DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 2/5/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Preview is light on matches, but here's what the E says is in store:

• Royal Rumble winner Charlotte answers Rhea Ripley's challenge
  • NXT Champion Rhea Ripley and #1 contender Bianca Bel Air have a confrontation
  • New NXT Cruiserweight Champion Jordan Devlin comes to Full Sail
  • The Undisputed ERA vow to get their hands on Tommaso Ciampa
  • How will The BroserWeights follow up on their Dusty Classic win? 

I was skeptical about the Rhea/Charlotte match when it was first rumoured but seeing the confrontation from Raw I got into it. Y’all were right, if Rhea wins it’s huge for her and NXT, if Charlotte wins it’ll lead to more interesting matches and she could act as a top draw if they want to start touring. It’s WWE so things could go sideways in a second but I’m interested and it should be fun. Neither exactly wow me on the mic so I’ll be curious to see how they build things for two months. And please don’t add four women to the match to make it “better”.

The Rhea/Charlotte build seems a little bit too early since Rhea's still facing Belair.   Seems like it would have made more sense to wait till after their match to start it.  Even have Charlotte come out after the match to tease it would have seem like a better idea.

One theoretical route to Charlotte/Rhea is that isn't for the NXT title but the SDL Women's Title 

(This isn't based on any reporting besides me theorizing something)

• Bianca wins at Takeover. (With or without Charlotte interference)
  • The SDL Women's Title is one of the Elimination Chamber matches. 
  • Either Charlotte or Rhea wins there. The other challenges for the belt at Mania

There are a few ways to do it all of them with logic holes but when has that ever stopped the WWE.

Rhea/Charlotte is a match I'm not too sure about quality wise, but it is interesting to see what they do with it. If I'm being honest I would be more interested in Charlotte winning and taking on the likes of Bianca, Candice, & Io in singles. That said, hopefully Rhea wins. she has a lot of momentum on her side and loss would do her no favors. Still seems kind of early to start the build to this one though I don't know what Charlotte could have done to kill time waiting so it might be for the best

All 3 women did great in their roles but Bianca completely stole that segment. 

I can't believe the three announcers nor whomever was producing them completely missed mentioning Dream having himself, Marina Shafir and Roddy/Marina's son airbrushed on his tights ala Mr. Rude.

• Like 4

Its good to have Dream back. Wonder if they stop at him feuding with Roddy or consider making him the guy to dethrone Cole at WM weekend's Takeover.

The segment with Bianca, rhea, and Charlotte was good. glad Bianca didn't let herself get left behind. I do wonder if the little team up we saw with Rhea and Bianca ends at that or if this ends up becoming a bit of a Charlotte vs. NXT situation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

Is he saying the son is his?

Just mind games, man.  Like Peck said. Just like Rick Rude.

As much as I think that Bianca is overdue for some gold, I'm not sure if I'd lift the belt off of Rhea so soon after Shayna has held it for a billion years, unless the plan is to pull off a double title swap like Rippa said and have Charlotte screwjob Rhea out of the NXT title and then have Rhea beat Charlotte for the SDL title at Mania after Elimination Chamber madness.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

This show rules so hard. Great to see Velveteen back, he’s the cherry on top of a world class roster sundae. But anyone else feel like Undisputed Era have run their course? Not saying they should disband but maybe it’s time to switch things up a bit, maybe trade Fish out for someone new since he’s always on the verge of being retired due to injury. Maybe it’s staying in Full Sail but the show does seem stagnant at times. I wouldn’t mind if they stayed in one venue forever but maybe do some renos and give it a classier look so it doesn’t look so much like a charmless sound stage.

1 hour ago, Godfrey said:

But anyone else feel like Undisputed Era have run their course? Not saying they should disband but maybe it’s time to switch things up a bit, maybe trade Fish out for someone new since he’s always on the verge of being retired due to injury.

They absolutely should disband. Getting a new member would mean prolonging their story, which is already excruciatingly long. Their dominance over everything in the show for two years is a huge part of why NXT is no longer must-see.

• Like 1

I'm figuring Dream is beating Cole at the Wrestlemania takeover. Somewhere between now and then Undisputed Era lose the tag titles, not sure which team it'll be to though. Post-Mania they implode. Can't see them working on RAW or Smackdown.

10 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

I'm figuring Dream is beating Cole at the Wrestlemania takeover. Somewhere between now and then Undisputed Era lose the tag titles, not sure which team it'll be to though. Post-Mania they implode. Can't see them working on RAW or Smackdown.

I see them working even less on RAW or Smackdown as individuals.

5 hours ago, Godfrey said:

This show rules so hard. Great to see Velveteen back, he’s the cherry on top of a world class roster sundae. But anyone else feel like Undisputed Era have run their course? Not saying they should disband but maybe it’s time to switch things up a bit, maybe trade Fish out for someone new since he’s always on the verge of being retired due to injury. Maybe it’s staying in Full Sail but the show does seem stagnant at times. I wouldn’t mind if they stayed in one venue forever but maybe do some renos and give it a classier look so it doesn’t look so much like a charmless sound stage.

I don't think a disband would help much. They really need to just move them to Raw or Smackdown. Give them a new playground with fresh opponents. If they do break them up I would still say they shouldn't all be kept in NXT.