DVDVR Message Board

2022 Game Deals, Subscriptions Etc.

RIPPA

Imagine my disappointment when learning the true nature of these discount sales. 40% off is actually pay the remaining 60%, so Gotham Knights really only gets a $20 discount to $40ish.

I’ll just buy GoW: Ragnarok and look forward to the Steam sales. Hopefully Xbox does an extensive backwards compatibility sale this holiday or next week.

The prices I have seen have been a major bust. 

Ghosts of Tsushima was cheaper when Target clearanced it out during the summer. 

Probably the best deal I've seen has been a Xbox Series S at Target for $250 w/$50 Target gift card. 

If I wasn't anti digital-only consoles, I'd be all over that one. 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 10:07 PM, Travis Sheldon said:

Probably the best deal I've seen has been a Xbox Series S at Target for $250 w/$50 Target gift card. 

If I wasn't anti digital-only consoles, I'd be all over that one. 

Agreed heartily. The other issue for me is that I'd be buying one to play basically a few big games (The Outer Worlds 2, probably the next Fallout if Todd Howard doesn't destroy what makes Fallout in 3D good). I'm a bit nervous about the Series S's ability to run those games that are three, four years down the road. 

But yes, no disc drive makes it a non-starter for me anyway. 

On 11/20/2022 at 12:31 PM, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Agreed heartily. The other issue for me is that I'd be buying one to play basically a few big games (The Outer Worlds 2, probably the next Fallout if Todd Howard doesn't destroy what makes Fallout in 3D good). I'm a bit nervous about the Series S's ability to run those games that are three, four years down the road. 

I find myself wanting a Series X but don't think I'd ever play it. I would probably spend a bunch of time setting up emulators and then... watch YouTube on it. I haven't played an actual video game in months. I've also never owned an Xbox - I've been a Playstation guy since 1995.

I do find it mind-boggling that supplies are still so limited on both new consoles that you can't just go buy one (generally). It's been TWO YEARS. 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1

I noticed that last night regarding Kingdom Hearts.

God...Do I really want to try and play Kingdom Hearts given how fucking dumb it has looked and sounded over the years? Part of me wants to give it a shot just to see how weird it is.

On 11/20/2022 at 2:31 PM, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Didn't even know there was an Outer Worlds 2 announced. But now I see that it's Xbox and Windows only 😞

22 hours ago, Craig H said:

God...Do I really want to try and play Kingdom Hearts given how fucking dumb it has looked and sounded over the years? Part of me wants to give it a shot just to see how weird it is.

If you can find some of them cheap, sure. 2 is still the pinnacle of the series, both story wise and technically.

I showed Kingdom Hearts to my daughter to see if she would be interested in a playthrough and she was like, "yeah, naw dog." And this is a kid who is constantly playing through all of the bullshit in Genshin Impact (I don't let her make any purchases except for maybe once a quarter) and played through and loved FF7R. I'm a little surprised at how uninterested she was.

I could always play it by myself, but stuff like that is more fun to play with her and if I'm playing the game with her then I know I'll finish it.

Xbox Game Pass is teasing on Twitter that LEGO Star Wars is coming next month (and the official LEGO account replied to the tweet). Not sure if it's the older games or the newer Skywalker Saga, but surely it's the latter. I hope it's true, since I've been looking at getting that for awhile now but waiting on the right sale.

EDIT: Confirmed to be coming on the 6th. Hell yeah.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Casey said:

Xbox Game Pass is teasing on Twitter that LEGO Star Wars is coming next month (and the official LEGO account replied to the tweet). Not sure if it's the older games or the newer Skywalker Saga, but surely it's the latter. I hope it's true, since I've been looking at getting that for awhile now but waiting on the right sale.

EDIT: Confirmed to be coming on the 6th. Hell yeah.

Yep, just bought it on PS yesterday, and played it some so I can't refund it.

On 12/1/2022 at 1:03 PM, RIPPA said:

Since I bought Lego Star Wars - I am more excited about Hot Wheels Unleashed being added to Game Pass

And I learned today that Microsoft then announced that Hot Wheels Unleashed wouldn't be coming to Game Pass

They didn't give a reason why - just that it wasn't happening

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And I learned today that Microsoft then announced that Hot Wheels Unleashed wouldn't be coming to Game Pass

They didn't give a reason why - just that it wasn't happening

Have you been banking PS+ games on your PS account? If so, Hot Wheels Unleashed was an October PS+ game. Should be downloadable to your PS5. 

• 2 weeks later...