DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 1/31 - 2/6/2022

Dolfan in NYC

THE ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA BEGINS~

Tonight and Friday will probably begin the process of filling the Elimination Chamber matches as Bobby and Becky need challengers.  

I'm sure that sounded a lot better in her head. 

18 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Kinda hilarious that he's from Hawaii and is named "Travis" but they feel the need to give their kid a traditional Hawaiin name lol

Travis Kuualiialoha Browne is his full name so that probably was a compromise between his Dad (Hawaiian) and his Mom (Not)

His other two kids (from a previous relationship) also have traditional Hawaiian names

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Well it was just announced that Bobby Lashley is defending his title in one of the Elimination Chamber matches so... yeah

I, for one, can't wait for Shane to walk out of EC as champion. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I, for one, can't wait for Shane to walk out of EC as champion. 

I would rather watch Bobby beat on Shane for 20 minutes than the rumored Seth Rollins

• Like 1

Lita wearing Becky's shirt to challenge her was a quality subtle troll.   I'm shocked no one I can recall has done that before.  

Also, I know I'm old and forgetful, but have Rey and AJ ever done a one on one?  I had the commentary muted.

2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Lita wearing Becky's shirt to challenge her was a quality subtle troll.   I'm shocked no one I can recall has done that before.  

Also, I know I'm old and forgetful, but have Rey and AJ ever done a one on one?  I had the commentary muted.

Rey won the US title from AJ on RAW in November 2019 and retained in a rematch 2 weeks later, but those were it. Good match here.

Glad to see Lita stick around a little longer, even if we don't get the Charlotte match teased before, this is cool.

• Like 2

I don't know which match was better- Austin Theory vs Kevin Owens or Matt Riddle vs Otis.  The Owens match had the great looking offense of Kevin Owens.  The Riddle match had Riddle bumping all over the ring for Oris.  I dunno.  The Riddle match, I guess.  Both matches were really good. Carmella vs Bianca Belair edges out Rhia Ripley vs Nikki ASH just because I never actually noticed Carmella was pretty good in the ring- SHE IS THE HOLLYWOOD JOHN TATUM OF THE WWE WOMEN'S DIVISION!.  AJ/Rey Rey was good.  I should watch these guys wrestle more.  HAIL WWE!  THAT WAS A LOT OF WRESTLING!

• Like 5

I skip Saudi shows so its hard for me to care much about any matches getting built for Elimination Chamber. Will say I prefer the chamber being a match to determine a no. 1 contender for Wrestlemania than as a title match.

What I saw of Ronda/Becky looked kind of bad whenever Ronda was talking. Becky sounded good. Dug the immediate aftermath with Lita. Not sure Becky will be able to carry Lita to something good, but hopefully people ended up pleasantly surprised.

Rhea/Nikki was solid. As was Bianca/Carmella. Feels kind of ridiculous neither Rhea nor Bianca have some sort of match building for WrestleMania. I figure Bianca may get something come the end of February, not sure about Rhea. 

Otis/Riddle was good, and I oddly enjoyed the dumb scooter race that set it up.

AJ/Rey was good stuff. 

A better show than expected after how bad the Rumble was. Still can't say I'm excited for anything at the moment though it is nice to see Alpha Academy slowly gaining steam as heels with the crowd in this RKBro feud.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

So....on the Canadian "Event Centre" (with my buddy, my pal Scott Stanford) they are advertising a Sasha & Ronda vs Charlotte & Shayna house show match. Did they accidentally leak/telegraph that Shanya is turning on Ronda?

Well that's just dumb. Shanya should at least get a run as Ronda's stooge before she turns on her.

10 hours ago, Infinit said:

So....on the Canadian "Event Centre" (with my buddy, my pal Scott Stanford) they are advertising a Sasha & Ronda vs Charlotte & Shayna house show match. Did they accidentally leak/telegraph that Shanya is turning on Ronda?

Not sure if it "counts" but they were teasing Shayna/Ronda in the Rumble until Charlotte intervened.

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Turn it on, there's a scooter race. Riddle bumps for awhile, I turn away. Turn back, Alexa is talking to a psychiatrist... with the doll. 

Why do I bother

The Alexa segment got a chuckle out of me when her therapist told her the doll wasn't the real Lily, but a doll he bought on WWESHOP.COM.  Product placement, lol.

The scooter race looked dumb, but then again, professional WWE-hater Bryan Alvarez went gaga over last week's spelling bee and thought it was his favorite WWE segment in forever, so what do I know?