DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

I'm surprised Brian hasn't stooped to mentioning that TDKR resulted in the deaths of innocent moviegoers.

Yeah, no. It was a bad movie, but I'm not going to make jokes about people being murdered, much less in the town my sister and her family lived in, at the movie theater they used to go to before they moved.

• Like 1

On the one hand, Craig just made a perfectly valid joke. On the other, Fowler has a personal connection to the punchline. To like or not to like....So..torn...

This moral quandary is much like Supes deciding what to do with Zod***

***ADDED FOR ON-TOPICNESS

When he makes me laugh, it's on purpose.  That's automatically a lot better than Bane.

(Also, you are so fucking wrong about that it's insane.  He was fucking fantastic in The Dark World.)

Thor 2 was like the Avengers in that we actually saw the director masturbate over one of his actors. Loki may have been less terrible than RDJ but that's not really hard to achieve.

I do agree that the Avenger movies didn't get me emotionally invested at all. It felt more like a comic book movie in the fact that I couldn't take anything too serious. I thought Avengers was OK but certainly not the greatest comic movie ever. Hell its atleast the third best Marvel movie in that universe behind Iron Man 1 and Captain America not necessarily in that order. Bane's accent didn't make me laugh and I didn't mind him being behind a mask since ya know thats what Bane is. TDKR sucked for multiple reasons that had nothing to do with Bane most of it it was just fucking boring. 

When he makes me laugh, it's on purpose.  That's automatically a lot better than Bane.

(Also, you are so fucking wrong about that it's insane.  He was fucking fantastic in The Dark World.)

Thor 2 was like the Avengers in that we actually saw the director masturbate over one of his actors

Wouldn't that be the writers' fault?

Thor 2 was like the Avengers in that we actually saw the director masturbate over one of his actors

Nah it was mostly adlibbed.

When he makes me laugh, it's on purpose. That's automatically a lot better than Bane.

(Also, you are so fucking wrong about that it's insane. He was fucking fantastic in The Dark World.)

Nah it was mostly adlibbed.

Source?

• Like 1

When we got the news about the name of the third Chrstopher Nolan Batman film, the villains and who were playing them, I liked the title and Bane played by Tom Hardy. I wasn't fussed about Catwoman and Anne Hathaway. Turns out Anne was the highlight of The Dark Knight Rises.

A lot of my friends are blowing up over the Dawn of Justice thing, but I'm not sure what else you could call a movie that is the start of the Justice League. Superman: The First Leaguer? 

I kind of like how melodramatic and over the top it sounds, it fits the mythology. 

Wow.  If there's ever an argument about the worst voice acting for any superheroes, just bust out the roll call at the beginning of the Justice League theme Odessa posted.  They couldn't even get an actual woman to do Wonder Woman, and Batman sounded like Joe Pesci after a 48 hour bender.

(pulled over from Random TV thread)

Finally marathoned Arrow to get it off the DVR (I hadn't been keeping up since the Suicide Squad ep a few months ago).  Really dug season 2.  A little draggy in the middle, but the finishing run was outstanding.  Not the best show on tv, by any means, but it's damn fun and worlds better than Agents of Shield.

Realy looking forward to see where they go next season.  KIlling Moira and finding a purpose for Thea hopefully will eliminatyes the weakest part of the show.

You say it eliminates the weakest part of the show, but I don't see how that would improve Laurel's character.

Susannah Thompson is a great actress, but the Moira scenes were mostly ridiculous this season.

Moira was almost an interesting character, but they were all over the place with her. And yes, it was preposterous for her to run for Mayor.

Hopefully, Thea doesn't return as the big bad.  Not sure I can suspend disbelief that much.

Yeah, that would be tough.

Speaking of tiny brunettes, I gotta say Summer Glau was underutilized. It seems her character is probably done (did she get offed? I forget), and they didn't really do much with her.

(pulled over from Random TV thread)

Finally marathoned Arrow to get it off the DVR (I hadn't been keeping up since the Suicide Squad ep a few months ago).  Really dug season 2.  A little draggy in the middle, but the finishing run was outstanding.  Not the best show on tv, by any means, but it's damn fun and worlds better than Agents of Shield.

Realy looking forward to see where they go next season.  KIlling Moira and finding a purpose for Thea hopefully will eliminatyes the weakest part of the show.

You say it eliminates the weakest part of the show, but I don't see how that would improve Laurel's character.

Good point.  What was I thinking?  Yeah, Laurel is probably worse than Ollie's family, though Thea-the-teenaged-bar-owner and Moira running for mayor just (weeks?  Months?) after being in prison and not getting anyone to attend her dinner party was more absurd.

Summer Glau's character did die.  She was the "Deathstroke" killed by Nyssa after Oliver showed "weakness" by deciding to spare her.

• Like 1

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, Zach Snyder's 2016 Justice League precursor, will begin filming military based scenes next week on June 11th. Warner Bros. held auditions for extras for the film back in April and are now calling back extras (for fittings) who auditioned for military roles.

The film is in need of more than 8500 extras for the day and the events taking place in the scene are currently unknown. Filming will take place throughout the day, even at night. 

There are also rumors about Commissioner Gordon being in the film.