DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 4/25 - 5/1/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Due to the WWE running a UK tour later this week - Smackdown Live was taped already

Spoilers for this upcoming Friday

Spoiler

Happy Corbin & Madcap Moss had a physical confrontation on Happy Talk
Sheamus d. Kofi Kingston
Xavier Woods d. Ridge Holland
Naomi d. Shayna Baszler
Raquel Rodriguez d. Local Talent in her SmackDown in-ring debut
Ricochet d. Shanky to retain the Intercontinental Championship – Jinder & Shanky teased a split after the match
Charlotte Flair vs Aliyah ended with Aliyah in the Figure 8 as time expired – I Quit Beat The Clock Challenge
Ronda Rousey d. Shotzi – I Quit Beat The Clock Challenge
Drew McIntyre d. Sami Zayn – Steel Cage Match

Another report says they was a contract signing for the Tag Unification match which turned into a brawl and included Reigns and McIntyre

WWE has announced the following line-up for tonight:

* Becky Lynch makes her first RAW appearance since WrestleMania 38

* 20th Anniversary Celebration for RAW Tag Team Champion Randy Orton

* Hometown star and RAW Women’s Champion Bianca Belair defends against Sonya Deville

* Bobby Lashley vs. Omos in an Arm Wrestling Contest

So Sonya Deville is really good.  Bianca Belair is really good.  That match was wacky and fun.  Veer Mahan was all dynamic and shit.  HEY! ASUKA IS BACK! I like Becky Lynch's hair.  Seems like a lot of stuff was off in the Finn Balor- Damien Priest match.  It might have been the preposterous edits.  Is Finn Balor showing up on Dynamite Wednesday or something?  Mustafa Ali is back!  The Miz lays it in.  Ali will take an Irish Whip like a CHAMP.  The Miz works STIFF.  Ali takes a DDT like fucking Rob Van Dam.  Man, Mustafa Ali made Miz look like a zillion bucks.  That Rhea Ripley/Liv Morgan pull apart was FABULOUS!  This main event is a lot of wrestling.  Ezekiel was surprisingly impressive.  Nice Spinebuster.  Matt Riddle bumps ENOURMOUS!  Awesome.  this turns into an extended RKBro match.  Riddle takes quite the assbeating as this is the Most Southern Tag Ever!  Randy Orton has redefined the Robert Gibson role in the Southern tag and this night is a celebration of Randy Orton so hits his signature spots on all four opponents and this is pretty awesome.  YAAAY!  Everyone goes home happy, including me.

• Like 2

Edge's faction name is Judgment Day, same as the old PPV.  Mine will be Armageddon.

Asuka and Ali are back, I only really cared about Asuka. Continuation of last time we saw Becky and Asuka in the ring.

Becky tried to walk like an android?  Amusing.

• Like 1

It was good to see Asuka back. Even though she and Becky are no strangers to eachother it's something new in that division. While I wish Ali could have gotten his release, it's also good to see him back on tv again. He and Ciampa is a program I can get behind. I'm assuming they're probably familiar with eachother from the AIW days.

So was something up with Cody in the main event? When Riddle was getting beat up he seemed to be getting up and off the apron a bit (didn't look like he was pulled but got off to start slapping the mat), seemed to blank on his role in the everyone gets RKO'd by Orton bit at the end plus I swore I heard and saw all the people in the face corner talking over something for a bit.  It could have just been some low end oddness or minor wires getting crossed, but once it caught my eye I couldn't help but watch him the rest of the way.

A part of me is disappointed Sonya/Bianca wasn't a normal match, but the way they did things was fun enough.

The Omos/Lashley arm wrestling segment was alright. Always kind of interesting how people actually get into the contest when goes down.

The Becky/Asuka segment was nice. Becky came off as proper unhinged, and Asuka spoiling it all including giving Becky a boop on the nose was wonderful. Its good to see Asuka back and in an important feud. This is exactly what Becky needs post title run.

Ali/Miz was decent. Surprised to see Ali back. Happy to see its seemingly in a title feud and that Ciampa is involved.

8-man tag was fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, username said:

So was something up with Cody in the main event? When Riddle was getting beat up he seemed to be getting up and off the apron a bit (didn't look like he was pulled but got off to start slapping the mat), seemed to blank on his role in the everyone gets RKO'd by Orton bit at the end plus I swore I heard and saw all the people in the face corner talking over something for a bit.  It could have just been some low end oddness or minor wires getting crossed, but once it caught my eye I couldn't help but watch him the rest of the way.

He did the mat slap on the floor at least twice in the match. After doing a lot of foot stomping on the steps, I suspect he was looking for something that would register with even higher urgency. It's been a trip seeing him come back with such different instincts and physicality than when he left.

Lot of traffic, but I didn't see anyone miss anything huge. Cody went out after the RKO to Rollins before immediately coming back in, but that could easily be read as him thinking his services were in kayfabe no longer needed before seeing KO coming up on Randy. Definitely interesting to watch that traffic flow.

Edited by John from Cincinnati

Pretty remarkable Orton has the most matches in Raw history. Not sure anyone would have had him pegged as their most consistent performer in history when he was up to antics when younger !

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I would maybe disagree with the aren't as good part, but the rest isn't wrong.

Well, WWE has three more hours of TV a week so they can showboat the ladies.  Plus your best AEW lady, Toni Storm,  just got there and has had two matches.  The WWE has sheer numbers of good women wrestlers that is only matched MAYBE by Stardom.  AEW is just three years old, it hasn't developed NEARLY as much as the WWE Women's division.  EDIT: I don't know if AEW's women's division is better than the IMPACT! Knockouts division.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Well, WWE has three more hours of TV a week so they can showboat the ladies.  Plus your best AEW lady, Toni Storm,  just got there and has had two matches.  The WWE has sheer numbers of good women wrestlers that is only matched MAYBE by Stardom.  AEW is just three years old, it hasn't developed NEARLY as much as the WWE Women's division.  EDIT: I don't know if AEW's women's division is better than the IMPACT! Knockouts division.

They may be separated by brands, but the sheer amount of good-great women in WWE is actually ridiculous right now when you put all of them together. Even NXT UK has Meiko and Priestly running around.

• Like 2