DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Melo scored 19 points, rest of starters 10 points. Someone check Spike Lee's pulse.

EDIT: Now I'm kind of hoping both Brooklyn and New York continue to struggle because there's probably some fans who don't know that they don't have high draft picks in 2014, so when the NBA draft occurs, ESPN's gotta recap those decisions and let us hear the boo birds as Denver and Atlanta make their picks. Should be a fun draft.

Masai Ujiri is a fucking wizard.

Rudy Gay has been traded to the Kings for John Salmons, Vasquez, Patterson and Hayes.

Jesus.  New owner, new GM, and a new coach and the Kings are still the fucking Kings.

Someone tweeted this and I nearly spit out my drink.

rudygay-shotchart.png

Raptors right now are at #8 in the lottery.  I kind of like Vasquez in that deal. If Chuck Hayes were an expiring deal, I think Ujiri could flip him to a West contender since his one asset is defending bigs well. Salmons could help keep that shot chart up there alive. :)

Good deal by Ujiri.

Rudy Gay with Cousins should be fun for many reasons.

Raptors beating Lakers on Kobe's return. I think I'm more surprised that the Rudy Gay deal might have had a reverse reaction for the Raptors and now they might start rolling back to the top of the Atlantic Division. All they would need is like a 2 game winning streak. 

Kobe didn't look particularly great, and I think the bar was set a little too high.  He was good defensively, but he was a turnover machine tonight (9 pts, 8 TOs.) I think they should have kept him out of the fourth quarter.  Xavier was having a great game, and they take him out to see if Kobe could play hero, and he was just too rusty for that.  The starters were all HORRIBLE tonight. 

Considering how much better Memphis was once Gay was traded, it would be funny if the same thing happened to Toronto too.

Rudy Gay is maybe the least enjoyable player to watch in the NBA. That dude just sleepwalks through games and is the king of pounding the ball for 18 seconds before launching a fadeaway 20-foot brick. He's in a lot of ways the last of an era -- the new stat head guys that are running the show want efficiency above all else. A lot of players have picked up on that and have realized the best way to secure a good payment from a winning team is to play as efficiently on both sides of the court as possible. Not Rudy, though. He's still in the 1998-2002 frame of mind where a guy's agent could just point to any GM and say "My man's averaging 20" and get himself a huge contract.

Rudy and Cousins together are going to rule. I'm eagerly watching Rudy's debut on Wednesday to see the glare on Cousin's face the first time Rudy takes one of those awful shots.

The NBA TV guys are saying "expectations were too high" for Kobe's return. Did ANYBODY really expect him to come back from this, shout "here I come to save the day!" in his first game back and score 30? If they did, they're a moron.

• Like 1

Raptors beating Lakers on Kobe's return. I think I'm more surprised that the Rudy Gay deal might have had a reverse reaction for the Raptors and now they might start rolling back to the top of the Atlantic Division. All they would need is like a 2 game winning streak. 

Not a chance. We own that division now.

I think some of you guys are underestimating just how incredibly stupid some of the NBA GMs are regarding Rudy's next contract. I'm not sure if he'll get 19m but I'm sure he'll get an amount from some desperate team that will make RealGM meltdown.

Kobe didn't look particularly great, and I think the bar was set a little too high.  He was good defensively, but he was a turnover machine tonight (9 pts, 8 TOs.) I think they should have kept him out of the fourth quarter.  Xavier was having a great game, and they take him out to see if Kobe could play hero, and he was just too rusty for that.  The starters were all HORRIBLE tonight. 

Considering how much better Memphis was once Gay was traded, it would be funny if the same thing happened to Toronto too.

Pau has been playing really well and then had a horrible game. Bad thing for Pau is his bad games, really look bad and they usually happen when a lot of eyes are on the game. He had a good game against Sacramento, but I don't think anyone really watched that game.

Starting Power Forward is the weakest link on this team. They've been able to find value players to fill out other positions, but that seems to be a spot were they've tried guys who are better suited as centers or Shawne Williams, who is best used as a backup PF.

If you thought tonight was rough, they play Phoenix next and he's going to have to chase around Dragic and/or Bledsoe!

You think that's gonna be rough, wait until Steve Nash returns and then you'll really see some bad defense. Point guards always kill the Lakers no matter who our guards are and no matter who the opposing guards are.  Its a tradition here.

I think some of you guys are underestimating just how incredibly stupid some of the NBA GMs are regarding Rudy's next contract. I'm not sure if he'll get 19m but I'm sure he'll get an amount from some desperate team that will make RealGM meltdown.

Knicks would sign him. There's about 4-5 teams I think would still sign him to something like 3 years $30-36 million, including the Kings possibly extending him.