DVDVR Message Board

The All Encompassing Star Trek Thread

Eivion

Rafi is insufferable. I haven't enjoyed a single moment of her screentime in 3 seasons. Don't execs test for that sort of thing so they can write people out? But here she is still going.

I'm still getting a pop out of seeing TNG cast feature. Didn't realise Seven and Riker had never met until this season of Picard.

• Like 4

On 2/25/2023 at 9:12 PM, Leonidas said:

Rafi is insufferable. I haven't enjoyed a single moment of her screentime in 3 seasons. Don't execs test for that sort of thing so they can write people out? But here she is still going.

I thought she was fine in season 2 - the character (or the actress) had *some* chemistry with Seven (or with Jeri Ryan), I could have done without her in season 1 and in season 3 so far her stuff is FF material at best. Whoever thought it was a good idea to have her have a big emotional scene with a computer voice has to be on some stuff.

Also it seems as if the people writing this show don't get what the viewers liked about TNG 30 years ago and instead think that Nemesis is what TNG should be.

• Like 1

As nice as it would have been to go back to the bug aliens who were originally meant to be the Borg, I actually do like the choice of villain they finally revealed in this week's episode. Its a group we never really got to see the TNG crew face so it feels somewhat fresh.

Alright, I'm up for Big Bad Round 2.  That *almost* forgives the entire existence of the Shrike. 

Now to figure out just why the hell they're bent on Picard and/or Jack.  Picard never tangled with them.

4 hours ago, Raziel said:

Now to figure out just why the hell they're bent on Picard and/or Jack.  Picard never tangled with them.

Only in that we never saw it. There is basically not a chance in hell he didn't considering what was happening when they originally showed up. 

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Only in that we never saw it. There is basically not a chance in hell he didn't considering what was happening when they originally showed up. 

It's possible during the 3 years, but the Enterprise-E just put out at the start of the War and the Sovereign Class was mostly a Borg-killer.  War was over by Insurrection, so, yeah, he could've ran into the Dominion off-screen, but DS9 was the front, and we didn't' see the Enterprise there.

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

It's possible during the 3 years, but the Enterprise-E just put out at the start of the War and the Sovereign Class was mostly a Borg-killer.  War was over by Insurrection, so, yeah, he could've ran into the Dominion off-screen, but DS9 was the front, and we didn't' see the Enterprise there.

Was always under the impression the war spread decently far into Federation space among others so it just seems doubtful Picard and co. never had any skirmishes. 

I can't wait to get home tonight and watch this. I've been absolutely loving this season so far, and even though everyone is trying to be spoiler free here, it's obvious we're talking about the Founders. DS9 is my favorite Star Trek so I am jazzed. I know Garek killed the last Weyoun, but fuck it. Bring back Jeffrey Combs. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Has Picard ever met Garek? 

Please please for the love of all that is holy keep Garek away from this show. Bringing Q and Guinan back was bad enough. The writers on Picard would take the mystery out of Garek and not realize that the fun of Garek is you're never sure if he's telling the truth or lying to you and sometimes it's both.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I can't wait to get home tonight and watch this. I've been absolutely loving this season so far, and even though everyone is trying to be spoiler free here, it's obvious we're talking about the Founders. DS9 is my favorite Star Trek so I am jazzed. I know Garek killed the last Weyoun, but fuck it. Bring back Jeffrey Combs. 

They could always bring back his Ferengi character or just have him be someone new. I would just be happy for more Combs in general. 

And sorry about that. I really should have just used the spoiler function instead of tap dancing around things. 

Don't think twice, I don't mind spoilers. Oh, and speaking of Brunt.. he was listed as one of Sneed's known associates along with Quark, Morn, and Okana on Raffi's screen or whatever.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 1

Ok, so this isn't quite the Founders. Worf said someone of honor from the link told him about this splinter cell terrorist group of changelings. My heart fucking swelled cause that's Odo. Fantastic. Also fantastic is that it's basically the Founders' Maquis. I was marking out like a maniac all show.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 3

So, the answer as to why they went hard after Picard I'm guessing is because of Lore (it's not a spoiler, we know he's coming).  So the question is going to be, why did Lore and the Neo-Dominion team up?

23 minutes ago, Raziel said:

So, the answer as to why they went hard after Picard I'm guessing is because of Lore (it's not a spoiler, we know he's coming).  So the question is going to be, why did Lore and the Neo-Dominion team up?

Lore is a team up whore. Crystal Entities, Borgs, and now Maquis Changelings, Moriarty, and Amanda Plummer. If they reveal that she's a Klingon who was made to look human and she's related to General Chang played by her father in the best Star Trek movie my pants will explode. 

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 1