DVDVR Message Board

The Walking Dead.

The Natural

I think we were supposed to think it was the girl.

Lennie James (who plays Morgan) is the lead in Critical on SKY1. So he won't be catching the group up for a while because he's an A&E Doctor in London now.

I don't see how it's a "heel turn" for Rick. He realizes that the people of Alexandria are weak, but that they have a good thing going on there, especially with the fortified walls. It's essentially the same idea Rick had for the walls at the prison, and made it better and actually work. He sees that people there have either gotten comfortable, or have never been out in this new world for an extended period of time. I didn't read it as Rick was going to murder everyone and claim the town as their own. I took it as Rick will assume leadership over Alexandria, and his group will be in power, running things, while also co-existing with the others and giving them the mundane, day-to-day jobs instead. Y'know, how a structured tier of leadership should be.

Rick isn't going crazy, he's just starting to fully grasp how the world works now. The people that take what they want from those weaker don't have the wrong idea - you just shouldn't murder them. Take it, and integrate them into your idea of how it should be.

That's how I saw it anyway. That's what I like about shows like this, you take it at face value and go from there.

• Like 1

I'm not sure they're full blown heels and Darryl moping around is probably more of a babyface trademark than one of a heel.

Rick making moves on a married woman was clearly a Ric move, but I still think it's more a temporary blunder than evidence of a full turn.

Sasha snapping just shows that she's having trouble adjusting to "civilian life". She's far from the first person to do that and no one should fault her for it.

Carol's just cray and she's been that way for a while.

Excellent episode. Carol is the shit! Would you like cookies or being eaten alive? HAHAHA! I don't see the group making a heel turn, pragmatism is not necessarily evil. The Governor was right about more things than he was wrong about, but he was also batshit crazy which made him into a heel. When he was being lucid and logical, he had a pretty good grasp on what was necessary to run Woodbury safely. But yeah, the tanks full of heads and walker daughter sort of undermined things for him... Didn't take much provocation to turn him full heel.

Oh yeah, poor Buttons, but I've been around horses and they do not go gently into the good night, they kick the shit out of anything that causes them agitation, they also bite like a sonofabitch. The scene worked but we should have seen a few walkers getting kicked into next week.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, poor Buttons, but I've been around horses and they do not go gently into the good night, they kick the shit out of anything that causes them agitation, they also bite like a sonofabitch. The scene worked but we should have seen a few walkers getting kicked into next week.

I know it's a TV show and you can't really expect them to be concerned with logic in that scene but I agree that the horse would have went ballistic after the first bite. I would imagine in real life it would have gotten away with injuries but then you would have a zombie horse trotting around to explain.

I was surprised the Mayor's son lasted as long as he did, as they invested so much in making him look like a complete idiot, with him advocating going in without checking the exits were clear first and all that. And the fact that the first rule of gun safety is to not point your weapon at anything you don't intend to shoot, and he kept sweeping his line of fire across Glen's shoulderblades like it wasn't even a thing. I did like that finally someone on the show has realised you can shoot Zombies in the leg and it means they can't really chase you any more (Shane did it to a living Human 3 years ago, but nobody thought to try it on a Walker until just now).

The married woman Rick was making moves on just happens to be the one who's getting beaten by her husband. What are the chances of that happening? I liked that Glen went out of his way to keep someone alive and bring them to face justice, right at the same time Carol was arguing society has devolved to the place where the Death penalty is the only penalty we have left.

It's kind of expected at this point Glen's the next to go, but man it's going to be incredibly sad.  It's surely going to lead to Maggie going completely psycho at this point.  She'll lose her dad, sister, and husband.  That'll make any sane person go off the rails, especially in their setting.  And yeah, I like Glen/Maggie so it'll suck when they're split up.

So this is by far the best season yeah? I mean the character development is incredible and the episode layout is just fantastic.

Absolutely awesome show right now.

I'm enjoying the "You become the thing you hate the most" theme of this season as well.

• Like 1