DVDVR Message Board

The Action Cartoons Thread

One of the lost gems from the countless board implosions are the threads where we reviewed various DC animated shows, episode by episode.  We should think about doing that again. There's even more to cover now--

Batman: The Animated Series

Superman: The Animated Series

Batman Beyond

Justice League (all 4 seasons)

Batman: The Brave and The Bold

Green Lantern: The Animated Series

There's also Teen Titans, Static Shock, Young Justice, etc.

The series finale to Korra was fantastic. Really liked where they took a lot of the characters by the end, and the way things were finally settled with the main villain was cathartic. The very end also went about as far they could on pleasing the shippers w/o pissing off too many others. I'm really going to miss this series. The first two seasons were good but fairly rough in some areas. These last two seasons though were just great and easily on par with the level of quality the A:TLA delivered.

• 2 weeks later...

We're finally marathoning Korra season 2 tonight. On episode 9. We'll have to finish up tomorrow. 

I did find this, which is pretty awesome. It's a blog post by DiMartino for the premise and outline for Beginnings Part 1 which we just watched.

It was even further ruined for me during their "Spider-Verse" storyline when they had CG animated segments in 2099 and better traditional animation in one of the other worlds. Spider-Girl, maybe?

Have those episodes even aired in the U.S.?

P.S. If Sharky thinks that's bad, don't ever let him see Spectacular Spider-Man.

Footage of TF: Robots in Disguise is starting to pop up, including the Japanese opening. It's prettier than I expected. I am still getting the impression that it'll be lighter and fluffier but after the relentless grimdark of Prime that might not be as bad as it feels to an aging fan.

Hulu added the complete runs of 90s X-Men, plus X-Men Evo, when I wasn't looking. (Basically all the stuff that vanished from Netflix mid-2014). For some reason they have all of 90s Spidey EXCEPT the two-part finale with the interdimensional Clone Saga and Peter meeting Stan Lee. Thankfully,Hulu doesn't put ads in their kids' shows.