DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

I never played the first but I know folks who loved it in spite of its flaws

However it would probably forever sit in my pile of shame

I'm not getting a PS5. If you follow my Platinum trophy hunting in the What Are You Playing? thread, I take forever on games.

A lot of what they've shown like Oddworld~!, Demon's Souls~!, Horizon 2, Spidey Miles, Gran Turismo 7 (watch as I grit my teeth to shave milliseconds off my time for a gold rank), Stray (sure play as a kitty in a post-human world with robots everywhere?), Kena (this surprisingly made me want a PS5), Goodbye Volcano High (I'm hoping it's not a visual novel with dinosaurs in high school but more Life Is Strange point & click), Resident Evil 8, Astro's Playroom, Hitman III, and Ratchet And Freaking Clank I would get it for the system, but it would just add further to the piles of shame. Not to mention what wasn't shown like AC Valhalla or Gods & Monsters or the rumored Bloodborne Remastered and Silent Hill remake.

I haven't even played Horizon or Spidey or God of War (2018). Heck, I haven't even done Heavy Rain or the story for Grand Theft Auto IV. I think I'm good on console gaming for a LONG time.

Edited by Andrew POE!
  • Like 1

I am dumb.  I just realized that Damsel isn't wearing her L'Armee Troika t-shirt from the first game because (duh) Troika is a defunct company.

Also, the cute little female vampire quest giver from the gameplay video is named Elif Parmak and she's a Tremere.   She and I will get along famously.

I really should stop reading gamer news sites before something very spoilerish comes around.

Edited by J.T.

Have they said if Bloodlines 2 is going to work off the v5 ruleset, or same ruleset as Bloodlines 1.  Cause there's some really neat Tremere stuff in v5...

Like Rippa or whoever said, that Star Wars Squadrons game is just going to be the flight stuff ripped out of Battlefront 2, but positioned as a full game. I wouldn't be shocked to see yet another Death Star trench run level and maybe a new mechanic or two. It's better than nothing, but I'd love to see that engine used to make a revitalized X-Wing vs Tie Fighter.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Raziel said:

Have they said if Bloodlines 2 is going to work off the v5 ruleset, or same ruleset as Bloodlines 1.  Cause there's some really neat Tremere stuff in v5...

The game is incorporating Resonance / Dyscrasia and Thinblood Disciplines, so there is some v5 content that's confirmed for the game.  I think the game may force you to cultivate Resonance from your victims before you feed in order to level up or develop your Disciplines.

I am not sure how they will handle proper Kindred Disciplines.  I am under the impression that they will stick to v1 from the original game since that is what the PC players that finished B1 but have never played pen & paper game would expect to see.

There is some interesting lore for the Tremere in v5 but Blood Sorcery (I am bummed that it is no longer referred to as Thaumaturgy...)  as a Discipline is pretty underwhelming.  I am guessing that is deliberate on White Wolf's part and leaves a void to be filled by yet another sourcebook full of new paths and rituals.

Edited by J.T.

22 hours ago, Craig H said:

Like Rippa or whoever said, that Star Wars Squadrons game is just going to be the flight stuff ripped out of Battlefront 2, but positioned as a full game. I wouldn't be shocked to see yet another Death Star trench run level and maybe a new mechanic or two. It's better than nothing, but I'd love to see that engine used to make a revitalized X-Wing vs Tie Fighter.

So far the most interesting thing about it is the Hera (From Star Wars: Rebels) cameo in the trailer

On 6/16/2020 at 8:21 AM, Craig H said:

I'm all for your idea, but the PC games had so many goddamned buttons that were actually useful, so it'd be hard to do right on console with a controller instead of a keyboard.

That "match speed with target" button they added in TIE Fighter was like the best possible thing in the history of dogfighting games and nobody uses it.

Edited by Tromatagon