DVDVR Message Board

The Washington Commanders Can Fuck Right Off

hammerva

2 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

(I think I've become WAY too invested in this story)

So has Chris Russell (but in the opposite direction as he seems to think Brian Davis is legit which is hilarious)

• Haha 3

The "accounts allegedly held $1.3 TRILLION". Yep, totally legit. Please make this into a movie. 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

If the entire Richie Rich's tenure should be a 3 part 30 for 30 series, the Brian Davis saga just screams like another episode of that Netflix sports series that features all the shady shit.

This is actually making a run at the level of craziness of "dude with no money cons his way into owning the Islanders." Davis is threatening to go full Spano even if he didn't find as easy of marks.

On 5/20/2023 at 1:08 PM, RIPPA said:

This is the greatest paragraph ever

To extend the greatness of the story there have long been conspiracy theories that Marcos bankrolled his regime with stockpiles of gold that the Japanese government stashed in the Philippines towards the end of WWII when they thought the US was going to invade.

Trying to spend someone else's pilfered World War II gold to buy an expensive boondoggle sounds extremely on brand for a Duke grad.

Edited by Zimbra
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

The only other ones I remember were 'engine' and every variation of 'gay'

Those are pretty much gone.  I think DEAN~ and Rippa got rid of them when the board died like a decade ago.  (or more likely didn't add them back in)

I found them again after someone signed off most of their posts with their feelings about the character Terry Bollea played.  

• Like 2

In the big picture - this is nothing that they can't work out but - the USPTO (Patent and Trademark Office) rejected Washington's trademark request for Commanders

The two reasons are existing trademark for "Commanders' Classic (which is the yearly Air Force/Army game) and 2 pending requests (but those 2 are by a DC lawyer who squatted on like a billion names trying to guess the new team name)

• Haha 5

On 5/24/2023 at 12:27 PM, RIPPA said:

In the big picture - this is nothing that they can't work out but - the USPTO (Patent and Trademark Office) rejected Washington's trademark request for Commanders

The two reasons are existing trademark for "Commanders' Classic (which is the yearly Air Force/Army game) and 2 pending requests (but those 2 are by a DC lawyer who squatted on like a billion names trying to guess the new team name)

I don’t care about that team, but nobody should be allowed to squat on that many names. 

• Like 1

The follow up regarding the Brian Davis case

Apparently - Davis (via his attorney) has already dropped the amount they are asking for from $5.1 BILLION to $999K

If the bank drafts are "fictitious" (and I highly doubt BoA would go there if they weren't certain they were) - Davis et al have opened themselves to "criminal charges, court sanctions, and potential bar disciplinary proceedings."

Oh and Davis' attorney doesn't have malpractice insurance

Anyway - the Judge clearly is over this bullshit and has given Davis' side till next week to work out a resolution with BoA

The legal types feel like Davis et al are gonna try now to pretend like it never happened and BoA might let them (to avoid federal regulators finding out dirty secrets about BoA while investigating this lawsuit)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh and Davis' attorney doesn't have malpractice insurance

The only thing less surprising than this factoid is the bank drafts being fake. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

We are almost at the finish line

July 20 has been set for the Owners Meeting that will have the vote on Josh Harris' bid to buy the Commanders