sikoa will do well in New Japan if things don't work out here.  Williams is good.  I don't think I've seen him before.  I could see this match on a New Japan Strong undercard.  Nice Superfly Splash by Sikoa.  The Viking Raiders takes on Malik Blade and Edris Enofe.  Hey!  I remember when they were War Machine.  The little guys bounce off the bulky guys,  Enofe takes an assbeating like a CHAMP.  That was a good destroying of two guys.  The Creed Brothers vs the Viking Raiders will be good.  It''s Roxanne Perez!  I assume she goes up against Gigi Dolin.  Oh, they are going straight to Mandy Rose.  Perez is so good.  Mandy Rose is really good.  Roxanne is a great tiny babyface.  Mandy is a great hateful champion.  This match is soo good.   Mandy is Jon Moxley.  Roxanne is Wheeler Yuta- but the third match.  And Roxanne isn't coated in her own blood.  Mandy finally knocks her out with a knee,  That was great.  Wendy Choo comes out and aids Roxanne with 1960's Batman net.  ROXANNE PEREZ!

• Like 2

Nikita/Lash was nice, easily the best both have looked so far. That said that floor bump was damn scary. I like the post match attacks with Nattie and Cora. Next week's tag should be fun.

Katana/Kayden vs. Ferroz/Leon was good. These are probably the best two women's teams in NXT right ow. Hopefully one fo them wins the tag belts soon.

Legado vs. Briggs/Fallon was solid though I'm never big on mixed tags.

What I aught of Solo/Trick looked pretty decent.

Raiders vs. Enofi/Blade was fun. Was nice that they gave Blade and Enofi the chance to impress some instead of it being a straight up squash. Raiders/Creeds is going to be good.

Mandy/Roxanne was good. This was a nice showcase of Roxanne's attitude. Loved the little shit moments she pulled working Mandy's hand and fingers. Was also nice getting to see Mandy working a long singles, or at least one that felt like it had real breathing room for her to move around and show off a bit more. Still, ot was definitely more about showing what Roxanne could do, and Mandy reacted perfectly to so much of it.

Nice show all around. I am curious who replaces Strong in Diamond Mine because they are definitely setting him up to be kicked out.

• Like 1

Should make note of the announcement of the 1st Women's Breakout Tournament on NXT last night. The first 4 names are...

Arianna Grace (Santino’s Daughter)

Lash Legend

Kiana James (XTina Kay)

Sloane Jacobs (Notorious Mimi)

20 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Should make note of the announcement of the 1st Women's Breakout Tournament on NXT last night. The first 4 names are...

Arianna Grace (Santino’s Daughter)

Lash Legend

Kiana James (XTina Kay)

Sloane Jacobs (Notorious Mimi)

You just know someone was like "She kinda looks like Arianna Grande...Arianna Venti? Arianna Grant? Arianna Grace.  Boom. Named."

Just now, caley said:

You just know someone was like "She kinda looks like Arianna Grande...Arianna Venti? Arianna Grant? Arianna Grace.  Boom. Named."

Also the Kianna vignette was HILARIOUS, with her wearing GLASSES and talking on a phone in an empty room to signify that she's a tough businesswoman!

11 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I jumped when she hit the floor. I was convinced she landed on her head and neck and piledrove herself into the floor.

Video should start at the bump (if not go to basically the 1:14 mark)

While I think Roxanne Perez has a ton of potential, it is strange hearing how she is considered a can't miss prospect based on her Ring of Honor title run.  it was good but never really saw her as the top person in the division.   That Willow Nightengale match at Final Battle is the perfect example for me.  

Also if Roxanne is the next AJ Lee as people think what does that make Cora Jade?  The next Lita?

On 4/26/2022 at 1:25 PM, DEAN said:

Yeah, it's all about numbers.  Plus, where would Roxanne Perez, the newest NXT gal, rank if she had signed with AEW?  Third best, fourth best?  I mean she is about as good as Thunder Rosa.  Tony Storm, Jamie Hayter and Serena Deeb are the only women who are definitely better.

EDIT: And if Perez signed with IMPACT!, she would be fourth best behind Deonna Purrazzo, Tasha Steelz and Masha Slamovich.

Roxanne is better than Shida? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Roxanne is better than Shida? 

How has Shida been in AEW?  I always liked the idea of her more than I did what she usually brought to the table whenever I caught her work in Japan.