DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

J.R. Smith for Jason Thompson would work on the trade machine come January 15th. J.R. can't be traded until then. They have similar contracts. So, he could go to the Kings.

I was mostly joking but my god, could you imagine Gay and Smith on the same team?  Would anyone else get to take a shot?

Feels like years ago that the Knicks felt like they needed to give Chris Smith a guaranteed contract to keep JR happy.  Those were the days.

I actually just checked for fun and was amused to see the similarities between those two contracts and I also remembered Thompson was mentioned as a guy they had interest in at some point. I can't remember when exactly, but I remember his name in one of the many Knicks trade rumors over the years.

Brooklyn has gotten hot, but sadly the Pistons are ice-cold....I was disappointed to hear that since I'm still hoping at least 2-3 lottery teams out East can finish off with better records than the Lakers. Still possible at the rate the Lakers are losing.

J.R. Smith for Jason Thompson would work on the trade machine come January 15th. J.R. can't be traded until then. They have similar contracts. So, he could go to the Kings.

I was mostly joking but my god, could you imagine Gay and Smith on the same team?  Would anyone else get to take a shot?

Well, JR Smith has a career 15.6 FGA/36 minutes and DeMar DeRozan has 14.4 FGA/36 minutes. So, you could probably get a good idea by looking at games where Gay and DeRozan played together.

Jrue Holiday out indefinitely with a stress fracture.  I hate basketball.

Seems like NO has a good shot at keeping that draft pick. I hate even saying that as I am already burned out on the 2014 draft. Looks like Boeheim was right by the way.

I don't think they would even consider it now, but I wish they would shorten the season.  I'm a basketball guy but I can definitely live with less games, especially if it reduces the wear and tear on players.

At the very least, get rid of "back to backs" or reduce the current amount of them.

19 points, 11 boards, 5 assists, 3 blocks in 51 minutes for Livingston tonight is amazing. I've always liked him and seeing that injury happen live on League Pass was one of the most horrific things I'd ever seen in a sporting event. What he did tonight was extraordinary and makes me incredibly happy. If you told me a couple years ago Livingston would put up that line with those minutes in an NBA game I would've thought you were nuts. I wish Miami kept him.

Right about what?

He said last month that the guys in the next draft aren't worth tanking for. Talented but not at the level of the hype.

I would agree after watching about 2 months of college hoops. It will be far deeper than last year's draft. Its a good year to be bad. Maybe not necessarily a year you'd purposely tank to get the #1 pick, but if your team is bad, I wouldn't be too upset getting a lottery pick this year.

Speaking of which, Lakers got blown-out and of course its the one game on ESPN. I think they'll end up with a top 6-7 pick, which would be a good thing given all the injuries.

If they hadn't gotten all the injuries, they would have been a perfectly fine underdog team to show on national TV, but with all the injuries, I don't blame ESPN or TNT when they take them off their schedule. Team was fun to watch when Farmar & Henry were still playing. Once those two went down it just fell apart big time especially whenever they play without a point guard. Team turns the ball over so much and with a bad transition defense to boot, they can go from having a decent game, to a blow-out in minutes.