Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Saturday Night Dynamite - 6/26/2021


Recommended Posts

Great, seeing the Youtube thumbnail alone has that song stuck in my head.  And I think you very much for that.

I almost hate that I'm going out tomorrow night as it would have been nice to see this live.  But we'll catch up Sunday morning.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since all of MFr's like Baltimora so much, you should open your eyes on to more Italo Disco, because that shit is amazing! Tell me Sunny Beach shouldn't have entered his UWF matches to "Vamos A La Playa" and you and I are gonna have 'em words!

Edited by Shartnado
Yeah, that's not Italian, but neither is Modern Talking
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So how do people see the main event going?

I don't expect they'll put the title on Jungle Boy, but it would be pretty unsatisfying to go with another ending where Omega's cronies save his ass. It also wouldn't make a lot of in-universe sense, as Jungle Boy, unlike Moxley and other recent challengers, has a fucking dinosaur to watch his back.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

So how do people see the main event going?

I don't expect they'll put the title on Jungle Boy, but it would be pretty unsatisfying to go with another ending where Omega's cronies save his ass. It also wouldn't make a lot of in-universe sense, as Jungle Boy, unlike Moxley and other recent challengers, has a fucking dinosaur to watch his back.

I see another crony-assisted victory, but hopefully Kenny can cheat to win on his own like a grown lad. I like JB but he's too bland on promos to get a title run atm imo. Better to stick with the Hangman switch.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Not just the dinosaur. He's also got Marko and possibly Christian if needed. 

Look, I'm not as down on Marko as a lot of people, but the difference in combat effectiveness between "a dinosaur" and "a dinosaur plus Marko Stunt" is pretty negligible.

Edited by tbarrie
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it's interesting that every announced match is a singles match. I am not sure if this is the first time that's happened on Dynamite.

Every match has something you can hang your hat on, in my opinion.

Bear Bronson vs. Ethan Page

I'm a huge fan of Bear Country. I'm not exactly sold on All Ego just yet. He's obviously a big strong guy but (allow me to step into the wrestling grandpa role here for a moment) he doesn't look like the kind of big strong guy who should be using a Razor's Edge type of manoeuvre  as his finisher. If he hits the Ego's Edge on Bronson it will either look great or look stupid and I think that will have a big effect on my opinion of Page moving forward. Either way, I'm stoked for Bear Bronson on Dynamite.

Dante Martin vs. Matt Sydal

Veteran high flyer vs up and coming high flyer. Sounds good to me. Maybe they'll have Sydal take the youngster down to the mat. I'd be fine with that as well. 

Kris Statlander vs. The Bunny

Aliens vs animals match-ups are always intriguing. 

Powerhouse Hobbs vs. Hangman Page

Both men are big strong and athletic. Hobbs has a clear size and power advantage Page is maybe a little quicker and definitely more experienced. There's all kinds of sub-stories going on with Team Tazz but I hope they let this match go to a clean finish before advancing the angles.

Speaking of angle advancement: 

As @Caseypoints out, a Tully/Konnan confrontation has been announced. I'm always happy for more Tully on my screen.

I think that something leading up to MJF and Sammy Guevara's June 30 main event match is planned as well.

It wouldn't surprise me to see some advancement in the Darby/Sting/Jerks and Christian/Hardy angles as well. 

AEW Championship Match: Kenny Omega (c) vs. Jungle Boy

I don't want  to get anyone's expectations up too high, but I feel like these two might put on an OK match.

 

Edited by Gordberg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't they do Dante vs Sydal on Dark or Elevation recently? I'm sure I've seen it before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, AxB said:

Didn't they do Dante vs Sydal on Dark or Elevation recently? I'm sure I've seen it before.

Yep. You are remembering correctly. Main event of the June 4th Dark. Pretty good match.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Rude.

  Hide contents

tenor.gif?itemid=17814592

 

Nobody can ever say he didn't pull his weight (of 48lbs?) in the team after that spot. Please don't tell me that got a two count, though! ...It got a two count, didn't it?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Since all of MFr's like Baltimora so much, you should open your eyes on to more Italo Disco, because that shit is amazing! Tell me Sunny Beach shouldn't have entered his UWF matches to "Vamos A La Playa" and you and I are gonna have 'em words!

My fave Italo Disco deep cut. Long intro but the astoundingly bad English at :50 and the hook at 1:16 provide momentum that the track never loses. 

 

Anyways, wrestling. I read a Jungle Boy interview where he said he's "not a promo guy" and that he runs away from the cameras when AEW asks him to cut one. Hypocritically, I think this should disqualify him from winning any title any time soon & I think Kenny Omega should consider also running away from the cameras.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

My fave Italo Disco deep cut. Long intro but the astoundingly bad English at :50 and the hook at 1:16 provide momentum that the track never loses. 

 

Anyways, wrestling. I read a Jungle Boy interview where he said he's "not a promo guy" and that he runs away from the cameras when AEW asks him to cut one. Hypocritically, I think this should disqualify him from winning any title any time soon & I think Kenny Omega should consider also running away from the cameras.

I love you!

Much of Italo Disco is not English language, despite being "in English". Have you heard Den Harrow? Jesus fuck! That's some bad English! Ken Laszlo was featured on an Italove track. That is the most amazing modern Italo Disco pastiche artist!

Edited by Shartnado
Bad English...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do Tully and Konnan have some sorta beef, or is this another AEW wacky pairing like trotting out Eric Bischoff every so often?

And man, when AEW gets in front of fans in other cities again, Adam Page is gonna be gigantically over with the "cowboy shit" chant and the drinking with the fans. He's gonna be over-the-top big and the no-brainer guy to beat Omega for the title. His "cooled-down" push at Daily's' Place is simply saving him for bigger shit down the road.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, jstout said:

Do Tully and Konnan have some sorta beef, or is this another AEW wacky pairing like trotting out Eric Bischoff every so often?

And man, when AEW gets in front of fans in other cities again, Adam Page is gonna be gigantically over with the "cowboy shit" chant and the drinking with the fans. He's gonna be over-the-top big and the no-brainer guy to beat Omega for the title. His "cooled-down" push at Daily's' Place is simply saving him for bigger shit down the road.

The former LAX are feuding with FTR, that's the beef... And fully agreed on Page, dude was already getting there pre-pandemic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the Stadium Stampede II match, Tully and Konnan found themselves on opposite sides of a pier sixer. But Konnan can't move around too well or take bumps any more, so physicality is a big ask.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hope Bunny is okay. I guess she needed checked out after the Statlander match. That Big Bang Theory always makes me cringe. One little slip and you're going to have some disastrous results.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...