DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING/SUMMER 2020

Dolfan in NYC

I mean, that sounds like it could be the end of his career but it's Zlatan, so I could see him rehabbing out of spite and then hitting a picture perfect volley from outside the box in his return match.

A racist West Brom fan? How is that even possible? They've been anti-racist for decades! How in the hell did the racist get through the Three Degrees years?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AxB said:

A racist West Brom fan? How is that even possible? They've been anti-racist for decades! How in the hell did the racist get through the Three Degrees years?

Ahahaha. The douche got called out so badly he deleted his account.

• Like 1

So apparently the Estonian League is now streaming matches on YouTube, and Metro Legend Joel Lindpere plays for one of them.

5 hours ago, sabremike said:

So apparently the Estonian League is now streaming matches on YouTube, and Metro Legend Joel Lindpere plays for one of them.

They were streaming the Belarusian league on Sunday with fans in attendance (social distancing enforced).

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

They were streaming the Belarusian league on Sunday with fans in attendance (social distancing enforced).

They've been doing that for months. I am a supporter of the rightful champions of Europe SK Slutsk, THE MIGHTY MIGHTY SLUTSK!!!! #SlutskArmy #WeAreAllSlutsk

Guest Edwin

We should be getting ready for the EURO 2020 and the Copa América 2020, but we're not. Luckily we're getting ready for the return of LaLiga and the Premier League, so something is something at least. Not sure what the feedback has been from local club supporters in England, but in Spain it hasn't gone over too well. A lot of the local supporters have been very vocal and have displayed their displeasure with signs all over training grounds against the return of the league with games being played behind close doors. 

Bundesliga has been back for a few weeks now aside from the leagues mentioned previously, but I honestly aren't interested enough to give them a watch. I know the K-League has returned, too and has been streaming games on YouTube also, but again, I haven't been motivated to watch any of their games. I may need to watch some Red Bull games though to see how my guy Dani Olmo has been doing in Germany. He was tearing it up in Croatia and with La Rojita before and he was linked with a move to Atleti which I was stoked for, but of course that never panned out.

The president of Las Palmas said in a radio interview some weeks ago that he was trying to get approval so they could have fans attend their returning games. Las Palmas in located on the Canary Islands which wasn't impacted as badly as mainland Spain, however there's backlash for that as they believe it would alter the competition and would be unfair to the other second division clubs who have to play without any fans in attendance, so I don't think this will get approved.

55 minutes ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

League One and League Two have both officially voted to end the season and finalise the league on a PPG basis. Real shame the season couldn't be finished, but with circumstances as they are, its understandable.

On the bright side...

Hah i just toppled Coventry in the League 1 playoff to get Chesterfield do the Championship in my FM save. ?

On 5/28/2020 at 12:53 AM, sabremike said:

@The Natural

Was going to get one straight from the club for roughly $35 but they have suspended shipping overseas. Got an Oldham one off their online shop for $27. 

Belated thanks for the tag, @sabremike. I have that shirt. Remember it caused a 50/50 dead split in a poll between those who liked it and those who didn't. I am a traditionalist though preferring the claret and amber stripes. Harry Potter knew what's up ;).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

League One and League Two have both officially voted to end the season and finalise the league on a PPG basis. Real shame the season couldn't be finished, but with circumstances as they are, its understandable.

On the bright side...

Congratulations, @Sky Blue Sam.

• Thanks 1