Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2021


Recommended Posts

Going to Dr. Strange and accidentally screwing up his spell as he starts to think through the consequences of the spell is much more in character for Spider-Man than making an actual deal with the devil, so hopefully it won’t be as horrendous as OMD.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Going to Dr. Strange and accidentally screwing up his spell as he starts to think through the consequences of the spell is much more in character for Spider-Man than making an actual deal with the devil, so hopefully it won’t be as horrendous as OMD.

Eh, wasn't it retconned later that MJ made the deal with Mephisto because Peter was having misgivings about it?  Or am I misremembering?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm kinda interested in Strange turning on Peter enough to fight him, or was that another Strange.  

 

Also, odd digging into Peter that hard when literally every other Superhero in the MCU is known. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

I'm kinda interested in Strange turning on Peter enough to fight him, or was that another Strange.  

 

Also, odd digging into Peter that hard when literally every other Superhero in the MCU is known. 

Everyone thinks Mysterio was saving the World, and that Spider-Man killed him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dogwelder said:

Eh, wasn't it retconned later that MJ made the deal with Mephisto because Peter was having misgivings about it?  Or am I misremembering?

You might be right. I'll be honest I don't want to go back and look. Fuck that story.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Everyone thinks Mysterio was saving the World, and that Spider-Man killed him.

Yeah when Mysterio dies he says something like, "People will believe anything these days". Thought it was a good nod to "fake news".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd have preferred a smaller scale sequel to Spider-Man: Far From Home dealing with the ramifications of Peter Parker's identity as Spider-Man getting outed, Kraven the Hunter sent to bring him in with Matt Murdock helping Peter Parker both as Murdock and Daredevil. Naturally, Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil as he's perfect in the part.

Having said that. SPOILER WARNING:

Spoiler

It's cool seeing Alfred Molina as Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus and Willem Dafoe as Norman Osborn/Green Goblin again. I don't have the attachment to the first two Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies as others do. I hope both those characters along with Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield Peter Parker/Spider-Man get the right sendoffs. Garfield especially was stuck with dud scripts. Expect Maguire to show up in Raimi directed Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Really hope the rumour is true that Charlie Cox's Murdock/Daredevil appears in Spider-Man: No Way Home. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dogwelder said:

Eh, wasn't it retconned later that MJ made the deal with Mephisto because Peter was having misgivings about it?  Or am I misremembering?

Yes. After people complained about how Peter would never make a deal with the devil, it was “revealed”/retconned that MJ whispered to Mephisto that Peter would never make the deal unless she told him to (or something like that) and also made Mephisto promise to leave Peter alone forever.  I don’t recall/care enough to get the specifics right, it’s still stupid and Peter still agreed to it. 

I will admit it’s a slightly better defense of OMD than Quesada’s early “Well, you know, Mephisto isn’t really the devil…”

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have never been a big fans of any of the Spiderman movies (any of the version including the most recent ones) but Alfred Molina showed up again and I was like "Okay I am in"

I know they used the laugh but is Defoe also confirmed as back because that is a double "I'm in" if so

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Going to Dr. Strange and accidentally screwing up his spell as he starts to think through the consequences of the spell is much more in character for Spider-Man than making an actual deal with the devil, so hopefully it won’t be as horrendous as OMD.

Yeah, this is probably the only way I could handle OMD as a movie.  As soon as Molina showed up in the trailer, I was in.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I am kinda leaning in a few directions with this. Having seen the clips where Loki and Wandavision get synced together, I'm sorta guessing that Strange does the spell right as Wanda goes Scarlet Witch? (Which someone might have alluded to on the previous page?)

But then I'm also guessing Mephisto, because of that One More Day arc, and of course of the Disney series tying into the multiverse story, both Wanda and Loki had Mephisto teases, even if he wasn't named. Maybe a deep stretch there. Up a few minutes later on some comic site dissecting the trailer they think Mephisto is the culprit and point to Stranges Sanctum, completely iced over etc. The site points to Dantes inferno i think. Where the 9th level of hell is iced over or frozen, dunno. Lots of speed reading at lunch, pardon if I paraphrase wrongly. So Peter thinking he's talking with Strange could be him unknowingly meeting with Mephisto in disguise? 

 

Like I said, that theory is so stretch Armstrong im not putting too much faith into it. If one of these banana theories is anywhere close to the movie im guessing its real Strange casting the spell as Wanda goes Scarlet Witch. Have to wait and see the movie I know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hayabusa said:

So I am kinda leaning in a few directions with this. Having seen the clips where Loki and Wandavision get synced together, I'm sorta guessing that Strange does the spell right as Wanda goes Scarlet Witch? (Which someone might have alluded to on the previous page?)

But then I'm also guessing Mephisto, because of that One More Day arc, and of course of the Disney series tying into the multiverse story, both Wanda and Loki had Mephisto teases, even if he wasn't named. Maybe a deep stretch there. Up a few minutes later on some comic site dissecting the trailer they think Mephisto is the culprit and point to Stranges Sanctum, completely iced over etc. The site points to Dantes inferno i think. Where the 9th level of hell is iced over or frozen, dunno. Lots of speed reading at lunch, pardon if I paraphrase wrongly. So Peter thinking he's talking with Strange could be him unknowingly meeting with Mephisto in disguise? 

 

Like I said, that theory is so stretch Armstrong im not putting too much faith into it. If one of these banana theories is anywhere close to the movie im guessing its real Strange casting the spell as Wanda goes Scarlet Witch. Have to wait and see the movie I know.

There’s also someone holding a graffitied picture of Peter with horns and a mustache that says “The Devil In Disguise,” but since they put that in the trailer I’m going to chalk it up as a knowing tease, similar to the stained glass window in Loki.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I have never been a big fans of any of the Spiderman movies (any of the version including the most recent ones) but Alfred Molina showed up again and I was like "Okay I am in"

I know they used the laugh but is Defoe also confirmed as back because that is a double "I'm in" if so

Yes. There's an image of Willem Dafoe as Norman Osborn/Green Goblin that leaked:

Spoiler

E9bpuuaWYAQNa9J?format=jpg&name=small

If you were bringing back Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus played by Alfred Molina and Max Dillon/Electro by Jamie Foxx, Norman Osborn/Green Goblin played by Willem Dafoe has to be there. Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus are the two best Spider-Man villains of all time. Norman Osborn/Green Goblin has a dark purple top on, maybe sleeveless with green underneath, his Goblin suit from Spider-Man perhaps?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everyone has forgotten Willem Dafoe was IN Spider-Man 2.

I mean, it was only for a second or two, but he was there.

Harry saw a vision of him.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

E91lzZeX0AYQeYG?format=jpg&name=medium

The late, great, Chadwick Boseman passed away a year ago. I still remember waking up stunned and crying as the news broke in the very early hours of the morning when I live. Amazing to think Boseman was filming while fighting colon cancer and seeing kids with cancer. We didn't know Chadwick had cancer until his passing. Fuck cancer.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good on Sebastian Stan as that's piss poor treatment of Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting. Meant to post this earlier when we were discussing how creators are treat.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...