DVDVR Message Board

The Washington Commanders Can Fuck Right Off

hammerva

27 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Somehow his Wikipedia page is devoid of any of this ridiculousness - even in the edits section.

Yeah I looked at it wondering how and found nothing. He played a handful of games in the NBA, the end.

5 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

He's getting good money from people who insist on differentiating Italians and Sicilians

Based on that quote, Davis seems like the perfect owner for Washington. 

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/07/commanders-inquired-about-andrew-luck-in-2022/

After missing out on a chance to trade for Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford in 2021, the Washington Commanders cast a wide net in 2022 — calling every team about every potential quarterback who could be acquired in any potential trade. A new report regarding the team’s commitment to Sam Howell reveals just how thorough it was.

Via John Keim of ESPN.com, the Commanders actually asked the Colts about retired quarterback Andrew Luck before trading for one of Luck’s annual replacements, Carson Wentz.

I understand why people are giddy about Josh Harris running things but people thinking that they are going to cut their old name back or maybe a better "new name" if that was even possible is fucking silly.   The millions lost on rebranding after only two years would be staggering

20 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I understand why people are giddy about Josh Harris running things but people thinking that they are going to cut their old name back or maybe a better "new name" if that was even possible is fucking silly.   The millions lost on rebranding after only two years would be staggering

I don't think the money would be a factor, its not like anyone involved would lose any sleep over a few mil. I can see both sides of the argument, but I wouldn't be shocked if the new owner wanted to move on from Snyder's last unpopular decision and start with a clean slate after all the drama the team has gone through. 

• Like 1

Teams need NFL approval to change names and branding and such, don't they? I know they do in the NBA.

Because if they do, there is absolutely no chance the NFL is letting them bring back the old name.

16 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Teams need NFL approval to change names and branding and such, don't they? I know they do in the NBA.

Because if they do, there is absolutely no chance the NFL is letting them bring back the old name.

Oh no, not the old name, never. I don't think anyone with a brain thinks that would happen. But I think a new name is at least somewhat possible.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Oh no, not the old name, never. I don't think anyone with a brain thinks that would happen. But I think a new name is at least somewhat possible.

So four different names in less than a decade? I don’t see the fan base supporting that unless they simply reverted to being the Washington Football Team. Which in all honesty I preferred to the new name (and yes I’m a Giants fan).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Unless there is a brand new name that wasn't thought of originally, I don't see how this is that much of an upgrade.  I mean is RedWolves really that much better than the Commanders

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LF2 said:

So four different names in less than a decade? I don’t see the fan base supporting that unless they simply reverted to being the Washington Football Team. Which in all honesty I preferred to the new name (and yes I’m a Giants fan).

I live in DC and have to hear the chatter more than I'd prefer, people would support it as they don't like Commanders but the rub is of course there is no guarantee they'd like the next name either. Can't make everyone happy either way. If I was the owner I'd just roll with it as is but you never know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dogwelder said:

LOL, I hope that goes forward.  Bring on the chaos and nonsense.  Somehow I doubt he actually deposited $5.1B with Bank of America though...

• Like 1

This is the greatest paragraph ever

The more relevant number, for now, is $5 billion. That’s the amount of the bank draft that allegedly was tendered to Bank of America by Urban Echo. As noted by sports betting attorney Daniel Wallach, the $5 billion apparently comes from the Estate of Severino Garcia Sta. Romana. As also noted by Wallach, research regarding the Estate of Severino Garcia Sta. Romana quickly leads to an “incredible tale of large quantities of gold illegally acquired by former Philippines President Ferdinand Marcos from a CIA operative.”

• Haha 3

On 5/19/2023 at 6:48 AM, hammerva said:

Unless there is a brand new name that wasn't thought of originally, I don't see how this is that much of an upgrade.  I mean is RedWolves really that much better than the Commanders

I think both Red Wolves and Football team are both lightyears better than Commanders. Both Washington and Cleveland changed their racist mascots to the worst vanilla names ever. . . . .

Oh my God this story is incredible.

Again, how did this guy go from "solid role player on one of the greatest college basketball teams of all-time" to "in bed with somebody who has illegal CIA gold and suing a bank over a football team for almost ten times it's value"? What are the connecting steps here?

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Oh my God this story is incredible.

Again, how did this guy go from "solid role player on one of the greatest college basketball teams of all-time" to "in bed with somebody who has illegal CIA gold and suing a bank over a football team for almost ten times it's value"? What are the connecting steps here?

Drugs?