DVDVR Message Board

Minor League/Japanese Wackiness

ChesterCopperpot

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Manny Ramirez is returning to the field at the age of 44. The Kochi Fighting Dogs of the independent Shikoku Island League Plus in Japan have announced an agreement with Ramirez, whose last major league at-bat came in 2011. Ramirez’s latest action came in 2014, when he played in the Dominican Winter League and with Triple-A Iowa.

Ramirez will now head to Asia for the second time, having previously played in Taiwan as a member of the Chinese Professional Baseball League in 2013. His new league includes just four teams and has no connection to Nippon Professional Baseball.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/01/manny-ramirez-signs-in-japan.htmlhttp://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/01/manny-ramirez-signs-in-japan.html

• 2 weeks later...

Did any of you folks catch this? Sergio Burruel, trying his goddamndest to kill himself looking for the final out in Game 5 of the Winter League equivalent of the LCS. I guess that he had made an error earlier in the frame, so maybe he was trying to to atone for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r92Ctmy_ig

Hermosillo hung on to win that one and then won again last night to force a game 7.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At the Staten Island Yankees home opener tonight. The outfield looks like they staged a monster truck rally the day before. They were planning to rename the team before they released the new name candidates and they were all horrible so that went out the window. But if they reconsider I have a new candidate: how about the Arabs? 

40 minutes ago, sabremike said:

At the Staten Island Yankees home opener tonight. The outfield looks like they staged a monster truck rally the day before. They were planning to rename the team before they released the new name candidates and they were all horrible so that went out the window. But if they reconsider I have a new candidate: how about the Arabs? 

I say they should be the Staten Island R's. Complete with pirate motif. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Got a 7 game plan for the SI Yanks. Save $5 a game on tickets and get a voucher for 2 N.Y. Yankees tixs and a hat as a bonus. Was at the game tonight vs Hudson Valley and it was like the most N.Y. Penn league game ever. Sloppy as hell with like 5 hit batsmen, countless wild pitches and several passed balls. The highlight was SI blowing a 5-0 lead in the 9th with 6 straight walks, a fielders choice and a bases clearing triple that may have been the hardest hit ball I've ever seen in 34 years of going to games. And of course in the bottom half HV walked the bases full and gave up a 2 out walk off single for a 6-5 SI win. Most surreal thing was the Macy's fireworks show going off in the distance while the game was going on.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2017 at 6:32 AM, Pete said:

I'm amazed at how good that TV looks for AA. Compare it to Rodney McCray running into the wall... the jump in technology is tremendous.

No kidding. The only thing keeping it from being a major league broadcast is the lack of graphics covering 40% of the screen. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...